User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
And Diss, the land of Murdoch? Please no! How many times must we apologise?
You can never apologize enough. Just like we can't apologize enough for Bush and all the other ****ty leaders we've forced the rest of the world to endure.

Old 02-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I still maintain it's all about how you were raised and where you were raised as well as what your situation in life is. Like i've always said, people don't vote with other people in mind....they vote for themselves. Tell me...those that went on in their adult lives to become democrats....were your parents primarily democratic in their views as well? Just curious.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:54 AM
DeadliestPoison
This message has been deleted by DeadliestPoison.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default DISS! you are such a HOOT!

I laffed out loud! scatalogical smell! steaming sh*thouse stinkiness! disgusting dung! (whats brown and sounds like a bell? DUNG!) oh Ill quit, but that was so funny!
Old 02-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
I am pleased to see that with the possible exception of John Malkovich, nobody I give a crap about or have any respect for is on this list.
Im with ya, but I was surprised to see Van Morrison on that list, how can someone who writes such sensitive songs be there? must be his Jehovah's Witness upbringing (he was a true outsider in Ireland, not Catholic, not Protestant! What WERE his parents thinking?)
Old 02-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Earth should be respected, not plundered for profit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
I know that the earth is not my real home, I'm just passing through.

btw...God DID give us the earth.
OMG! he's MORK from ORK! nanuu nanuu

also, Ill have you know that God expects us to be STEWARDS of his creation, not exploiters or destroyers of it. The actions of a few shortsighted individuals (think Bush/Cheney straightfacedly stating there is no global warming problem, then think of the polar ice caps actually breaking apart (TRUE) and the increase in tropical storms and the rampant extinction of species and the systematic death of our oceans and the destruction of the majority of this planet's trees or the hole in the ozone layer (all TRUE) and you get the idea) are ruining this planet for everyone. EVERYONE. we will ALL die because of their greed and lack of foresight.

Last edited by irishgrl; 02-12-2005 at 01:38 PM..
Old 02-12-2005, 01:09 PM
heyjupiter678
This message has been deleted by heyjupiter678.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Jason, did you misspeak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
a very real argument exists that says the D's are hardly a friend to animal rights as well - I mean was that Clinton that set a ban on animal testing for cosmetics as his high priority

Plus, hunting is no more abuse than buying it at the store - I base this on having been to a slaughterhouse and also the horrid conditions some animal farmers keep their stock in. But, I know you aint gonna agree with that
how is a ban on animal testing for cosmetics not being a friend to animals?

and: comparing hunting to the business of raising stock animals for feed is a bit lopsided, sort of like comparing buying a christmas tree off the lot to going out into the mountains and cutting one down......on the one hand, you have a business that raises feed animals, on the other you have people who cant stay away from guns going out into the wilderness (or sometimes to artificial hunts where the animals are penned and shot as they stand there in a herd)
and killing the animals where they live...its disgusting to me. A gun only has ONE purpose, to KILL. I HATE GUNS. The minute it has a bullet in it, it is death on demand.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
I thought it would be interesting to do a search to see what celebrities are republican...here is some that I found (some was a shock)...
Well, I'm sure God loves them anyway.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfanken
Well, I'm sure God loves them anyway.

Old 02-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default short answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
I still maintain it's all about how you were raised and where you were raised as well as what your situation in life is. Like i've always said, people don't vote with other people in mind....they vote for themselves. Tell me...those that went on in their adult lives to become democrats....were your parents primarily democratic in their views as well? Just curious.
YES! but the weird thing is, my grandparents were Republican...they voted for Reagan twice and then sat around complaining about what he was doing to them! STUPID! The WWII Generation, the huge Conservative group of oldsters, is gonna die soon and hopefully the demographics will change. Unfortunately, the 80's saw a revival of conservatism with the rise of that gawdawful actor/governor from CA, Ronald Ray-Gun. The activists of the 60's and 70's are getting on in years and again the demographics will change when they are gone. I wonder what sort of world my children or their children will see? All I can say is Im glad I wont be in it....
Old 02-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Until he goes through with the American Gothic movie and putting the whole series on DVD, I've no use for him. Spider Man sucked.
But Xena rocks!
Old 02-12-2005, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
Season 3's the best. :P Don't hate on Faith, yo.

