User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2004, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Whoa! I can't believe they were in eyes wide shut! It seems like that movie could've benefited from their innate weirdness.
Who else is in a Dirty Shame? Nevermind, i'll look it up. I usually only like movies with beautiful people, but... Yes, Tracy is veeery talented.
Beautiful people?! I told you to rent Wendigo! Patricia Clarkson and Jake Weber!

This is A Dirty Shame:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0365125/

Once you see Ursula Udders, you'll spew your beverage. It is such a filthy flick, one of Waters' best.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Beautiful people?! I told you to rent Wendigo! Patricia Clarkson and Jake Weber!

This is A Dirty Shame:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0365125/

Once you see Ursula Udders, you'll spew your beverage. It is such a filthy flick, one of Waters' best.
Selma Blair? Chris Isaak?(Cancers, the both of em. heard Selma had a coke problem, any info on that? ) I'm there! I will rent Wendigo, when funds permit (possibly this weekend) you know i don't think they're pretty, though! but i'll rent it. i'm in need of a good sex scene. Ever notice that the first four weeks "after" are the hardest?
ooo, America's Next Top Model is on! let the shallowness commence!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Selma Blair? Chris Isaak?(Cancers, the both of em. heard Selma had a coke problem, any info on that? ) I'm there! I will rent Wendigo, when funds permit (possibly this weekend) you know i don't think they're pretty, though! but i'll rent it. i'm in need of a good sex scene. Ever notice that the first four weeks "after" are the hardest?
ooo, America's Next Top Model is on! let the shallowness commence!
No info, unfortunately. Though I met Chris and loved him.

Besides for the scene in Wendigo, the scene between Julie Christie and Donald Sutherland in Don't Look Now is pretty sexy. It goes for what seems like an hour, though, and he's pretty beastly. But she's GORGEOUS and the movie's great.

I think the first day after is the hardest!

Old 11-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
No info, unfortunately. Though I met Chris and loved him.

Besides for the scene in Wendigo, the scene between Julie Christie and Donald Sutherland in Don't Look Now is pretty sexy. It goes for what seems like an hour, though, and he's pretty beastly. But she's GORGEOUS and the movie's great.

I think the first day after is the hardest!
I've wanted to see that movie, anyway, as i think Donald Sutherland is awesome. (Cancer) He's so much more kinetic then his son, unfortunately. I'm glad Chris was awesome. heard he has a thing for Asian chicks .
Great, now i have 3 movies i'm supposed to watch baby steps. But i also wanna see "Saved" really bad...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've wanted to see that movie, anyway, as i think Donald Sutherland is awesome. (Cancer) He's so much more kinetic then his son, unfortunately. I'm glad Chris was awesome. heard he has a thing for Asian chicks .
Great, now i have 3 movies i'm supposed to watch baby steps. But i also wanna see "Saved" really bad...
The ending to Don't Look Now is horrifying and shocking. I was creeped out for DAYS. Everything falls into place so perfectly, it's eerie. Wish they'd come out with a better DVD, though, the one I have royally sucks. Nicolas Roeg is one of my favorite directors, he was a genius.

Saved! is awesome!!!!!! If you don't die laughing, you aren't human!

Old 11-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The ending to Don't Look Now is horrifying and shocking. I was creeped out for DAYS. Everything falls into place so perfectly, it's eerie. Wish they'd come out with a better DVD, though, the one I have royally sucks. Nicolas Roeg is one of my favorite directors, he was a genius.

Saved! is awesome!!!!!! If you don't die laughing, you aren't human!
oh, no! creepy? Nicholas Roeg, i've heard of, did he do Videodrome? wait. well, if it falls into place, it can't be too creepy...I think i have a crush on Donald Sutherland... Yeah, i might have to rent saved this weekend.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh, no! creepy? Nicholas Roeg, i've heard of, did he do Videodrome? wait. well, if it falls into place, it can't be too creepy...I think i have a crush on Donald Sutherland... Yeah, i might have to rent saved this weekend.
No, that was David Cronenberg. He's a weird one, too. His flick The Brood is scary as hell and disgusting. He's made some really freaky flicks.

Roeg did The Man Who Fell To Earth with Bowie and The Witches with Anjelica Huston.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, that was David Cronenberg. He's a weird one, too. His flick The Brood is scary as hell and disgusting. He's made some really freaky flicks.

