User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's So Unusual View Post
I guess Lindsey's old rock star lifestyle has finally caught up with him. His temper tantrums and fondness for violence must have also put a big strain on his heart.
Yeah, I'm sure that things that happened 30 years ago are coming NOW to put a strain on his heart.

Of course the fact that Stevie fired him last year has nothing to do with it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Mick “wished him well on his recovery” at the end of the show when half of the people had already left.
Lord have mercy.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:05 AM
Senior Ledgie

Good of Neil to say something. I'm sure he felt compelled since he's singing Lindsey's songs this tour; it's the only decent thing to do. Good on him. (I've felt that Mike and Neil both are innocent bystanders of this drama and not to blame for this crap, and now I have added respect for Neil. Glad he spoke up.)

Mick saying something at the end after half the crowd was gone?.... not surprising. It's absolutely on brand for him... wishy washy, half-hearted attempt to save some face, gets to check off a box for "mentioning Lindsey at the show" without having to face the full crowd's reaction... all right on brand.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Seems like you are more worried about defending goats honor then feeling glad LB is ok.
And you're too busy trashing Stevie in this and every thread to be glad Lindsey is okay. If anyone is making things all about Stevie....

Old 02-10-2019, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
Good of Neil to say something. I'm sure he felt compelled since he's singing Lindsey's songs this tour; it's the only decent thing to do. Good on him. (I've felt that Mike and Neil both are innocent bystanders of this drama and not to blame for this crap, and now I have added respect for Neil. Glad he spoke up.)

Mick saying something at the end after half the crowd was gone?.... not surprising. It's absolutely on brand for him... wishy washy, half-hearted attempt to save some face, gets to check off a box for "mentioning Lindsey at the show" without having to face the full crowd's reaction... all right on brand.
These people are more and more appalling as time goes on. Mick doing just about exactly what one would expect of him, the bare minimum (but like you said, he can check the box off) - POS. And the other two not saying anything is equally appalling and gross.

As for Neil saying something, I'm with you - good on him. These guys took an opportunity to make some solid coin as hired hands. I don't blame them. I don't like the current band and find the fact that Neil is singing a bunch of Lindsey's songs to just be dumb, but he's doing what he is being paid to do. He clearly felt compelled to say something out of respect for Lindsey's contributions and I respect him for doing that.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
These people are more and more appalling as time goes on. Mick doing just about exactly what one would expect of him, the bare minimum (but like you said, he can check the box off) - POS. And the other two not saying anything is equally appalling and gross.

As for Neil saying something, I'm with you - good on him. These guys took an opportunity to make some solid coin as hired hands. I don't blame them. I don't like the current band and find the fact that Neil is singing a bunch of Lindsey's songs to just be dumb, but he's doing what he is being paid to do. He clearly felt compelled to say something out of respect for Lindsey's contributions and I respect him for doing that.
I agree with this. Neil seems like a classy guy. I don't like what went down with the band, but Neil and Mike have nothing to do with it.
As for Mick saying something, he did the bare minimum, in between telling everyone to be kind to one another and "The Mac is Back" Poetic or what? He is a charlatan
Old 02-10-2019, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Hate can be pretty destructive, so I'm wondering how
much longer you guys and gals plan on carrying it around?

Thankfully our guy is recovering.
At this point Stevie could have fired the tech guy and it would give them one more excuse to vent their anger and frustrations. Heck, maybe their fave tv show is in hiatus too long and they'll take it out on Stevie and Mick too.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
At this point Stevie could have fired the tech guy and it would give them one more excuse to vent their anger and frustrations.
SHE SHOULD NOT BE FIRING TECH PERSONNEL ON HER OWN ACCORD. SHE IS NOT THE BOSS OF THIS BAND AND EVEN SAID SO HERSELF!
Old 02-10-2019, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I appreciate Neil saying something, and I'm disgusted that Stevie and Chris said nothing by contrast. I almost wonder if Mick's post-show comment was a result of Neil's, because he realized how bad it made the rest of them look. Easy enough to throw a "wish Lindsey well" in there at the last minute to save face.

I don't think Neil and Mike are blameless, though - especially Mike, who in all probability knew about it before Lindsey. Indeed, I believe his willingness to replace Lindsey was part of the reason Stevie wanted Lindsey out so badly. She wanted a Heartbreaker in her band. Who knows, perhaps if Mike had said he wasn't interested, she would not have been so quick to get rid of a key member of the band right before a tour. If that's true, we can thank Mike for enabling the end of the Rumours 5.

As for Neil... he could've said "no." He could've said "Well, I just can't."

I don't think he's a bad guy. I respect him for what he said last night. I just don't think he's blameless when it comes to the embarrassment that is the current incarnation of Fleetwood Mac.

ETA: I wonder if Christine gave the same speech before "All Over Again" last night where she says the song is about the band "surviving change" ie firing Lindsey? Let's hope they had enough heart to leave that off or modify the wording for one night at least.

Last edited by sodascouts; 02-10-2019 at 02:00 PM..
Old 02-10-2019, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

respect to Neil for saying the right thing at the right time and obviously being a decent guy. i'm happy he did that and good for him. and it just makes the stark contrast and puts in perspective the other 4.

i think what Mick said was sincere and ok. he should have said much more, and he should have said it at the point in the show when most of the people weren't already on their way out. but what he did say was ok.

Christine and Stevie - no comment.

John never says anything.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-10-2019, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Christine and Stevie - no comment.
If this had happened to one of their dogs, though ... lo the pain.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Hate can be pretty destructive, so I'm wondering how
much longer you guys and gals plan on carrying it around?

Thankfully our guy is recovering.
Yep, hate can be destructive. Good thing there’s a fan forum where people can engage in harmless chat, vent and discuss these things and that no one’s out in “the real world” going postal.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
At this point Stevie could have fired the tech guy and it would give them one more excuse to vent their anger and frustrations. Heck, maybe their fave tv show is in hiatus too long and they'll take it out on Stevie and Mick too.
I’m sure she fired a lot of tech guys in her diva life. But tech guys weren’t part of the Rumours 5.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-10-2019, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 02-10-2019, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I appreciate Neil saying something, and I'm disgusted that Stevie and Chris said nothing by contrast. I almost wonder if Mick's post-show comment was a result of Neil's, because he realized how bad it made the rest of them look. Easy enough to throw a "wish Lindsey well" in there at the last minute to save face.

I don't think Neil and Mike are blameless, though - especially Mike, who in all probability knew about it before Lindsey. Indeed, I believe his willingness to replace Lindsey was part of the reason Stevie wanted Lindsey out so badly. She wanted a Heartbreaker in her band. Who knows, perhaps if Mike had said he wasn't interested, she would not have been so quick to get rid of a key member of the band right before a tour. If that's true, we can thank Mike for enabling the end of the Rumours 5.

As for Neil... he could've said "no." He could've said "Well, I just can't."

I don't think he's a bad guy. I respect him for what he said last night. I just don't think he's blameless when it comes to the embarrassment that is the current incarnation of Fleetwood Mac.

ETA: I wonder if Christine gave the same speech before "All Over Again" last night where she says the song is about the band "surviving change" ie firing Lindsey? Let's hope they had enough heart to leave that off or modify the wording for one night at least.

Your post summarizes everything I feel right now. I never thought about Mick talking at the end only because Mick did it first. Could be.

I always blame Mike together with the rest of the band. He probably knew even before Lindsey that he was being fired and he said ok. Same with NF. He could just walk away after he found out the truth but chose to stay.

Christine’s speech before “All Over Again” was exactly the same. Shameful.