User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
so GYOW came with them to FMac, a la Rhiannon and Landslide etc??

That would make it about their relationship problems well before Rumours.
I don't know that it was necessarily written before they joined Fleetwood Mac - but it was performed on the White album tour. Could have been written anytime before then.

Also, the second verse with the infamous 'packin' up, shackin' up' line wasn't present during the early live performances.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I don't know that it was necessarily written before they joined Fleetwood Mac - but it was performed on the White album tour. Could have been written anytime before then.

Also, the second verse with the infamous 'packin' up, shackin' up' line wasn't present during the early live performances.
ah. I recall an interview where Stevie said "Lindsey and I were breaking up when we joined Fleetwood Mac, but we couldn't break up and join Fleetwood Mac at the same time. So we didn't. We stayed together for over another year." Sounds like perhaps GYOW came out of that period.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
ah. I recall an interview where Stevie said "Lindsey and I were breaking up when we joined Fleetwood Mac, but we couldn't break up and join Fleetwood Mac at the same time. So we didn't. We stayed together for over another year." Sounds like perhaps GYOW came out of that period.
and then there's Monday Morning which was written as a BN song originally.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And it sounds like Lindsey worked on the song a long time too. I mean, she talked about him working on it when they were having a big argument. I got this picture in my mind of him sitting on the floor just developing that song for a year as they bickered.

Michele
Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And it sounds like Lindsey worked on the song a long time too. I mean, she talked about him working on it when they were having a big argument. I got this picture in my mind of him sitting on the floor just developing that song for a year as they bickered.

Michele
well, all that work paid off. That song's paid a lot of bills and continues to do so!
Old 01-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres a ET clip that mentions today's release of the set.

I wish they let Stevie finish her sentence at the end.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumors' to re-enter Top 10 over 35 years after release

Published Tuesday, Jan 29 2013,

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news...#ixzz2JQdOysEV

The band's 1977 collection debuted at number 77 on February 27 of that year, meaning the record will re-enter almost 36 years after its initial outing.

However, it wasn't until the following year (January 1978) that Rumors finally hit number one on the UK chart, reports The Official Charts Company.

To date, Fleetwood Mac's Rumors has spent a total of 493 weeks on the Official Albums Chart, making it the most charting collection in British music history.

It is trailed by Queen's Greatest Hits at 484 charting weeks and Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell with 474 weeks.

Fleetwood Mac's Rumors is due to re-enter the UK Top 10 this Sunday (February 3) after a deluxe re-issue was released earlier this week.

Meanwhile, Mick Fleetwood has confirmed that the band will headline some UK shows later this year, and teased the possibility of a new album.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news...#ixzz2JQdiZEkp
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Heres a ET clip that mentions today's release of the set.

I wish they let Stevie finish her sentence at the end.
thanks for sharing this one too!

i was wondering what was the pic of Kristen they flashed - haven't seen that one of them, although it's obviously from that Grammy thing in 2010.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Depressing actually.

You know we have someone here who says that Rumours is the worst thing that ever happened to FM and I wouldn't normally agree, but it is keeping us from getting so many other things that I can't help but be upset with it, right now.

Michele
Old 01-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thanks for sharing this one too!

i was wondering what was the pic of Kristen they flashed - haven't seen that one of them, although it's obviously from that Grammy thing in 2010.
No problem again.I try to do the best to keep up with the interviews.

Thank to you guys for sharing the info on the band we love.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^Depressing actually.

You know we have someone here who says that Rumours is the worst thing that ever happened to FM and I wouldn't normally agree, but it is keeping us from getting so many other things that I can't help but be upset with it, right now.

Michele
Yeah. I just wish the press was more focused on the tour and not so much on the re-release of an album that's already been talked to death about.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah. I just wish the press was more focused on the tour and not so much on the re-release of an album that's already been talked to death about.
Yes, nothing brings that home like that interview where they are still talking about "shackin' up". Heaven help me.

Michele
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, nothing brings that home like that interview where they are still talking about "shackin' up". Heaven help me.

Michele
I don't know how they can stand to still talk about all of that. If I were them I wouldn't be able to control myself from rolling my eyes or looking otherwise disappointed any time the typical Rumours questions popped up.

Now, if they wanted to ask something NEW about Rumours. (if there is anything to ask) that'd be nice. Even if someone just asked what their favorite song on the album was. That's still boring but at least it's not "so you were breaking up. how was that?"
Old 01-29-2013, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even if someone just asked what their favorite song on the album was. That's still boring but at least it's not "so you were breaking up. how was that?"
they are milking it and if judging by all the hand-holding tweets alone, it's working.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdudejim View Post
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you got Stevie's chorus from her version of "The Chain", then you got the ending of Christine's "Keep Me There" along with the guitar part from Lindsey's "Lola".
What's great is that you hear that you get the chorus CHORDS from "The Chain" from "keep me there" -- but the lyric and melody from Stevie's "the chain" laid over "Keep me there." In fact, it almost sounds note-for-note. like they just swiped the Chris vocals (and rhodes) from "Keep Me there"'s chorus and plopped the "you dont love me now..." words over it. It's a fascinating give and take and evolution in song-writing study.