User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
don't know but the last tour had 24 i think.

setlist seems close to correct, because those are the songs announced on that FM instagram account in the last day (although they've been pulled since?), as well as order being visible in that RS pic. i think any one of us who paid attention would probably construct this exact same setlist.

so yes, the person who posted it can be a troll or in the know, really hard to tell when all the info is already out there, other than what songs were rehearsed.

anyway there seems to be 0 surprises in that setlist. possibly Little Lies was a bit unexpected because they've never played it live with LB, but it was one of their biggest hits so would make sense for a yet another Greatest Hits tour. and i was really hoping for Hold Me, also a huge hit, so that's a disappointment not seeing it mentioned in any announcements.
Lindsey is the big disappointment here. At least Stevie is going to do SOTM again. I Know I'm Not Wrong has been over played so much in the past, I can't believe he's going that again.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
That set list looks too suspicious to me. I can't see them doing Don't Stop before Go Your Own Way, also I can't see them NOT doing Stand Back.
I think you're onto something here. I smell a rat. I can't see "You Make Loving Fun" being the second song in the set, right after "The Chain". That doesn't follow their predictable pattern. AND, as much as I DON'T think "Stand Back" belongs in a Fleetwood Mac set, I can't see them dropping it. I agree that "Don't Stop" comes too early. Time will tell.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That set list looks too suspicious to me. I can't see them doing Don't Stop before Go Your Own Way, also I can't see them NOT doing Stand Back.
That bit is in the RS picture though, I literally cannot think of any other song that starts with DO
Old 09-13-2014, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey is the big disappointment here. At least Stevie is going to do SOTM again. I Know I'm Not Wrong has been over played so much in the past, I can't believe he's going that again.
agree.

some stats if this list will be it, which seems plausible:
  • there are 7 songs by each of the 3 songwriters.
  • there is one co-write between LB and CM (WT).
  • there is one co-write from the whole band (The Chain).
  • Stevie will change zero songs since the last tour, just dropping 3 (Sara and Stand Back - i'm extremely happy about this, especially Sara and very pleasantly surprised if the Stand back dropping is true; she is also predictably dropping oldie Without You).
  • Lindsey is swapping just one song - IKINW for NTF, completely predictable. and also dropping 3 songs - Sad Angel (highlight last year!), Eyes (always a highlight), and Say Goodbye.
  • added 6 Christine songs - so this is really the only change and the highlight of this tour - YMLF, SYLM, Everywhere, Little Lies, Songbird and Brown Eyes. mostly pretty good greatest hits selection and I really wish there is no Brown Eyes (sha-la-la? yeah whatever), and if true there will be no Hold Me, it will be sorely missed. (i also wished for Think About Me, but considering the hit-level Chrsitine's other FM songs had, this one was a pretty minor one, so i guess i can understand its non-inclusion.)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

I believe someone scoffed at me earlier in this thread or another for calling this The Dance 2. Except for Little Lies and SOTM...it is. I'm not mad, I missed the last five member tour. I could care less what they do. Just glad to see them all together. I'd love Over and Over and Sara over Brown Eyes and SOTM, but it is what it is...for now. I'll enjoy the show if this is the setlist, but I'll hope for a tweak or two.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
I believe someone scoffed at me earlier in this thread or another for calling this The Dance 2. Except for Little Lies and SOTM...it is. I'm not mad, I missed the last five member tour. I could care less what they do. Just glad to see them all together. I'd love Over and Over and Sara over Brown Eyes and SOTM, but it is what it is...for now. I'll enjoy the show if this is the setlist, but I'll hope for a tweak or two.
I would also prefer Over and Over plus Sara in the setlist rather that Brown Eyes and SOTM. We'll see what they settle on, but I'm mainly glad to get Christine's songs back in the set.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's still going to be an awesome show. To anyone who is going: you're still going to be ecstatic no matter what they play. All of the young fans that thought they would never get to see them play with Christine. How awesome that we have the opportunity. Also, the veteran fans that thought they would never see all five of them again.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really wish there is no Brown Eyes (sha-la-la? yeah whatever)
You just made my night with that.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
I believe someone scoffed at me earlier in this thread or another for calling this The Dance 2. Except for Little Lies and SOTM...it is. I'm not mad, I missed the last five member tour. I could care less what they do. Just glad to see them all together.
lol, welcome to the world of TL where everybody seems to think they know better even if they have no clue - there will always be many people scoffing at anything that makes sense.

