The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

to me this is simply horrible. i have never got the chance to see FM, due to ticket prices, and that they have yet to come near me. and now with this, all hope is lost. but there is still that glimmer in the distance of a new album.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
4 hours? Aaaaaaargh!!
Hahaha oh god can I hear it already..complete with inaccurate dates..

"we just completed twenty dates with the eagles, twenty dates!. Not only was it amazing but it was absolutely exhausting. What people don't realize you know is that you know it was like a 4 hour show. Our set might only be 90 minutes, but we're backstage getting ready all afternoon before the show, I had to have custom boots made because I seriously thought I was going to die. Lindsey, you know lindsey doesn't have to worry about anything, he has his cool leather jacket and pants and he's ready to go, but i've got the dress, the boots....I mean Karen and I looked at each other every night like "how are we ever going to pull this off!?" Plus you know, these are large, absolutely daunting stadiums that we haven't played since I think 1978 or something, there are 50+ thousand people out there expecting a great show, so if we don't put 120% of ourselves into each show and really make it exciting, we're just going to look like...I don't know...like ants on a log!"
Old 12-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
We're hearing it's going to be about a 4 hour show total.

It's looking like late summer at a handful of stadiums on both coasts.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com
Sweet, are they skipping Chicago and the midwest in general? My wallet is very happy to hear this!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

All we've heard so far is: Dodger Stadium, Pac Bell in San Francisco, the New Meadowlands, and the stadium in Philadelpia. That doesn't mean they won't do the midwest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Sweet, are they skipping Chicago and the midwest in general? My wallet is very happy to hear this!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Next summer will be a dream come true for soft rock fans, as the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac will hit the road together. Premiere Radio has confirmed that plans are under way for the two groups to do one-off shows in football and baseball stadiums, and multiple nights in arenas. If this happens, it will be the first time since July 1976 in Foxboro, Massachusetts that the two bands shared a stage. Stevie Nicks and Don Henley played a few shows together in 2005, the same year a tour between the two groups was first proposed. If this tour comes together, Stevie Nicks will be sharing the stage with four ex-boyfriends: Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Don Henley and Joe Walsh.

http://www.tommieandthebartender.com...ock-roundup-2/
football and baseball stadiums?? are they kidding?? they're going to charge so much for tix that they'll be lucky if they fill 1/2 of those places...and forget about a meet and greet package,(which I have purchased) they will be out of sight!
Old 12-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
All we've heard so far is: Dodger Stadium, Pac Bell in San Francisco, the New Meadowlands, and the stadium in Philadelpia. That doesn't mean they won't do the midwest.
Crap.

Thank you for the info, we've still heard nothing from the FM camp. Shocker.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
"we just completed twenty dates with the eagles, twenty dates!. Not only was it amazing but it was absolutely exhausting. What people don't realize you know is that you know it was like a 4 hour show. Our set might only be 90 minutes, but we're backstage getting ready all afternoon before the show, I had to have custom boots made because I seriously thought I was going to die. Lindsey, you know lindsey doesn't have to worry about anything, he has his cool leather jacket and pants and he's ready to go, but i've got the dress, the boots....I mean Karen and I looked at each other every night like "how are we ever going to pull this off!?" Plus you know, these are large, absolutely daunting stadiums that we haven't played since I think 1978 or something, there are 50+ thousand people out there expecting a great show, so if we don't put 120% of ourselves into each show and really make it exciting, we're just going to look like...I don't know...like ants on a log!"

Oh you could totally impersonate her! Michele
Old 12-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Crap.

Thank you for the info, we've still heard nothing from the FM camp. Shocker.
and we won't hear anything from them until tix are actually on sale...
Old 12-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Hahaha oh god can I hear it already..complete with inaccurate dates..

Hey, thanks so much You just made my day over here in Tulsa. Makes me less depressed about this debacle.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
Hey, thanks so much You just made my day over here in Tulsa. Makes me less depressed about this debacle.
Hahah well i'm glad it at least lightened the moment. You know darn well thats how its going to all go down. Who gets the black eye first, Lindsey? or Don!?

Will Stevie and Joe get that 'ol feeling again?

Hahaha oh.my.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wow.. all of them..there at one time.. I can not even imagine...!!!! I hope they come close to me
Old 12-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I cannot see the boomers hanging around a stadium at a concert for 4 hours!... I mean, I'm no boomer, but I do know that 2 or 2.5 hours at a concert is a lot to take when you are older.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
Linds and Don can do background vocals and hand gestures during Sara
That's a good one!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
I think Don should sing Rhiannon and Lindsey and Stevie can go around flapping bat wings everywhere

i do like the idea of each band at one end each of the football stadium
tho i can see some rivalry happening
hotel california starts...stevie starts singing away
lindsey...behind her is shooting daggers
he thinks #$&) this and turns his guitar up super loud
and starts GYOW
LMAO here...I can totally see it!

Old 12-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac & The Eagles Eying Joint Summer Stadium Tour
By: Howie Edelson

Promoters are pitching a joint Fleetwood Mac/Eagles Sumner tour of stadium and arenas to venue operators and promoters across the U.S., according to livedaily.com. The site reports that "the double bill is being considered for a combination of single nights in baseball and football stadiums and multiple nights in arenas." No dates have been announced, but industry insiders are suggesting that the show will undoubtedly pack stadiums of up to 70,000 at every venue the tour plays. So far there's been no word as to when an announcement will be made.

Throughout their '70s heyday, the groups'kept up a friendly rivalry while vying for the top spot as California's hottest rock band. Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles have only played on the same bill twice -- on July 25th, 1976, in Foxboro, Massachusetts at Schaefer Stadium; and on January 12th, 1998 when both bands performed at New York;'s Waldorf Astoria for their respective inductions into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Don Henley and Stevie Nicks were romantically linked back in the late '70s, and scored a 1981 Top Ten hit with their duet "Leather And Lace." The pair went on to tour with each other in 2005. Henley shed some light on his deep friendship with Nicks: "We go back a long way. We don't see very much of each other these days. I mean, she's got her life and I've got mine, and there's certainly nothing going on here on a romantic level. But we're friends. We feel like we've been through a lot of the same things in our careers."

Nicks was asked how, after so many years as a working unit, Fleetwood Mac is able to still deliver at the top of their game with each new road trek: "It stays fresh because we never stop playing. Y'know, basically what we are is entertainers. Even if this band had never made it big, we'd be playing all the clubs, we'd be playing all the clubs in Europe, we'd be still doing that because what we really are is entertainers. So when we go onstage -- we're performers. We're performance artists, that's what we do. So it isn't a question of keeping it fresh because it's what we love. We don't basically have anything else to do."

Fleetwood Mac performs tonight (December 16th) in Boondall, Australia.

The Eagles will play their first-ever shows at L.A.'s Hollywood Bowl on March 16th, 17th, and 20th.

http://www.kbsradio.ca/news/music/87/1039216