The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seriously, what is his motivation for this article/stunt? Complain and cry to the masses that because of his divorce and lack of anything of not outside of FM, Stevie is causing him to go broke? I've long felt Mick was nothing but a snake oil salesman, and this just makes that perception of him stronger.

And can he cut it out with the dramatics? "Fleetwood Mac will never tour again." Because Stevie is putting the band on hold a little while longer? Calm down and go put out some more wine and focus on your restaurant.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 03-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Besides being passive aggressive, I also think he's being one BIG drama queen, suggesting FM will never tour again, or in his mind the band may be over because of Stevie's over obsession about IYD& his need to not be co-dependant and intervene, beg & whatever else he claims to do to get everyone in line. He clearly had his motives in doing this interview AND to stir up the FM rumour machine once again. Because, Puleeze, unless someone get's sick or something, FM will be touring in 2013/2014!

What's more unsettling is he is practically groveling on & on about using FM as a million dollar ATM machine & not continuing on as a creatively productive band. His comparison to The Eagles is also very telling about his motives, It's all about lining his pockets with MORE money at this point!

Though I do feel a little more compassion for his situation, I absolutely still think Stevie has every right to continue to tour behind In Your Dreams. If Mick were pushing for a new record then tour, that would be a totally different scenario, but he clearly is not, and wants his payday sooner than later!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's not like Mick's not playing...hell, he's doing a corporate gig TONIGHT & TOMORROW night in Honolulu with Rick Vito & Co.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
So will Mick's stunt work? Absolutely. Stevie does not want the blood of Fleetwood Mac on her hands and Mick knows it.
This.

Let's not forget Stevie is the one who says "You don't break up your band." and how much she loves the big time Rock n Roll star life she gets via that avenue...

"Every time I drive up to my gorgeous house, I go, 'This is the house that Fleetwood Mac built.'"
Old 03-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
It's not like Mick's not playing...hell, he's doing a corporate gig TONIGHT & TOMORROW night in Honolulu with Rick Vito & Co.
But for what - green beer??
Old 03-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
This.

Let's not forget Stevie is the one who says "You don't break up your band." and how much she loves the big time Rock n Roll star life she gets via that avenue...

"Every time I drive up to my gorgeous house, I go, 'This is the house that Fleetwood Mac built.'"
I don't know. I think Stevie might have changed a little. Mick said the shilly-shallying felt different this time and he might be right.

They're also both dealing with major life traumas at the moment, and that can make people reckless. I hope I'm wrong and that they sort it out, just because I don't like to think of people with so much history being estranged. That makes me sad.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post
I don't know. I think Stevie might have changed a little. Mick said the shilly-shallying felt different this time and he might be right.

They're also both dealing with major life traumas at the moment, and that can make people reckless. I hope I'm wrong and that they sort it out, just because I don't like to think of people with so much history being estranged. That makes me sad.
Also, who knows how long Mick's marriage has been on the rocks and for what reasons. Stevie's been notoriously close to Mick's family, perhaps it's not inconceivable for Stevie to also be upset at Mick regarding the ending of the marriage caused by something he did. Whatever has happened, it seems clear that Stevie is no longer in a close knit circle or in communication with Mick! And she's certainly not running to his side in his hour of need. Hmmmmmm

Last edited by Christopher; 03-16-2012 at 04:42 PM..
Old 03-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But for what - green beer??
Here's what Rick posted on FB--------------------
Rick Vito
Greetings from Waikiki Beach on the island of Oahu in Hawaii! I'm on the 20th floor looking out at the beautiful turquoise waters of the Pacific about to go to soundcheck with Mick. I think I'll order a Mai Tai and raise the glass to all my friends right now...cheers! These kinds of days don't come along very often.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Here's what Rick posted on FB--------------------
Rick Vito
Greetings from Waikiki Beach on the island of Oahu in Hawaii! I'm on the 20th floor looking out at the beautiful turquoise waters of the Pacific about to go to soundcheck with Mick. I think I'll order a Mai Tai and raise the glass to all my friends right now...cheers! These kinds of days don't come along very often.
So, it was a green Mai Tai.

Seriously, I just meant it wouldn't draw as much as a FM show financially. But, if he's going through a divorce would his earnings figure into a settlement? Maybe he shouldn't tour right now...
Old 03-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
But why did he need to do this type of an article for Playboy? What is he promoting?
Who'd have thought that Playboy would even be interested in Mick? Michele
Old 03-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, it was a green Mai Tai.

Seriously, I just meant it wouldn't draw as much as a FM show financially. But, if he's going through a divorce would his earnings figure into a settlement? Maybe he shouldn't tour right now...
He only has to treat income earned before the separation as community property. Now, even with the divorce not final, income earned after separation is separate property.

Woo hoo, Mick. Tour and write another book as well. The time is right.

Ha, I was just thinking of Diandra Douglas. Since some cynics here say that FM still tours to promote Rumours, Jenny should ask for money from Mick for his current tours, saying that the proceeds are generated from an album he made when he was still married to her, just like Diandra said that the Wall Street sequel was based on the original movie made when she was still entitled to half of everything.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 03-16-2012 at 05:43 PM..
Old 03-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow....what an interview. I wondered why Lynn wasn't with Mick in the photo of the other article from yesterday and thought briefly, "divorce?" Today confirms it. The title even has to cause one to create all sorts of conjectures in their mind relating to Mick, Stevie, and money, The Ghost of Fleetwood Mac? Now....wouldn't it beat all if Stevie's next single release (and one has to wonder when that will happen) would be, "Ghosts Are Gone!" How fitting and apt!

There is more to this story, a lot more as to what happened between Stevie, Mick, Lynn, Lindsey, John, and Christine, perhaps indeed this time the, "Ghosts Are Gone!" I have to wonder if this is more about relationships than it is money?

Fleetwood Mac with it's current lineup may very well be done but will Mick and John do as they have in the past and transform themselves again? I feel like it's too late for that even. And that coveted last album looks like it's never going to happen. So Mick thinks Stevie let him, John, and Lindsey down, but they all let down their fans! It's going to take a miracle to make a new album or tour happen at this point! Age is against them which means time is too.

If money is a problem maybe that tell all book about other band members, one in particular, Stevie, may very well come into fruition?

Last edited by Morgana; 03-16-2012 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: add comment
Old 03-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgana View Post

If money is a problem maybe that tell all book about other band members, one in particular, Stevie, may very well come into fruition?
Oh, my goodness. Mick and Stevie in a mexican stand-off over where the bodies are buried and how much they stink??? Ugh.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
He only has to treat income earned before the separation as community property. Now, even with the divorce not final, income earned after separation is separate property.
Oh, ok. I wasn't sure. Well, that's good for him.

Quote:
Ha, I was just thinking of Diandra Douglas. Since some cynics here say that FM still tours to promote Rumours, Jenny should ask for money from Mick for his current tours, saying that the proceeds are generated from an album he made when he was still married to her, just like Diandra said that the Wall Street sequel was based on the original movie made when she was still entitled to half of everything.

Michele
Ha! That's just wrong! But, leave it to somebody somewhere to spin it that way.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WHY tour in 2010/2011? They did Unleashed in 2009, to do it again would just be a big cash grab. THEY need to make new music or dont bother.