He killed her off because Emma didn't want to have anything to do with the show after the final episode. IIRC, she wanted to focus more on film (she has an indie flick called Bandwagon, but it's only been shown at festivals, to my knowledge) and wanted to leave Buffy in the dust.

I don't think that's a very good reason, though, but Season 6 & 7 don't exist as far as I'm concerned, so I can live in my "Anya's Still Alive & The Show's Still Awesome" Happyland. :P
Season 3 was pretty good, but not my fav. I don't understand why so many people hate on Season 4 though

I remember reading that she didn't want to be a part of Buffy anymore, but one thing she pleaded with Joss not to do was kill Anya off, she wanted at least the choice to come back for something Buffy related in the future! But he did it anyways!

Season 6 and 7 had their moments, I did enjoy alot of Season 6 especially "Once More with Feeling" and "Life Serial".
Old 02-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
I think it is only true for some that they inherit their parents' political views. I have one really liberal parent and one very conservative one. I had to make up my own mind, understandably. I don't completely agree with either one of them, really. Also, some of my closest friends grew up in households with both parents being very conservative and they wound up being anywhere from relatively liberal to extremely liberal.

Also, I like to think that I vote not only for myself but many, many others as well. As for how one votes being about one's life situation...I'm sure my homosexuality contributes to my fervor a lot. No doubt about that. But I feel pretty certain that I would've been liberal anyway, as I have always had sympathy for minorities, and even before I began to feel that way, I was strongly opposed to capital punishment at a young age, and that pretty much set the stage for me being a liberal from then on. And taking that particular stand certainly was no one's decision but my own.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I think it is only true for some that they inherit their parents' political views. I have one really liberal parent and one very conservative one. I had to make up my own mind, understandably. I don't completely agree with either one of them, really. Also, some of my closest friends grew up in households with both parents being very conservative and they wound up being anywhere from relatively liberal to extremely liberal.

I come from a long line of liberals. Me and my 5 brothers and sisters are all very liberal.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
how is a ban on animal testing for cosmetics not being a friend to animals?

and: comparing hunting to the business of raising stock animals for feed is a bit lopsided, sort of like comparing buying a christmas tree off the lot to going out into the mountains and cutting one down......on the one hand, you have a business that raises feed animals, on the other you have people who cant stay away from guns going out into the wilderness (or sometimes to artificial hunts where the animals are penned and shot as they stand there in a herd)
and killing the animals where they live...its disgusting to me. A gun only has ONE purpose, to KILL. I HATE GUNS. The minute it has a bullet in it, it is death on demand.
I think you need to go to a slaughterhouse and see them kill the animals in front of the other animals. When you see the blood and smell the smell of the hundreds slaughtered in a day you will realize there essentially is no difference between that method of killing and hunting them even the hunting of them in the controlled enviroment you mentioned. In all ways, they are being killed either way and hunting them can be more humane compared to say sticking a hog and letting it bleed to death (which takes awhile) , letting cattle stand in water with an electric current, or any of the other various ways . But, based on your obvious issues with guns and your assumption that people hunt solely for the thrill of it - you will never see it that way no matter how true it is because apprarently you think all guns are evil and people could never possibly want the choice not to eat steroid filled meat, make their own leather with natural dyes, etc., and you want to put your head in the sand when it comes to buying steroid filled prettily packaged meat for sale in the store. Interestingly, you do not mind when these slaughterhouse methods are used to make the food you eat, which I can assure you happens if you eat beef or for that matter if you wear leather, etc. - which granted you may not - but many do.

AND - the Christmas tree analogy is false unless you think trees feel pain when cut down and they also are not immune to their horrible farm raised experience

Interestingly, a somewhat valid argument could be made that it actually is a little fairer and more humane to kill them by hunting them - at least that way they have a relatively free and steroid free existence. AND - if people had to hunt what they ate, I can assure you there would be a whole lot less waste - thus less animals killed

In any event - you will never admit that so what is the point?
Old 02-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
how is a ban on animal testing for cosmetics not being a friend to animals . . .
My point was, with sarcasm, that Clinton did not set it as a high priority if he set it at all. If he did, I never heard it - but he may have and I just do not know about it - though I do know the other high priority points he set