User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm not against a little Lindsey crucifixion. I'll hold one hand and put a nail in the other.
Michele
Michele, I love you to death, but don't start nailing my boy to any crosses.

Your going to desperately need him to help fix your girl Stevie's song(s) cause no body else can do it like he did with "Soldiers Angel"
Old 09-26-2013, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

Speaking in an interview to be published in MOJO...“just returned to do one song” it could have been “a few songs” if it hadn’t been for one particular stumbling block.

“Lindsey [Buckingham] is very funny about that,” “I think his words were ‘She can’t just come and go’. That’s important to him, but it’s not quite so important to me. – he doesn’t want the first night reviews to be all about Christine’s one song, rather than the set we rehearsed for two months.”

Stevie needs to learn to keep her big pie hole shut.

If she said this at all, does she ever have an interview
where she doesn't take a jab at Lindsey? Sure he does
some the same to her (and the others). But she complains
so much, and passes the buck - I'd be sick of working with
her if I were them.

If Lindsey honestly felt that way about Christine performing
with them, I've got to say I understand. If the Great Lindso
were able to make as much $$$ without the others, I'd be
willing to bet he'd say good-bye.

Rant over.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know, but do you think the show could really continue with Mick having one hand broken, even with the back up Steve Rinkov?
If Def Leppard can do it...

Quote:
Rinkov reminds me, in looking at the tour program I was surprised to see John had an assistant. John, what is Mr. Bunker assisting you to do? Everyone has an assistant except Lindsey, now.
There could be a lot of things. I think of all I've done in the past few years as a roadie/assistant, and I could easily imagine on a tour of that magnitude everybody needing somebody to help them out. Mr. Bunker could be the guy who finds restaurants, gets supplies at Guitar Center, gets smokes, submits names for the guest list, contacts local friends and arranges get togethers, etc. I'm shocked that Lindsey doesn't have his own assistant.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 09-26-2013 at 11:51 PM..
Old 09-26-2013, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

There could be a lot of things. I think of all I've done in the past few years as a roadie/assistant, and I could easily imagine on a tour of that magnitude everybody needing somebody to help them out. Mr. Bunker could be the guy who finds restaurants, gets supplies at Guitar Center, gets smokes, submits names for the guest list, contacts local friends and arranges get togethers, etc. I'm shocked that Lindsey doesn't have his own assistant.
Ray Lindsay was often called an "assistant" generally, guitar work included but not exclusive, while Stan's job is listed as "LB guitar technician." Michele
Old 09-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In my opinion, Stevie has the strongest (remaining) singing voice of the three, but she is also (vocally) the laziest. Boring, egotistical and a pain in the arse. Christine and Lindsey are decent human beings with a grip on reality.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ray Lindsay was often called an "assistant" generally, guitar work included but not exclusive, while Stan's job is listed as "LB guitar technician."
Stan might be more than just a guitar tech, though, given all of Lindsey's guitars, probably not. I could see that being a full time job.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-27-2013, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
In my opinion, Stevie has the strongest (remaining) singing voice of the three, but she is also (vocally) the laziest. Boring, egotistical and a pain in the arse. Christine and Lindsey are decent human beings with a grip on reality.
I would give the strongest singing voice to Christine, but knowing your opinion on her, I don't want to argue with you.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-27-2013, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Stan might be more than just a guitar tech, though, given all of Lindsey's guitars, probably not. I could see that being a full time job.
With all the different guitar tunings too.

Also, you know who Stevie reminds me of? Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcuXbe89ibo

Last edited by applebucked; 09-27-2013 at 12:17 AM..
Old 09-27-2013, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Stevie needs to learn to keep her big pie hole shut.

If she said this at all, does she ever have an interview
where she doesn't take a jab at Lindsey? Sure he does
some the same to her (and the others). But she complains
so much, and passes the buck - I'd be sick of working with
her if I were them.

If Lindsey honestly felt that way about Christine performing
with them, I've got to say I understand. If the Great Lindso
were able to make as much $$$ without the others, I'd be
willing to bet he'd say good-bye.

