User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
How on earth did you deduce a FM album from her quote about touring with FM in 18 months? If anything, it seems to once again suggest quite the opposite.
It just makes sense, Louie. Why on earth would they put out an album now, or in December, or last year when they were on the road? Chris had just come back - her and Lindsey worked on songs because of the excitement of doing so. They all talked about a new record, but they have no contract. They went on tour for nearly three years straight to build chemistry and get to know each other all over again, to show the industry that there is interest and demand for a whole Fleetwood Mac and, likely, to develop more new material. The tour is over - Christine just said in her new interview that her and Lindsey are working on their material in October (to further develop what they did before the tour), and it's been said several times that they are touring again in 2017. It all seems so obvious that they are, personally, enjoying the nostalgia and building hype for a farewell album. An album that shouldn't be rushed. An album that should be carefully planned and meticulously combed over as Lindsey likes to do.

Yeah - we'd all like them to put out an album every six months.

But I know - it's just easier for people here to be bitter and bitchy about Stevie and blame the destruction of our wildest dreams and hopes ( ) on her selfishness, and invent conspiracies about how she's jealous of Christine, and to dwell on every little word she utters and try to interpret it as some fantastically wicked dig at Mick, Lindsey or Chris and believe that she secretly hates all the fans, the band, and their legacy.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-21-2016, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
It just makes sense, Louie. Why on earth would they put out an album now, or in December, or last year when they were on the road? Chris had just come back - her and Lindsey worked on songs because of the excitement of doing so. They all talked about a new record, but they have no contract. They went on tour for nearly three years straight to build chemistry and get to know each other all over again, to show the industry that there is interest and demand for a whole Fleetwood Mac and, likely, to develop more new material. The tour is over - Christine just said in her new interview that her and Lindsey are working on their material in October (to further develop what they did before the tour), and it's been said several times that they are touring again in 2017. It all seems so obvious that they are, personally, enjoying the nostalgia and building hype for a farewell album. An album that shouldn't be rushed. An album that should be carefully planned and meticulously combed over as Lindsey likes to do.
Really? Tell that to Stevie who very recently complained about FM's penchant for putting 5000 overdubs. She hates it. She thinks her songs are perfect the way they are. She doesn't get that what Lindsey does is magic (except say you will) and that noodling is was made the FM sound interesting.

Last edited by Ledge Moderators; 09-21-2016 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: Fixed quote box
Old 09-21-2016, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
It just makes sense, Louie. Why on earth would they put out an album now, or in December, or last year when they were on the road?
I get all of that, and am in agreement with you on all of it. What I was asking is how you ascertained that a Mac album was forthcoming prior to the next tour from Stevie's comments- she made no allusion to that at all.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm just wondering how Stevie thinks this will work. She is not going to record an album with FM, leaving Lindeys and Christines songs in the dust, songs they did record, spend time and energy on, put their hearts into. But she will do a tour with them - expecting harmony, friendship, admiration, worshipping, because she is the main draw to see FM. Add Lindseys temper and Christines ability to have the whole commonwealth come down on you in a one-liner.

BOOM!

And then she will endlessly complain.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 09-22-2016 at 12:41 AM..
Old 09-22-2016, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What Stevie should do IMO is toss them 3 songs to do with what they will, and if she hates the
results she can re-do them for one of her solo albums. Problem solved. Have them send her the completed tracks they've done for her overdubs which she can do at will, trying different takes and again they could use what they want, and she would never have to be in the studio with them at all much less an entire year.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I'm just wondering how Stevie thinks this will work. She is not going to record an album with FM, leaving Lindeys and Christines songs in the dust, songs they did record, spend time and energy on, put their hearts into. But she will do a tour with them - expecting harmony, friendship, admiration, worshipping, because she is the main draw to see FM. Add Lindseys temper and Christines ability to have the whole commonwealth come down on you in a one-liner.

BOOM!

And then she will endlessly complain.
Good point. I think she was in a worse mood around the last tour because of how long it turned out to be and prevented her from promoting 24 Karat Gold when she wanted. But I can't imagine what kind of atmosphere it'll be like if they go into that 2017 tour with the album never being able to happen since she wouldn't contribute to it. Every single one of them would have a right to be upset with her. That's a recipe for some major tension, especially in a band where tension is like a 6th member.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was just digging around through some old threads btw, I'm new here
Old 11-06-2016, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
if they go into that 2017 tour with the album never being able to happen since she wouldn't contribute to it. Every single one of them would have a right to be upset with her. That's a recipe for some major tension, especially in a band where tension is like a 6th member.
but you know what - it was exactly the same at 2014-15 tour. they recorded a lot of that new FM album and kept trying to talk her into it, and she kept digging in and refusing to even discuss it. so i don't think it would be much different.

reversely, she only benefited from that reunion FM 2014-15 tour and resurgence and she's highly astutely riding that huge FM popularity wave solo now, which she'd never get to do if she toured right after she released her last album.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
but you know what - it was exactly the same at 2014-15 tour. they recorded a lot of that new FM album and kept trying to talk her into it, and she kept digging in and refusing to even discuss it. so i don't think it would be much different.

