User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
If it comes to reality.I have a gut feeling it might be the last complete studio recording from FM.I hope I'm freaking wrong.
not going to happen, maybe a BN album but that its it. Sorry Mick - your history.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
not going to happen, maybe a BN album but that its it. Sorry Mick - your history.
Must we be subjected to that?

Between the Bob Welch-hijacking and the BN Gang, I'm heartily sick of this thread.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Must we be subjected to that?

Between the Bob Welch-hijacking and the BN Gang, I'm heartily sick of this thread.
Choices. We all have them.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Ok folks, while every single one of us on the moderation team couldn't support the plight of getting Bob into the Rock Hall Of Fame more, we need to stay on topic; this is the Rumours forum, and this thread is about a possible new Fleetwood Mac album.

If there is another petition to be signed, or any other relevant, helpful information which needs to be shared to advance the cause, the moderation team will gladly put up Stickies at the top of every forum.

Otherwise, this line of discussion needs to be kept to the Early Years threads which are already dedicated to this matter.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Ledgie

Why doesn't anyone talk about Jeremy Spencer? Shouldn't he be inducted? Lol I don't know much about him other than him filling up condoms with milk and tossing them at the audience and that's hilarious!

Back to the subject of the thread....is it really a do or die situation if they make another album or not? I enjoyed the EP but I feel like any new music won't come close to the old stuff they have. I am more concerned with them touring, which I hope they can keep doing. And they can always put out a new EP with each tour, that seemed to work well with this one.

I feel like the boys are on board for more everything...it seems like Stevie is the one who needs convincing...I think?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

Ok folks, while every single one of us on the moderation team couldn't support the plight of getting Bob into the Rock Hall Of Fame more, we need to stay on topic; this is the Rumours forum, and this thread is about a possible new Fleetwood Mac album.

If there is another petition to be signed, or any other relevant, helpful information which needs to be shared to advance the cause, the moderation team will gladly put up Stickies at the top of every forum.

Otherwise, this line of discussion needs to be kept to the Early Years threads which are already dedicated to this matter.

But the natural course of most conversations, is that it takes twists and turns. Are we really not allowed to do that?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But the natural course of most conversations, is that it takes twists and turns. Are we really not allowed to do that?
Of course conversations can take twists and turns. However, when the conversation devolves from the original topic into an unrelated issue that already has several threads (in the appropriate forum) dedicated to its discussion, those threads are where said conversation is best further conducted - in the interest of keeping the boards/threads/forums organized and on topic as much as possible.

Last edited by WildHearted; 10-24-2013 at 09:30 PM..
Old 10-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post

If Lindsey is being stupid about anything it's his insistence that there should be another album. Frankly, we don't need another SYW or Tango or Mirage. He looks back on those and criticizes them. What makes him -- or anyone for that matter -- think that a new album would break the mold somehow?

Lindsey himself doesn't even seem to realize what he is pushing for. By writing and recording songs that he considers "Fleetwood Mac" songs, as opposed to his more daring solo stuff, he is doing exactly what he criticizes the band for doing with Mirage and Tango. The stuff was too commercial and not artistic enough. But that's the only thing he's going to get if there is another FM CD, especially judging from the less-than-stellar tracks on the EP.

I say forget it, Lindsey. You've made enough money. Focus on the solo stuff. That's what I want to hear, not this bland, poppy music that you gave us with the EP.

A few things I have not seen mentioned is this. 1) Lindsey has no contract with WB (or anyone for that matter) so all the music he's put out in the last few years have been at his own expense (Seeds We Sow, Songs from the Small Machine). While Lindsey seems to have made (or kept) a large part of his earnings; the fact that he has had to pay for everything out of his own pocket for his last few tours (and not WB) I'm sure makes a definite difference to him. Also, it doesn't seem any record companies are looking at giving Lindsey a solo contract anytime soon (this has nothing to do with the quality of his work, just the fact that music companies are now only offering contracts to artist that they believe will turn a profit, and I think Lindsey himself has admitted that his solo work is not very profitable).

