User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
I don't know what compelled me, but I actually just watched Red Rocks for the first time in years not long ago. It was worse than I remembered.
Rumours / Lindsey era FM played Red Rocks and there's a video?

there is so much i don't know.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-10-2021, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Believe me, Lindsey would have helped that video.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-10-2021 at 10:08 PM..
Old 03-10-2021, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Believe me, Lindsey would have helped that video.
Mick was in the video!

I can't believe she didn't film another show at Red Rocks. She played there a bunch of times after that show. IYD Tour would've been best since she was proud of those songs. But no, give us that Soundstage with a lame set.
Old 03-11-2021, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
yeah i thought it was odd too as I know that New Zealand has roughly the population of Kentucky so unless they just wanted to perform live for the sake of it Anyway the source of the information is a guitar luthier in L.A. who is also apparently the son of the late and great Elizabeth Montgomery so who knows
Ooooh. Pretty great trivia. I remember the Asher name from the credits because Montgomery and the Bewitched producer were married. She was indeed great, with those deft, wry comedic skills.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

It’s a Stevie solo show from 1986 where her closeups almost comically look nothing like the wide shots. It’s pretty bad.

And features Peter Frampton, although not on guitar or vocals.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-11-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It’s a Stevie solo show from 1986 where her closeups almost comically look nothing like the wide shots. It’s pretty bad.

And features Peter Frampton, although not on guitar or vocals.
That made me crack up at work!
Old 03-11-2021, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Between Red Rocks and the Tango video...my lord, the 80's really left us some gems.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't Stevie film at Red Rocks when she played there in 2010 or 2011? I seem to remember chatter about cameras being present and filming waivers being signed.
Old 03-12-2021, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick is sooo pathetic and incredibly fake. Just ten minutes ago he was saying Lindsey would never be welcome back in the band and now he is open to it. I agree with what most of you have already said. This is the Playboy interview all over again. Mick is putting public pressure on Stevie to drop her solo career and put FM first. It started with Christine's recent interview. She's probably in on it with Mick LOL. I'm almost positive it won't do them any good because I'd bet Stevie is going to tour solo for 2 years before she goes back to the Mac. And I do believe she will go back. She always does. She has said many times she will always go back every 3 years. She had about 4 to 6 shows scheduled for 2020 which were cancelled. I doubt she will risk her own health touring until this pandemic is at least 90% contained. I doubt we will ever see her Rhiannon mini series even though one would think she has plenty of time to get it done. I think if Lindsey believes he is rejoining FM he won't release his solo record. It is absolutely pathetic he hasn't released it already.None of this drama is anything new for this band or for us. This soap opera keeps rolling along all thru these years and we wait and watch right along with it.
Old 03-12-2021, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Mick is sooo pathetic and incredibly fake. Just ten minutes ago he was saying Lindsey would never be welcome back in the band and now he is open to it. I agree with what most of you have already said. This is the Playboy interview all over again. Mick is putting public pressure on Stevie to drop her solo career and put FM first. It started with Christine's recent interview. She's probably in on it with Mick LOL. I'm almost positive it won't do them any good because I'd bet Stevie is going to tour solo for 2 years before she goes back to the Mac. And I do believe she will go back. She always does. She has said many times she will always go back every 3 years. She had about 4 to 6 shows scheduled for 2020 which were cancelled. I doubt she will risk her own health touring until this pandemic is at least 90% contained. I doubt we will ever see her Rhiannon mini series even though one would think she has plenty of time to get it done. I think if Lindsey believes he is rejoining FM he won't release his solo record. It is absolutely pathetic he hasn't released it already.None of this drama is anything new for this band or for us. This soap opera keeps rolling along all thru these years and we wait and watch right along with it.
How long do you think these SENIOR CITIZENS are going to live?
Old 03-12-2021, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Between Red Rocks and the Tango video...my lord, the 80's really left us some gems.
True but not all bands did this. Red Rocks is a horror show and cant believe it was released commercially. Tango is just so fake and plastic and those close ups just as annoying as Red Rocks.
So fake
Old 03-12-2021, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
True but not all bands did this. Red Rocks is a horror show and cant believe it was released commercially. Tango is just so fake and plastic and those close ups just as annoying as Red Rocks.
So fake
I'd never seen it, but found it on VHS for 25 cents, maybe 5 years ago.

I watched it once and demanded a refund!
Old 03-12-2021, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

Yeah...her RRHOF induction victory lap tour never happened because of covid. I fully expect her to give Mick the finger and pursue songs from the vault tour leg # too many.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Yeah...her RRHOF induction victory lap tour never happened because of covid. I fully expect her to give Mick the finger and pursue songs from the vault tour leg # too many.
The band may be in a bit of a bind because they can’t do a reunion (with all its attendant glitz) without Stevie there. They can’t move forward with such a huge plan without Stevie. So what do they do if no one can convince her to return? I think they just sort of fizzle out into perhaps interesting side projects — I think that’s really what Christine meant to say when she talked about the end a few months ago. She was really saying that the 1977 incarnation was kaput. I think she may have been right, too. They’re all selling their publishing rights and so on. Arenas in most US cities won’t be open for business the rest of the year. Yeah, I know some people are saying it’ll be sooner, but we’re going to get hit by mutations and variants, and despite the president’s recent speech, inoculation rollout is still damned slow and chaotic. If you can’t get your first dose until May or June or July, your second dose might not be until August or September. You aren’t going to a sports arena in October. When would Fleetwood Mac do this high-class reunion? 2022? 75- to 80-year-olds? Is that something that even the most expensive marketing can sell to masses of people?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-12-2021, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
When would Fleetwood Mac do this high-class reunion? 2022? 75- to 80-year-olds? Is that something that even the most expensive marketing can sell to masses of people?
I think yes, but they're not good enough at selling themselves. I can almost guarantee that The Stones will do a tour likely in 2022 to 1) make up for the 2020 tour that was aborted and 2) make extra money because they can sell it as a 60th anniversary. Charlie will be 80 and Ronnie as the youngest will be 75. But their business model is totally different - a "tour" that will at most be 20 shows, spaced out at only two per week, and only in stadiums.

I don't know that Fleetwood Mac can successfully do that kind of marketing and I really don't think they can continue to do the type of huge touring that they have done for the last 25 years. Physically I doubt they can handle playing every other night anymore and doing 100 shows.