User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Sirius XM show Feedback reported that US Weekly were the first to receive the legal documents. Classless move by Lindsey's lawyers if you ask me.
I didn’t ask, but Yeah I am sure of all the magazines and media outlets his team would decide to send this to, first, he deemed US Weekly was the way to go.
Perhaps US weekly were the first to actually go on to the LA Superior Court website to get it?
Old 10-12-2018, 06:22 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I didn’t ask, but Yeah I am sure of all the magazines and media outlets his team would decide to send this to, first, he deemed US Weekly was the way to go.
Perhaps US weekly were the first to actually go on to the LA Superior Court website to get it?
I agree, it doesn't make sense they would choose US Weekly of all places.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
I agree, it doesn't make sense they would choose US Weekly of all places.
It’s all part of Lindsey’s evil plan to impact Stevie’s RRHOF nomination and Lincoln Nebraska FM ticket sales! I mean obviously when you get fired via telephone from a manager you should just bend over and take it.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Sirius XM show Feedback reported that US Weekly were the first to receive the legal documents. Classless move by Lindsey's lawyers if you ask me.
You think so Mick???? BTW if you don't think not calling Linsdey after ALL The years isn't classless, you have your head up your own a$$ mick more then I think.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Also, for those who don’t know Petrocelli, let’s just say FM is in very good hands. He is a pretty big name when it comes to lawyers. He’s like the human personification of the blood sucking entertainment attorney stereotype. Even represents Trump and Weinstein.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_M._Petrocelli
Double I just threw up in my mouth.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You think so Mick???? BTW if you don't think not calling Linsdey after ALL The years isn't classless, you have your head up your own a$$ mick more then I think.
It was probably an edict from management and legal. The nativity of thinking any of it is personal is almost cute.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It was probably an edict from management and legal. The nativity of thinking any of it is personal is almost cute.
Exactly. We aren’t talking about a family squabble or a disagreement among old buddies. This is business. Lindsey said in his statement “Over the last eight months, our many efforts to come to an agreement have unfortunately proved elusive.” Meaning he has been trying since the start to either get back into the band or receive some sort of payout. The band, and their management, knew this and were fully expecting this lawsuit to materialize. So of course no band members were going to converse with him. That’s why John replied by saying he’s not supposed to speak to him. They aren’t kids in a clubhouse deciding Lindsey wasn’t their friend anymore and isn’t allowed to come around. It’s all about the impending legal dispute and all the technicalities on the business end. This is, as Lindsey would say, a “big machine”. FM is responsible for the livelihood of (now) 6 actual band members, a plethora of backing musicians and singers, roadies, security guards, managers, assistants, promoters, sound techs, etc etc. It ain’t about feelings anymore. It’s business. They’re doing what they’re told to do by their management & legal team.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:49 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
It ain’t about feelings anymore. It’s business. They’re doing what they’re told to do by their management & legal team.
I understand all that, but why is that a valid excuse for their behavior toward Lindsey? So we can just admit this band is all about the money? I'm glad we've confirmed that at least. Obviously, money enters into the equation, but it shouldn't be the driving factor. And not every band would act like this either, so it's not a universal thing.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So we can just admit this band is all about the money? I'm glad we've confirmed that at least.
This is a band most famous for their f*cked up interpersonal relationships. Their biggest hits are about hating each other. They didn’t stay together all these years because they enjoyed each other’s company. In fact, their relationships are so strained that S&L couldn’t even have hotel rooms next to each other’s because they found ways to fight through the f’ing walls. It’s never been about liking each other. They’re in this because it’s their job. Sure, they like what they do and enjoy making music and seeing their fans enjoy it. But it’s still a job. They run their business and they get paid for it with lots of money, attention, and fame. We all knew that. And Lindsey isn’t any different. You think he’d want anything to do with this band if he was wildly successful on his own and could sell out Madison Square Garden by himself? No. That’s why there’s this recurring pattern of Lindsey starting solo albums and then somehow having them evolve into FM records so he can expand the amount of people who will buy it and get tickets for the tour that follows it. He doesn’t do that because he misses or loves his band mates so much. He does it to rake in that FM money. The same FM money he’s still trying to rake in via this suit.
Of course they’re going to run this band more like a business than like a friendship. They have countless employees and already-set tour dates with thousands of tickets sold. They aren’t going to go against the advice of their managers and legal team because somebody’s feelings come first. Anybody who thinks that way has absolutely no idea what it’s like to be running a multimillion dollar empire and lives in some kind of fantasy world.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I understand all that, but why is that a valid excuse for their behavior toward Lindsey? So we can just admit this band is all about the money? I'm glad we've confirmed that at least. Obviously, money enters into the equation, but it shouldn't be the driving factor. And not every band would act like this either, so it's not a universal thing.
"I was going to put it less diplomatically, but I stopped myself," he said.