Which is why I believe Seeds We Sow and Song's from the Small Machine, are a departure from Lindsey's usual esoteric sound, because he's going more mainstream to try and make some of his money back. Also, he has said that he's done various different types of esoteric techniques /music/songs in the past and doesn't feel like he has to revisit that again.

I happen to like both of SWS and SFSM, but I know a lot of die hard Lindsey fans aren't really into them because the sound is more main stream.....Hold up..I just realized I got off track ...... what I started to say was 1) I think the reason Lindsey wants to do a new FM CD so badly is that he can make a heck of a lot more money with FM, than he can without FM. 2) I think Lindsey has said in the past (and Stevie had repeated this thought throughout the whole 2013 tour) that both Lindsey and Stevie believe they are better musically together, than separate (however, this is obvious a belief not shared by all of their fans). (IMO) I believe that Lindsey is hoping that now that he and Stevie are finally getting along they maybe able to create new music that is on the same level or close to the original Buckingham/Nicks album (though judging from the new EP that may not be possible again) and I actually like a few songs from the new EP unlike a lot of members on this board.

And don't think Lindsey's not (at least musically) jealous of Stevie's new found love and partnership with Dave Stewart. Lindsey believes he's the only one that musically knows what to do with Stevie's songs. Yes, she's had a multitude of producers over the years and many, many hits, but Lindsey still seem to think that he's the one that makes her music sound best (he said so during the FM behind the music). With Lindsey ego I can see him trying to bring Stevie back to FM to show her that 1) he can produce her song's better than Dave and 2) that they can work together again and the atmosphere doesn't have to be tense, with multiple arguments throughout the recording process. Stevie did say that during the 4 days they worked on the EP she and Lindsey had a good time talking and taking pictures of themselves in different costumes (and I would pay a large sum of money to see those pictures too). No, I can't see Lindsey ever donning a top hat and cape or bringing Stevie owl's and a white horses, but I think he's at least willing to try and be more easy going, and open and to try to make the whole process more enjoyable overall. The selling point I think would be that a new FM CD would be more profitable for Stevie, than a solo CD.

All of this is why I believe he's NOT pursing Chris as much (or at all) like a lot of the fans would like, even though it seems that if Chris was willing to re-join the band as a full member,he would be OK, maybe even happy to have her back.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's just it, carpet bombing every Ledge forum with Bob Welch Rock Hall Of Fame threads & posts is hardly natural conversation. It's planned & calculated. I totally agree with y'all's aims, just not your execution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
All of this is why I believe he's NOT pursing Chris as much (or at all) like a lot of the fans would like, even though it seems that if Chris was willing to re-join the band as a full member,he would be OK, maybe even happy to have her back.
I agree with much of what you said, I just don't get how it relates to Christine? Are you insinuating Lindsey is pushing for another Mac album to reconcile personally with Stevie?

I do wonder if that's important to him or not. Perhaps I'm just jaded, but I simply view Lindsey's involvement in Fleetwood Mac the past 15 years as a way to underwrite his solo career. Fleetwood Mac pays the bills, elevates his fame, and allows his solo career to continue. The only reason I can fathom that he's written Christine off so fully, and has erected obstacles preventing her partial return, is that he doesn't want to give up that cut of touring revenue & setlist/stage time. I hope I'm totally offbase on this, though.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post

Which is why I believe Seeds We Sow and Song's from the Small Machine, are a departure from Lindsey's usual esoteric sound, because he's going more mainstream to try and make some of his money back. Also, he has said that he's done various different types of esoteric techniques /music/songs in the past and doesn't feel like he has to revisit that again.

I happen to like both of SWS and SFSM, but I know a lot of die hard Lindsey fans aren't really into them because the sound is more main stream.
Wow, do fans really feel SWS sounds more mainstream? To my ears it's as idiosyncratic as anything he's done. If any of his recent solo albums sounds like an attempt to be commercial, it's GOS, in my opinion. And SFTSM, well, it was just a document of the tour.

