User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I don't wish to be perceived as negative, but why the aversion to sentence structure, commas and periods? Why "u" instead of "you," and why "u'll" instead of "you'll."

I appreciate the statements you post, but clear and literate communication, as well as credibilty, is severely strained with these perculiar mannerisms. In other words, the message you are trying to convey loses its impact, Sorry if you take this the wrong way, however I am a professional writer and student of English, and I hate to see written communication so hacked up and disrespected. I still make mistakes, but at least I try!
I iz surelay one who agrezz with Miss Pat about hers statemints... Her iz wright... You'ins shud listin to hers... and thoughs her got the pointz akross...

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 05-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default hi five donnie

hey donnie my friend...i love it...touche (excuse me i can't find the accent over the e) to the post and my use of abreviations...i've got a way higher i.q. and a lot more knowledge on how the english language should be typed...this isn't an associate paper in english this is the frikken internet...i'm not typing on or for a newspaper/book/magazine or any other form of paper...just expressing my opinion here...as my friend donnie says use gotta liten up palsy...hugsssssssssssssssss pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 151unleashed.jpg (46.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't wish to be perceived as negative, but why the aversion to sentence structure, commas and periods? Why "u" instead of "you," and why "u'll" instead of "you'll."

I appreciate the statements you post, but clear and literate communication, as well as credibilty, is severely strained with these perculiar mannerisms. In other words, the message you are trying to convey loses its impact, Sorry if you take this the wrong way, however I am a professional writer and student of English, and I hate to see written communication so hacked up and disrespected. I still make mistakes, but at least I try!

I'm sorry, but one, you are coming across as completely negative, by pointing out the importance of "annunciation" instead of being concerned with WHAT the point of someone's post means. I'm sorry you feel this board is like being in the "Navy"- but I'm sorry, if one can't come on and say their mind here, and I agree with Donnie (Moon Water Poet)- you need to lighten up- and take your "Navy" suit off, and chill.. This "ain't" the Navy bud! You GO Sis.. (Steviefan59)!

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 05-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Registered

Quote:

I'd weigh in, but I'm just a hapless 20-something

Last edited by LukeA; 05-16-2009 at 11:43 PM..
Old 05-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The schedule for the first leg of Fleetwood Mac's Unleashed tour in March and April was "horrific," according to Stevie Nicks. She says they had only a few days off and that it "nearly killed all four" band members. .

Translated from "Nicksian" into "Buckinghamese" - -

"The schedule was somewhat fatiguing."
Old 05-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
I'm sorry, but one, you are coming across as completely negative, by pointing out the importance of "annunciation" instead of being concerned with WHAT the point of someone's post means. I'm sorry you feel this board is like being in the "Navy"- but I'm sorry, if one can't come on and say their mind here, and I agree with Donnie (Moon Water Poet)- you need to lighten up- and take your "Navy" suit off, and chill.. This "ain't" the Navy bud! You GO Sis.. (Steviefan59)!
I think PenguinHead was trying to be helpful. I just completely skip posts that take too much work to decipher due to lack of punctuation and proper spelling. I'm probably not the only one who does. Maybe I/ we miss out on some great thoughts and insights because of this.
Why not try to be as clear as possible so that your point isn't lost or overlooked?
Old 05-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
I think PenguinHead was trying to be helpful. I just completely skip posts that take too much work to decipher due to lack of punctuation and proper spelling. I'm probably not the only one who does. Maybe I/ we miss out on some great thoughts and insights because of this.
Why not try to be as clear as possible so that your point isn't lost or overlooked?
Well, if he was "trying" to be helpful, which was doubtful, there's a way of saying something that doesn't come across as negative- like he was! If you re-read the sarcasm and the underlying rudeness in his post, you'll see otherwise yourself. Just because someone substitutes "tho" for example for "though" doesn't mean they aren't getting a point across, and Pat's posts are "NOT" illiterate by any stretch of the imagination! She completely gets her point across, without someone having to "take time" to decipher anything! I don't come on here to look for people's posts for their "annunciation" of words, and grammar, even though English was my major, way back when! I'm not a English Teacher wanting to grade papers, I come on here to read people's points of view on what they have to say, etc...- That's what's important here! IMO.

Last edited by Steviefan49; 05-17-2009 at 07:17 PM..
Old 05-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
Translated from "Nicksian" into "Buckinghamese" - -

"The schedule was somewhat fatiguing."
Love, Love, Love that Captain Kirk! LOL

Old 05-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
You're right -- I feel the same way as you and PenguinHead about the "im to lazy to uz proper gramer n speling" attitude that I see on quite a few message boards. I don't claim to be a complete expert in grammar, spelling, and punctuation (even though I have an English degree), but I end up skipping a lot of the posts that you're describing just because it takes too much time to decipher. (Sorry if that last sentence was a run-on sentence -- that's my worst habit in writing! ) I don't want to have to take up a lot of mental energy in translating codes and abbreviations....

I believe there is a time and a place for everything. Text messaging and chat rooms, where you have to type fast and you're posting between friends, is the best place for so-called netspeak. Otherwise, posts of general interest on message boards should be written so that they can be understood by everyone.

That's just my 2 cents.
Well let it let go of the sorrow."
--Stevie Nicks, "Juliet"
Old 12-06-2009, 02:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

As a fellow complainer / drama queen, I sympathise with Stevie. I really do. lol.

I know that in a way, she "lives for touring"...she seems to love being on the road, but at the same time, she gets really tired of it, which is understandable.

I've got nothing else to say about this, except that for their Australian shows this year, they've got large gaps between each show. I think the Melb shows (3 of them?) began on 1 December. Their next lot of shows which I think are in Sydney...I'm not even sure they've started yet...so they do seem to be having some days off in between cities, which is nice.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Good Lord that woman is sucha damn whiner! Is she EVER happy or satisfied?? Working 3 hours a day, every other day for a month stretch would sure wear me out too.
I would imagine that the "3 working hours" is the least of the problems. There's the travelling, dealing with the press and fans and sleeping a strange bed each night which would take the toll. Remember she's no spring chicken. And we are the first to moan if she isn't as lively as we would expect.

Gail
Old 12-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
I'm sorry you feel this board is like being in the "Navy"- but I'm sorry, if one can't come on and say their mind here ...
That includes criticizing the band.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan View Post
Come on Stevie you are young and fresh, Tina turner is 69!!!! and is still hot with those legs and look at this dress........DAMN Tina you are Fine! She still has an amzing voice and wears hills throughout the whole concert. Now being a guy i havenever worn boots nor heels or ever will haha but Come on stevie........all you have is... I hate to say it.....Boots!! haha but Stevie you always are, and will stay sexy to me

Tina turner on a giant arm over her audience for one of the last times in her career
I for one cannot stand Tina Turner. That Proud Mary dance annoys the **** out of me. She truely destroyed that song.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel69 View Post
I for one cannot stand Tina Turner. That Proud Mary dance annoys the **** out of me. She truely destroyed that song.
I think she's a fierce old lady, much more so than SN, and I'll always play her fast songs on my iPod when I go running.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL