User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
No offense intended (really), but let's be careful throwing stones. Teresa Heinz is no pageant winner herself, no matter how great her personality may be.

- Jake
Hmm. I think Teresa Heinz is actually pretty. She looks fantastic, IMO, especially for a woman in her sixties. I've seen pictures of her from back in the day and she was a good-looking woman.

To compare her looks with Karen Hughes is to compare Laurel and Hardy's body weight.

Old 07-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason T.
My God, when they start attacking Whoopi they've done gone TOO far! This whole fear of Republicans needs to stop. The poor Dixie Chicks had to suffer and now they're trying to go after the most awesome person on the planet. It's just all sick and wrong.
It is sick, especially considering that the parent company of Slime Fast is right up there with KFC when it comes to animal abuse and animal testing. Whoopi certianly wasn't hurting for the bucks, but she already got paid so she's the one laughing all the way to the bank. And just think: ever since she started doing those commercials, sales of Slime Fast products shot up 96%.

Old 07-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
No offense intended (really), but let's be careful throwing stones. Teresa Heinz is no pageant winner herself, no matter how great her personality may be.

- Jake
I think Teresa is an attractive woman. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
It is sick, especially considering that the parent company of Slime Fast is right up there with KFC when it comes to animal abuse and animal testing. Whoopi certianly wasn't hurting for the bucks, but she already got paid so she's the one laughing all the way to the bank. And just think: ever since she started doing those commercials, sales of Slime Fast products shot up 96%.
What the hell is in Slim Fast anyway? I'd never touch that stuff.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmm. I think Teresa Heinz is actually pretty. She looks fantastic, IMO, especially for a woman in her sixties. I've seen pictures of her from back in the day and she was a good-looking woman.

To compare her looks with Karen Hughes is to compare Laurel and Hardy's body weight.
I think it's sort of cheap to judge these people by their appearance anyhow. Besides, Teresa's been married by both a Republican and a Democrat.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
What the hell is in Slim Fast anyway? I'd never touch that stuff.
It's brimming with sugar and fructose. Not the ideal thing to drink or eat when you want to lose weight. Instead of wasting their money on that slime, they should go out and but the South Beach Diet book. I started it to improve my cardiovascular health and ended up losing lots of weight. I didn't need to lose it to begin with, so I looked skeletal. For an indication of how good that diet works, ponder this: the month that I started the diet, my cholesterol was 215. One month after starting it, I was down to 156.

Old 07-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango
I think it's sort of cheap to judge these people by their appearance anyhow. Besides, Teresa's been married by both a Republican and a Democrat.
Yeah, because we all know that no one ever judges people by their appearance.

I don't have to judge Karen Hughes by her looks, one look at what her actions and words are takes care of it. This is the woman who called pro-choice women "terrorists." She's an ass.

As for Teresa, go look up her late husbands voting record. He was a moderate, not a hardcore neocon like the ones today. And she's denounced the Republican party ever since the neocons attacked Max Cleland.

Old 07-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
I think Teresa is an attractive woman. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
And that accent of hers. Ohmigaw. I find it incredibly sexy.

Old 07-15-2004, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, because we all know that no one ever judges people by their appearance.

I don't have to judge Karen Hughes by her looks, one look at what her actions and words are takes care of it. This is the woman who called pro-choice women "terrorists." She's an ass.

As for Teresa, go look up her late husbands voting record. He was a moderate, not a hardcore neocon like the ones today. And she's denounced the Republican party ever since the neocons attacked Max Cleland.
I don't have to look up John Heinz's record. I knew him. He was a very decent man.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango
I don't have to look up John Heinz's record. I knew him. He was a very decent man.
He seemed to be a good man, unlike the Republicans of today.

But I still don't see what your point was about Teresa being married to a Republican and a Democrat.

Old 07-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Holy ****. I love my state! First gay marriage, now this:

http://www.comcast.net/News/DOMESTIC...6226ca3cc.html

BOSTON - Lawmakers on Wednesday took a step toward making Massachusetts the first state to make comprehensive and affordable health care a constitutionally protected right.

The proposed amendment to the state's constitution was approved during a joint session of the House and Senate. If approved a second time during the 2005-2006 legislative session, the question will go before voters in 2006.

The amendment states that "it shall be the obligation and duty of the Legislature and executive officials ... to enact and implement such laws as will ensure that no Massachusetts resident lack comprehensive, affordable and equitably financed health insurance coverage for all medically necessary preventive, acute and chronic health care and mental health care services, prescription drugs and devices."

"We're trying to provide justice in health care so that every single citizen has a health care plan," said Sen. Steven Tolman, D-Boston.

The proposed amendment was initiated when more than 70,000 registered voters signed a petition. As a result, only 51 of the 200 state representatives and senators need support the proposal for it to go before voters.

The vote Wednesday was overwhelming, with lawmakers approving it 153-41.

Supporters argue that the cost of providing universal coverage through a variety of public and private means could be made up by eliminating billions of dollars in unnecessary costs currently built into the state's health care system.

The National Federation for Independent Business said the price tag of providing health care to all citizens would be immense.

Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Wow, that is a great state. But i've heard it's kind of prejudice, or sort of, uh...voluntarily racially segregated and racially tense. Is that trueish or not so true? I don't know, I've just heard things, that is why i wanted to ask someone who lived there.
Amber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-15-2004, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Wow, that is a great state. But i've heard it's kind of prejudice, or sort of, uh...voluntarily racially segregated and racially tense. Is that trueish or not so true? I don't know, I've just heard things, that is why i wanted to ask someone who lived there.
Amber
No, it's not like that all. MA is probably the most liberal state in the union, there's no racism or prejudice; you have to go to Connecticut for that. At least, I've never come across any and I've lived here almost my whole life. My family was originally from New Yawk, but my grandparents moved to MA when they got married and my mother and father were born here. Then the whole family moved to France for a year, but we moved back when I was less than a year old. It used to be that a lot of the developments and low-income housing was inhabited by hispanics and blacks, but it hasn't been like that for years and years. It's a great state, with the exception of Romney and the endless taxing.

Old 07-15-2004, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
No, it's not like that all. MA is probably the most liberal state in the union, there's no racism or prejudice; you have to go to Connecticut for that. At least, I've never come across any and I've lived here almost my whole life. My family was originally from New Yawk, but my grandparents moved to MA when they got married and my mother and father were born here. Then the whole family moved to France for a year, but we moved back when I was less than a year old. It used to be that a lot of the developments and low-income housing was inhabited by hispanics and blacks, but it hasn't been like that for years and years. It's a great state, with the exception of Romney and the endless taxing.
Really? I swear i've just heard sooooo many stories of Boston being "like that" hmmmmnnnn. But then again, my friends from Virginia say that, while everyone is much more polite there(east coast)to each other, that racism is much stronger, but that it is understood, as in, "black people know their place" or something. (not my words). I'm sure Virginia is different, but i've heard tales like this from other people. And they say the chocolate people on the east coast, or anywhere else, are not as culturally in your face, or whatever, like they are here (again, not my words, and i think they were talking about Oakland specifically, and CA in general). Anyway, I'm just curious about these things, and I guess different people can have veeeerrrry different perspectives - and i like to get a lot of them! Thanks, and glad to hear your state is so spiffy! too bad about the weather... as in, you have some...
Amber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-15-2004, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Really? I swear i've just heard sooooo many stories of Boston being "like that" hmmmmnnnn. But then again, my friends from Virginia say that, while everyone is much more polite there(east coast)to each other, that racism is much stronger, but that it is understood, as in, "black people know their place" or something. (not my words). I'm sure Virginia is different, but i've heard tales like this from other people. And they say the chocolate people on the east coast, or anywhere else, are not as culturally in your face, or whatever, like they are here (again, not my words, and i think they were talking about Oakland specifically, and CA in general). Anyway, I'm just curious about these things, and I guess different people can have veeeerrrry different perspectives - and i like to get a lot of them! Thanks, and glad to hear your state is so spiffy! too bad about the weather... as in, you have some...
Amber
Your friends are blowing smoke up your ass, doll.

To say that the African Americans in MA don't express their culture is absurd. There's a black newspaper on my freakin' street and three local radio stations devoted to black culture.

Maybe they're getting confused by the fact that unlike in Virginia, blacks in MA are treated just as equally.

Old 07-15-2004, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation According to a news poll....

shown on KOCO yesterday, 16% of Oklahomans are for Gay Marriage, 34% Are for Civil Unions & against Gay Marriage & 50% are against Civil Marriage & Gay Marriage...Not surprising coming from a so-called Blue but yet "Democratic" dominated state.

So if this issue ends up on the OK November ballot as predicted (The Democratic governor wants this to be a vote of the people instead of letting the Federal government decide.), It will fail.

I never understood why with the amount of registered Demos in OK the last Demo to carry this state was Kennedy in '60. Predictions (As of now) for Nov. will be Kerry will suffer the most lop-sided Democratic loss to a Republican since Al "You name it...I created it" Gore lost in 2000.

As for Whoopi, Never been a fan...Just found her annoying more than humorous, Same goes for Billy "I cant kiss the NY Yankees ass any faster" Crystal (I do like Robin Williams though...Truly genius!)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."