reversely, she only benefited from that reunion FM 2014-15 tour and resurgence and she's highly astutely riding that huge FM popularity wave solo now, which she'd never get to do if she toured right after she released her last album.
You have a point there. And I feel like that's why she seemed so extra annoyed last tour. I think Lindsey was starting to get impatient with her and it made the situation more irritable. If you look back through old interviews and things from the past 3/4 years, he's been trying to get her back in the studio forever. I think the reason he did the EP at his house and made it all warm and cozy for her was to try and give her some of that Dave Stewart environment she loved so much and he even brought in an outside producer-- and it worked, she was very happy with that then but there's a difference between a few days on a tiny EP where she contributed one ancient song and a full blown album. But you can tell he's been trying to lure her in, it just hasn't been working.

And to be frank, as much as I love her, (and I'll say this is just my opinion) I think Stevie's entire solo success rests on her riding the waves of Fleetwood Mac. Her image and lyrics and everything obviously help her but I truly believe had she burst onto the scene as a solo artist just like that, she wouldn't have succeeded. People would have found her silly. But within Fleetwood Mac, it worked and gave her that gateway to solo popularity. By the late 80s, from everything I've read 'Stevie Nicks' was no longer cool, but Fleetwood Mac still was. And then when her solo career started to really flop, it was The Dance that saved her.

And speaking for my demographic (young 20s), Fleetwood Mac is huge these days. They're probably the most popular of those older bands amongst people my age, arguably the most popular. And I think that growing popularity amongst my demographic has contributed a lot to their growing success and popularity in recent years. But, although Fleetwood Mac is popular amongst young people, 'Stevie Nicks' isn't so much.

Wow this ended up as an essay and I think I got really sidetracked here haha.
Old 11-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So what are those of us that have been with them for 30 years? Chopped liver?
Old 11-06-2016, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^
Of course not, I just meant in recent years, they've gotten more popular and I think a lot of that has to do with how their fanbase has really expanded with younger people. They've gotten really popular amongst that demographic-- people like Harry Styles from One Direction talks about them a lot, the episode of Glee etc. Granted a lot of those are probably casual fans, but they do still buy tickets.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But, although Fleetwood Mac is popular amongst young people, 'Stevie Nicks' isn't so much.
Wow, you wouldn't believe how many teenage girls idolize Stevie.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Wow, you wouldn't believe how many teenage girls idolize Stevie.

Oh no, I know that, I think it came out wrong. I mean SOLO Stevie. Like girls do love Stevie, trust me I know, but they're way more likely to be listening to Dreams than they are Edge of Seventeen or Stand Back if that makes sense. At least the more casual fans, have all heard of Rumours and they also know Landslide and Rhiannon etc but won't be as likely to have Bella Donna on their iPhones, if that makes sense.

**I think though that a lot of that has to do with like, soft rock being really popular these days, 80s pop not as much.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 11-06-2016 at 11:25 PM..
Old 11-07-2016, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^^
Of course not, I just meant in recent years, they've gotten more popular and I think a lot of that has to do with how their fanbase has really expanded with younger people. They've gotten really popular amongst that demographic-- people like Harry Styles from One Direction talks about them a lot, the episode of Glee etc. Granted a lot of those are probably casual fans, but they do still buy tickets.
I know it's hard to believe, but once upon a time, in a land far away....they were the biggest band in the world.

They are still amazingly popular for senior citizens, but they'd have a hard time selling a million records now(with Stevie or not).
Old 11-07-2016, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I know it's hard to believe, but once upon a time, in a land far away....they were the biggest band in the world.

They are still amazingly popular for senior citizens, but they'd have a hard time selling a million records now(with Stevie or not).
Oh trust me I know all this and I have no doubt you're right. But maybe I'm wrong I don't know, I feel like in the past couple of years, like the late 2000s to now, Fleetwood Mac has gotten more popular than they were around say, 2005. That's how I became a fan myself, I was only mildly familiar with them before, along the same lines as I was familiar with The Eagles, but then around a year or so ago I noticed a lot of my friends were listening to them and some were going to the concerts and everything. I was at a 4th of July party that was all college students and they had a playlist going and it was mostly young acts, but then they had Dreams in there as well as Go Your Own Way. I just think somehow, maybe from the Glee episode a couple years back, maybe because a lot of girls admire Stevie's style, their audience size at concerts has grown a bit because of how they've gotten more popular amongst younger audiences.
Like I can tell you that Fleetwood Mac is a lot more popular amongst people my age than The Eagles or Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers or Linda Ronstadt or similar acts from the time. Like, they sell Fleetwood Mac vinyls at Urban Outfitters, every young teenager/college student's favorite store. They don't have any copies of Hotel California or Desperado but I was at the store the other day and they had Rumours and even Tusk and a Peter Green album. As well as that new book of photos.
I don't even know if what I'm saying is making any sense haha.

I do agree with you that they would have a hard time selling an album. I believe a lot of those fans are more casual listeners who mostly only know Rumours and maybe The White Album and only go to the concerts to hear those songs that they like.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 11-07-2016 at 01:08 AM..