I still find myself listening to SWS a heck of lot. If I had to rank Lindsey's solo studio albums in order of preference, it would probably be OOTC, then SWS, then GOS, then L&O, then UTS, then GI.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Of course conversations can take twists and turns. However, when the conversation devolves from the original topic into an unrelated issue that already has several threads (in the appropriate forum) dedicated to its discussion, those threads are where said conversation is best further conducted - in the interest of keeping the boards/threads/forums organized and on topic as much as possible.
Which is exactly why that last post needs to be removed from the BN anniversary thread. That is not a thread about the hypothetical release & there are tons of those threads.

Please whoever moderates...
Old 10-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
Wow, do fans really feel SWS sounds more mainstream? To my ears it's as idiosyncratic as anything he's done. If any of his recent solo albums sounds like an attempt to be commercial, it's GOS, in my opinion. And SFTSM, well, it was just a document of the tour.

I still find myself listening to SWS a heck of lot. If I had to rank Lindsey's solo studio albums in order of preference, it would probably be OOTC, then SWS, then GOS, then L&O, then UTS, then GI.
not sure. seems everyone has different opinion.

one thing people seem to agree on is that SWS is more cohesive and less polished (in some aspects, although definitely not in voice manipulations, unfortunately) than many of his other albums.

SWS represents a sampling of a lot of different styles Lindsey has been developing throughout his career, and it's my favorite LB album, by far.

also agree about the Songs from the Small Machine - it's just a concert recording, of a show where 6 completely new never before heard songs were debuted, 5 months before they were released. i still get goosebumps remembering the feeling of hearing those songs for the very first time, at Saban.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post

Though I'm sure many would label me a chiffonhead, I'm a HUGE connoisseur of Lindsey's solo career as well. Honestly, the last truly "out there" album Lindsey made was Go Insane. All his work since has it's share of sonic experimentation for sure, but is nowhere near as esoteric as his first 2 albums. I would even argue Say You Will has edgier material on it than some of Lindsey's 21st century solo albums. I don't think this amounts to Lindsey selling his soul at all. I just truly think his music isn't so manic these days because he is finally secure with himself as an artist, and that manifests itself in his music.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do wonder if that's important to him or not. Perhaps I'm just jaded, but I simply view Lindsey's involvement in Fleetwood Mac the past 15 years as a way to underwrite his solo career. Fleetwood Mac pays the bills, elevates his fame, and allows his solo career to continue. The only reason I can fathom that he's written Christine off so fully, and has erected obstacles preventing her partial return, is that he doesn't want to give up that cut of touring revenue & setlist/stage time. I hope I'm totally offbase on this, though.
If he wanted to protect the touring cut then he would be pushing a partial return that would not require her to tour. The position that she has to be in or out will actually put her back on stage with them.

Michele
Old 10-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree with much of what you said, I just don't get how it relates to Christine? Are you insinuating Lindsey is pushing for another Mac album to reconcile personally with Stevie?

Well I guess in a round about way, I was trying to explain why I think Lindsey's not pushing for Chris to return to FM (though behind the scenes who knows what's going on) also the post I was responding to was saying Lindsey should just continue with his solo work and asking why Lindsey even wanted a new FM CD and that's mainly what I was talking about.

No I'm not insinuating Lindsey is pushing for another Mac album to reconcile personally with Stevie... I'm flat out saying HE IS (NO, NO, before everyone starts bombing me with hateful post I'M JOKING )

I don't think him wanting Stevie for a new FM CD is for personal reasons, I think he's always been vocal about how good he thought and still thinks their Buckingham-Nicks duo was (Stevie also agrees with this). For decades they have been duking it out over their music and I think Lindsey may believe that now that he and Stevie are starting re-develop their old Buckingham-Nicks bond, that they very well could create some incredible new music together and that's what he's really excited about.