Rant over.
Hi Ice, how's it going...

First, I don't think Stevie meant to stir up a huge sh*t storm. She's been talking about her personal life (as well as the life of everyone she comes in contact with) for so long, it's now become second nature to her. I also don't think she was trying to take jab at Lindsey this time either, she's just so use to not censoring herself that I really don't think she realizes that what she saying is going to make a lot of fans mad at Lindsey.

In the past I would agree with you that if Lindsey (or anyone in the band for that matter) could make a lot of money going solo he might not (I can't definitely say never) come back to Fleetwood Mac, but now I think he's actually enjoying being with the band (or as he's called them his extended family).

I just hope he and Stevie can get past whatever fallout they had while making the SYW CD, so we can finally get a whole new Fleetwood Mac CD soon.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Even Christine, to a certain extent. Relatively intact, but lost some of her top range.

As stated multiple times, I understand Lindsey's point, so I'm not going all out to crucify him or anything like that (if anyone got in the way and I crucified them, I blame it on my impulses and emotions getting in the way).
I'm glad you said this, a few pages back. Christine had lost a little bit of the top of her range back in 1997-8. Recorded footage of "Oh Daddy" from The Dance Tour is a good example and available on YouTube. You can hear most clearly in the refrain: "Everything you do is just alright." I could tell from "Don't Stop" in London that her range has gotten smaller (and she did do a trick or two in there to hide not being able to hit a few notes), but understandably we only have one small verse from one song to look at today, and without several songs to get her voice going and properly warmed up. I know it doesn't get mentioned as much in discussions of why Christine left, but maybe she never wanted to get to the point when she couldn't sing her songs the same and had to fake her way through them. Tina Turner had a really emotional interview with Oprah a few weeks ago and discussed that feeling, how devastating it was when she had to resort to tricks to hit the notes she could once hit effortlessly, how she relied on certain songs to build her stamina for certain hits. It got me thinking a bit, for comparison with Stevie, who also has a legendary voice, which had a peak period much much briefer than Tina's. We've all seen how Stevie has changed "Gypsy" and relies on her background singers to quietly drop out of "Dreams." The natural aging process on the voice is sad. And for some people they mature much earlier than others, certainly the effects of substance abuse and alcohol consumption. I wonder if Christine would be comfortable singing songs like "Songbird" or even "You Make Loving Fun," for the fear that she wouldn't be able to capture what she once could to the songs.

Last edited by bethelblues; 09-27-2013 at 12:30 AM..
Old 09-27-2013, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The bottom part of her range seemed to have expanded since then, though, based on what I've heard on ITM, but that's almost 10 years ago. But knowing Christine's vices (especially since she's probably the most hardened smoker among them), I'm surprised it held up like that. She could've sounded worse.

The good news is that she could probably sing Morning Rain and Spare Me A Little in the original key comfortably now.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Christine had lost a little bit of the top of her range back in 1997-8...I could tell from "Don't Stop" in London that her range has gotten smaller (and she did do a trick or two in there to hide not being able to hit a few notes), but understandably we only have one small verse from one song to look at today, and without several songs to get her voice going and properly warmed up. I know it doesn't get mentioned as much in discussions of why Christine left, but maybe she never wanted to get to the point when she couldn't sing her songs the same and had to fake her way through them.
"So let's stop before it's too late..."

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm interested in hearing what those "tricks" Christine did. Not a singer or a musician so I don't know what those are.

They'll probably have to lower the key for Everywhere, Songbird or YMLF if they'll do the songs so she could sing it, but idk if it would sound right.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

My hunch is that they play DS tonight in c. It will sound better for the video.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
I'm interested in hearing what those "tricks" Christine did. Not a singer or a musician so I don't know what those are.
Going more nasal (i.e. Stevie in 1986), lowering the key, and autotune (i.e. some of the higher notes on "Everywhere" on The Dance).

THE Stephen Hopkins