The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG-I just watched it-how sweet is Stevie? I would die if she gave me an antique Chinese jade opium holder or dream holder or whatever. When I see stuff like this I remember why I love her and why she is so endearing. It makes me forget all the things like her explanation of "Unleashed", etc. Ricoh
Old 04-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
She doesn't have her band with her and FM is on a break. I suppose she could have had someone come in and play acoustic guitar and do Landslide. But then we'd all piss and moan and be like "Oh no! Not Landslide again. " When I watched her shuffle out on that stage with Jimmy holding her hand, I realized how lucky we are to be getting anything from her. I think I'm going to have to go see my girl a few more times.
True plus she was holding her mic pack in one hand and her gift in the other so she couldn't hold on to the railing while walking up the steps.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting the link! Didn't she pretend like she had no voice in another late night show before? Maybe it was Letterman? I think it's funny how she didn't say anything at first - she has done this before. She's playing tricks on us!
Old 04-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got done watching this!!!! GOD I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!

It was so precious, infinity times better than the Today show! She makes me smile so easily, it's great!!
Old 04-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
Thanks for posting the link! Didn't she pretend like she had no voice in another late night show before? Maybe it was Letterman? I think it's funny how she didn't say anything at first - she has done this before. She's playing tricks on us!
I loved how she didn't say anything at first. And interesting how she was totally turned to him. Noah Wyle looked like a peeping Noah.
He's obviously really sweet on her. But boy the skits were laaaame. The Lingerer. Lingered on way too long.
The video questions were great.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGypsy View Post
Stevie your too kind. Go back and watch the show you'll change your tune. Johnny Carson? Not even close!
Waaaaaaay too kind. Ugh, not only was that volcano/bean thing stupid but The Lingerer segment was interminably long. This guy won't last very long. Stevie saved the show with her kooky green dream holder. It was funny when she was answering the questions from the fans. It looked like she thought they could hear her answers and were going to respond. Did anyone else think it was weird how she was sitting to the side with her back towards Noah Wylie? She's a trip.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlssln View Post
Did anyone else think it was weird how she was sitting to the side with her back towards Noah Wylie? She's a trip.
I bet if she sat back her feet wouldn't touch the ground. Plus, she doesn't always seem very comfortable with the whole interview process. I wouldn't be surprised if she has never watched ER and wasn't that familiar with Noah Wyle to begin with.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachwood Mac View Post
I bet if she sat back her feet wouldn't touch the ground. Plus, she doesn't always seem very comfortable with the whole interview process. I wouldn't be surprised if she has never watched ER and wasn't that familiar with Noah Wyle to begin with.
Funny. I forget if they went to any commercials during her segment but I was surprised no one like a director or producer of the show wouldn't ask her to turn more towards the audience.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thank you for posting this link. Such a sweet interview. Stevie just gets better with time!!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHeart69 View Post
Stevie is a Craig Ferguson fan too! At one point during one of the Borgata shows she said "I Knoooow!" and then looked over at a couple band members as they giggled and she said, "Sorry, too much Craig Ferguson!"
omg, really? +1 for Stevie. I love Craig, too. I could just imagine her doing the "I III KNOOOWWW" a la Craig. He should have her on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
She doesn't have her band with her and FM is on a break. I suppose she could have had someone come in and play acoustic guitar and do Landslide. But then we'd all piss and moan and be like "Oh no! Not Landslide again. " When I watched her shuffle out on that stage with Jimmy holding her hand, I realized how lucky we are to be getting anything from her. I think I'm going to have to go see my girl a few more times.
I had a bet going with someone that she would do Landslide or Dreams.

I loved how she didn't crack a smile until he told her how beautiful she was. ("I was beautiful!"... uh, Stevie? Is your name Lindsey Buckingham? )
Old 04-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHeart69 View Post
Stevie is a Craig Ferguson fan too! At one point during one of the Borgata shows she said "I Knoooow!" and then looked over at a couple band members as they giggled and she said, "Sorry, too much Craig Ferguson!"
Wow!!! Stevie just became instantly cooler in my eyes!

Reminds me of during a break in the filming of Lindsey's Soundstage, when Lindsey said "wha' happened?" in the same tone and cadence as Fred Willard's character in "A Mighty Wind"- I (and a few others) busted out laughing.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Wow!!! Stevie just became instantly cooler in my eyes!

Reminds me of during a break in the filming of Lindsey's Soundstage, when Lindsey said "wha' happened?" in the same tone and cadence as Fred Willard's character in "A Mighty Wind"- I (and a few others) busted out laughing.
LOL. I don't know why, but I'm not surprised that Lindsey would pick that line to quote.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgeOldDesire View Post
The show can be watched from this link:

http://www.nbc.com/late-night-with-j...63#vid=1079563

Stevie is on at around the 25:00 mark.

Thank you

Intense silence
As she walked in the room
Her black robes trailing
Sister of the moon
And a black widow spider makes
More sound than she
And black moons in those eyes of hers
Made more sense to me
Heavy persuasion
It was hard to breathe
She was dark at the top of the stairs
And she called to me...
[/SIZE]]
Old 04-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never watched the Jimmy Fallon show before. I didn't expect it to be as bad as it was! All of the show, leading up to Stevie, was two inept & tediously long, unfunny skits. I felt sorry for the audience; there was a lot of uncomfortable silence, and the girl sitting in the aisle who got a lot of camera time during the first sketch looked like she wanted to be anywhere else but there.

I love Stevie in all her weirdness, but she can be really odd (nerves?) when she appears on TV shows. I thought it was so very bizzare and slightly disrespectful when she sat down with her back turned, totally shutting out the other guest!! Who else does that?? Perhaps she needed her alone time with Jimmy, but it was really strange.

Also, the gift she him (and the way she did it) did nothing to dispell critics who don't take her seriously. I wish she would have been a little more approachable. For instance, I just listened to a brief radio interview with her (the one recently posted on this site), and she was so direct, accessible, fluid, and engaging. I wish she could let her guard down and just talk and act like she would among friends when she accepts these opportunities.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 04-02-2009 at 06:50 PM..
Old 04-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for posting that link. I've never seen Stevie so talkative on a nationwide broadcast. She usually seems really nervous.

What's up with Jimmy Fallon? I don't see his show lasting much longer. He just ain't got what it takes.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...