although if this really was the dance 2, at least we would get a few new songs! no such luck.

it is also interesting to see people complaining about the same setlist but then turning around and scoffing on what can be considered a surprise and one of the few changes - SOTM which was only played on 2 tours so far; instead they wish back a mainstay.

Hold Me, which was a big hit and still a mainstay of many classic rock stations, but was played live on just one tour, would be a really nice surprise; yet people wish back some other CM live mainstays.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-13-2014, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol, welcome to the world of TL where everybody seems to think they know better even if they have no clue - there will always be many people scoffing at anything that makes sense.

although if this really was the dance 2, at least we would get a few new songs! no such luck.

it is also interesting to see people complaining about the same setlist but then turning around and scoffing on what can be considered a surprise and one of the few changes - SOTM which was only played on 2 tours so far; instead they wish back a mainstay.

Hold Me, which was a big hit and still a mainstay of many classic rock stations, but was played live on just one tour, would be a really nice surprise; yet people wish back some other CM live mainstays.

It would be interesting to see what they could do with Hold Me. Example: how much better is Everywhere on The Dance than the 1987-1990 live versions? A lot better, the 1987-1990 kinda sucks actually.

Assuming this is the real set list, I would love to see Blue Letter in there, maybe instead of Big Love. I would rather have Sara than Silver Springs. They could take out Tusk and do something different there too. I would even rather have Eyes of the World over Tusk. I'm excited about Never Going Back. I would rather have Monday Morning over Secondhand News, they always do Secondhand News. I guess there's more complaints about Lindsey's selection than Stevie or Christine. Christine's selection is good, all the must plays, again, I would love to see Hold Me, but not counting on it.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Where does anyone see little lies on the board?

He Will Burn You Down
Old 09-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
It would be interesting to see what they could do with Hold Me. Example: how much better is Everywhere on The Dance than the 1987-1990 live versions? A lot better, the 1987-1990 kinda sucks actually.

Assuming this is the real set list, I would love to see Blue Letter in there, maybe instead of Big Love. I would rather have Sara than Silver Springs. They could take out Tusk and do something different there too. I would even rather have Eyes of the World over Tusk. I'm excited about Never Going Back. I would rather have Monday Morning over Secondhand News, they always do Secondhand News. I guess there's more complaints about Lindsey's selection than Stevie or Christine. Christine's selection is good, all the must plays, again, I would love to see Hold Me, but not counting on it.
wait wait, aren't you the guy who always wants to hear the greatest hits they have? what happened? you don't want Tusk and Second Hand News and want lesser known songs instead? these 2 are definitely among 10 highest FM mainstays on various lists.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Where does anyone see little lies on the board?
it was listed in one of the 2 instagrams on supposedly "official FM" instagram account. somebody complained about that same account (i think?) to Dashut on his blog in the meantime, and now it looks like almost all the posts have been pulled from that instagram. so who knows what's true?

Old 09-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wait wait, aren't you the guy who always wants to hear the greatest hits they have? what happened? you don't want Tusk and Second Hand News and want lesser known songs instead? these 2 are definitely among 10 highest FM mainstays on various lists.

I like those Lindsey songs better. I enjoy Blue Letter and Monday Morning more than Tusk and Secondhand News.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the set looks great with Christine's songs. The vast majority of FM fans will love this show. The only ones disappointed will be...The Ledgies, as usual. (said tongue and cheek ).

Can't wait until the end of the month!