Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Go Your Own Way," a moment that should have been a high point but instead the left the audience at Bass Performance Hall fairly listless.

Interesting. That's just what I heard from everyone who attended: that GYOW was fairly listless. Not.

Michele
Old 03-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lindsey could have gone onstage and shot someone in the face, he could have set his guitar and the entire Bass Hall on fire...that audience wouldn't have budged. They were THAT dead. I'm NOT kidding. It wasn't on the DVD, but before GYOW, Lindsey was looking up into the balcony and saying "Get up!" and I remember turning around the throwing my hands up and going "GET UP!" too.

It was sad really. I HATE seeing concerts in North Texas...they suck. Lindsey was amazing that night...the audience was horrid. When you have a big vortex of suck, it's hard to get in the mood.

If he'd recorded the DVD in another city where the audience was amazing....it would have been 100 times better. The crowd makes a difference.

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 03-27-2008 at 10:32 AM..
Old 03-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, the sedated audience made us stick out more too, Christy. LOL

Holy crap though, how cool is it that when the DVD menue comes up, your ISA scream is the first thing??!! Freaking awesome!!

GYOW rocked at Bass...I recall such amazing energy with it where we were.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, it does David. It has ALL of the footage from the 1978 Mac tour, but Netflix had some software problems this week and it delayed movie delivery. So, I think you should just buy the DVD.

Michele
Well I just put it in my Netflix queue so I'm going to see it soon. It had better be good.
I think his voice sucks these days.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
Lindsey could have gone onstage and shot someone in the face, he could have set his guitar and the entire Bass Hall on fire...that audience wouldn't have budged. They were THAT dead. I'm NOT kidding. It wasn't on the DVD, but before GYOW, Lindsey was looking up into the balcony and saying "Get up!" and I remember turning around the throwing my hands up and going "GET UP!" too.

It was sad really. I HATE seeing concerts in North Texas...they suck. Lindsey was amazing that night...the audience was horrid. When you have a big vortex of suck, it's hard to get in the mood.

If he'd recorded the DVD in another city where the audience was amazing....it would have been 100 times better. The crowd makes a difference.
Christy- The audience wasn't into it? WTF???? Most of the shows that I had gone too, the audiences were REALLY into it! It surprises me that the Texas show was picked for the filming, kind of takes away the thrill, at least for those of you who went to that show.

Overall, I just LOVED the dvd, it's Lindsey, what's NOT to love! lol

My favorite was the documentary, that was just so up close and personal, I could watch that over and over again.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 03-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINDSEY#1FAN View Post
Christy- The audience wasn't into it? WTF???? Most of the shows that I had gone too, the audiences were REALLY into it! It surprises me that the Texas show was picked for the filming, kind of takes away the thrill, at least for those of you who went to that show.

Overall, I just LOVED the dvd, it's Lindsey, what's NOT to love! lol

My favorite was the documentary, that was just so up close and personal, I could watch that over and over again.
The audience was into it, but they weren't standing up, freaking out into it which is what you expect at a rock show. I will say that Bass Hall is one of those places that doesn't seem conducive to the "rock show" etiquette. Don't get me wrong, I love Bass Hall and it was a brilliant choice sound wise but that's the first rock show I have ever been to there. I mostly see theatre, symphony and ballet. People go to Bass wearing dresses and suits. There were actually people super dressed up for Lindsey's show. It's almost like people didn't know what to do. Also, I think with everyone knowing that they were filming the show, they didn't want to get up.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah that audience was absolutely terrible. They should have filmed the show somewhere in the Northeast, thats where all the diehards are anyway.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Well I just put it in my Netflix queue so I'm going to see it soon. It had better be good.
I think his voice sucks these days.
Then skip Go Your Own Way. That just underlines your opinion, that I don't agree with by the way. On the other hand: this show doesn't have the same energylevel as some of the third leg shows AFTER this one. There's camera's here and he tries so get into "control"-mode. Not the state that fits him these days. I've heard better versions of these songs because he just let's himself go into those versions. Then he doesn't sing and play technically perfect, but alot more convincing.

Last edited by shackin'up; 03-27-2008 at 02:44 PM..
Old 03-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

they should have recorded it in asheville.. bwahahaha. well, that might be bit too much. the knoxville show sounded great!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
they should have recorded it in asheville.. bwahahaha. well, that might be bit too much. the knoxville show sounded great!
And Philadelphia

Old 03-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

but aren't there full boots of philly? we need as many shows preserved onto tape as possible... i haven't seen full bootlegs of asheville or knoxville. :\
Old 03-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Ledgie

There's an Asheville boot over at throwndown.net....I have it but I'm not sure if anyone is seeding right now. It's pretty good! I was glad to have two shows booted that I actually went to....if only Knoxville had been taped. Ah well.

*I chose to dance across the stages of the world*
Old 03-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Yeah that audience was absolutely terrible. They should have filmed the show somewhere in the Northeast, thats where all the diehards are anyway.
They should have filmed the thing in Chicago!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hell! I'm glad they filmed it here! I love watching him play while I'm in the shot...

Old 03-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post

He should've taped Asheville then. No questionthe crowd was into it that night! I'll say it again, Ive never had a concert experience like that night. EVERYONE both in the crowd and on stage just made this connection. I'll never forget that show.

Last edited by DavidMn; 03-27-2008 at 04:49 PM..