Roeg did The Man Who Fell To Earth with Bowie and The Witches with Anjelica Huston.
oooohhh, right. Didn't he do some other weird ****? I seem to recall his name with some other movie i like...anyways.
The fly is freaky, too. person turns into bug. is there anything grosser? that was Cronenberg, right? You have the reissue of Videodrome, yeah?

Old 11-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

oh, did he do that Vampire movie with Annabella Sciora and Lily Taylor?

Old 11-24-2004, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oooohhh, right. Didn't he do some other weird ****? I seem to recall his name with some other movie i like...anyways.
The fly is freaky, too. person turns into bug. is there anything grosser? that was Cronenberg, right? You have the reissue of Videodrome, yeah?
Roeg and Cronenberg are the weirdest of the weird, IMO. The Fly was Cronenberg, as were Naked Lunch, Scanners, Dead Ringers, Crash, and Spider.

I got the Criterion of Videodrome when it came out and it rocks. TONS of extras and it's fun to watch all the old clips and interviews with Debbie. The commentary from her and Woods is great, too.

I just got the limited edition of Dario Argento's "Suspiria" in the mail and I have it on right now. That is one scary flick, did you ever see it? It's freaking me out.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh, did he do that Vampire movie with Annabella Sciora and Lily Taylor?
No, that was Abel Ferrara.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Roeg and Cronenberg are the weirdest of the weird, IMO. The Fly was Cronenberg, as were Naked Lunch, Scanners, Dead Ringers, Crash, and Spider.

I got the Criterion of Videodrome when it came out and it rocks. TONS of extras and it's fun to watch all the old clips and interviews with Debbie. The commentary from her and Woods is great, too.

I just got the limited edition of Dario Argento's "Suspiria" in the mail and I have it on right now. That is one scary flick, did you ever see it? It's freaking me out.
Omigosh, i watched it during holloween and got a huge late fee, cause i was scared to watch it (suspiria) but it turned out to be not that scary, so i was pissed. I loved it though, but mainly for the set design. Did you see those even lined, perfectly colored hallways? I was in heaven. it was the same thing with Ice Storm, another movie i loved, where the colors and shapes lined up perfectly...but i did love that movie...(suspiria)
aw, man, i saw naked lunch in the theatre... when i was 18.
I really want to see those interviews from videodrome. But what else did Roeg do? i feel like there's some movie i like, that he did, that i can't grasp...

Old 11-24-2004, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, that was Abel Ferrara.
Damn! well, clearly i don't pay as much attention to directors as actresses Gosh, i'm sorry to go on and on, i could talk about movies forevah! I love actressing.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Omigosh, i watched it during holloween and got a huge late fee, cause i was scared to watch it (suspiria) but it turned out to be not that scary, so i was pissed. I loved it though, but mainly for the set design. Did you see those even lined, perfectly colored hallways? I was in heaven. it was the same thing with Ice Storm, another movie i loved, where the colors and shapes lined up perfectly...but i did love that movie...(suspiria)
aw, man, i saw naked lunch in the theatre... when i was 18.
I really want to see those interviews from videodrome. But what else did Roeg do? i feel like there's some movie i like, that he did, that i can't grasp...
Oy, Suspiria is chilling. That Goblin soundtrack is nightmare-inducing. I love how the opening credits have a narrator, but then you never hear from him again. The part that really horrifies me is when Susie's roommate is being stalked through the school and she ends up jumping into the room full of razor wire. My skin crawled. And the end, where she's exploring the secret passage? I almost fainted.

Argento made some really freaky flicks back in the day. You should see Phenomena with Jennifer Connelly. That's so weird that I can't even describe it. He made one called Opera that was just ridiculous, but so inventive that you have to admire it.

I had read The Ice storm, so I was kinda disappointed with the movie. But it was pretty good. Love Sigourney and Joan.

Here's a list of Roeg's movies:

http://imdb.com/name/nm0001676/

He hasn't made a decent flick since The Witches, though.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Damn! well, clearly i don't pay as much attention to directors as actresses Gosh, i'm sorry to go on and on, i could talk about movies forevah! I love actressing.
I could, too.

You'd be in heaven at my place, I have a spare room with the walls lined with shelves full of movies. I must have thousands.