"Do the undiplomatic version," McVie chimed in. "What were you going to say?"

"I was going to say, 'Just close your eyes and take the money,'" Buckingham answered, and the soundstage rippled with laughter again.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-12-2018, 08:24 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
This is a band most famous for their f*cked up interpersonal relationships. Their biggest hits are about hating each other. They didn’t stay together all these years because they enjoyed each other’s company. In fact, their relationships are so strained that S&L couldn’t even have hotel rooms next to each other’s because they found ways to fight through the f’ing walls. It’s never been about liking each other. They’re in this because it’s their job. Sure, they like what they do and enjoy making music and seeing their fans enjoy it. But it’s still a job. They run their business and they get paid for it with lots of money, attention, and fame. We all knew that. And Lindsey isn’t any different. You think he’d want anything to do with this band if he was wildly successful on his own and could sell out Madison Square Garden by himself? No. That’s why there’s this recurring pattern of Lindsey starting solo albums and then somehow having them evolve into FM records so he can expand the amount of people who will buy it and get tickets for the tour that follows it. He doesn’t do that because he misses or loves his band mates so much. He does it to rake in that FM money. The same FM money he’s still trying to rake in via this suit.
Of course they’re going to run this band more like a business than like a friendship. They have countless employees and already-set tour dates with thousands of tickets sold. They aren’t going to go against the advice of their managers and legal team because somebody’s feelings come first. Anybody who thinks that way has absolutely no idea what it’s like to be running a multimillion dollar empire and lives in some kind of fantasy world.
A lot of the dysfunction has been exaggerated in this band, and sold as part of the brand. I don't really buy into the myth. There has to be some camaraderie between the band members to function at all, even if it's just on a professional level, and there are moments you can see that even in the ways they interact on stage.

Anyway, none of this explains why Lindsey was fired. He wasn't fired for money reasons, and it would have been cheaper to keep Lindsey in the band. So clearly FM is not run like a standard corporation.

And don't feelings come into play after all? Didn't Stevie's feelings end up trumping all the business considerations? Lindsey was fired due to Stevie feeling fed up with him for whatever the reason is. So I think feelings definitely played a role in Lindsey's firing, not money considerations. Now, of course, it's all about the money, as it is at the dissolution of most relationships. That doesn't negate that feelings are involved.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"I was going to say, 'Just close your eyes and take the money,'" Buckingham answered, and the soundstage rippled with laughter again.
I think you're taking that comment way too seriously. I doubt Irv Azoff gives a crap about a little remark from one of the members of one of the bands he manages. This is Irving Azoff. He is a shark. Glenn Frey dying didn't phase him. As long as Lindsey and the rest of them showed up so that he could make his money, he doesn't care about the details. But when the big seat filler of Fleetwood Mac is threatening to walk, that's when he cares.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"I was going to say, 'Just close your eyes and take the money,'" Buckingham answered.
Exactly. Everyone in this band knows that it’s a business first & foremost. Anybody who thinks Lindsey is any different from the rest of the group is delusional. Yes, these musicians may mean a lot to us and we love their art and may even look up to them. But we can’t delude ourselves so much that we can’t recognize that what they do is still a job. FM isn’t unique in this. The eagles don’t get along that well anymore either. Nor do the Stones. Or Heart. Or the GoGos. Pretty much none of the major bands out there record & tour together because they love being around each other. They do it for the money, the fame, and the adoration they get from the fans. It could be worse. At least Fleetwood Mac doesn’t hawk silly merch like KISS does with their coffins and pinball machines and sh*t.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't realize the lawyer FM got is the same one that represented Don Henley and Glenn Frey against Don Felder. I guess it makes sense but is that necessarily a good idea....? Henley and Frey didn't exactly emerge victorious in that whole situation. Felder took them to the cleaners and permanently tarnished both their reputations. However, he had quite a different case than Lindsey, much more solid in his favor so who knows.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:36 PM
Ledgie

Quote:

Right, they all laughed in agreement. I never said Lindsey wasn't interested in the money too. The whole band is. But he's not the one who wants to stop making albums because they don't make money.

Clearly, he only sees greatest hits gigs like Classic West as a money-making enterprise. It was definitely a PR mistake for him to say that, but the fact that he did kind of shows that he has more of an issue with the flagrant money-grubbing gigs like Classic West. I guess that's part of the tension in the band that led to to the breakup. But that doesn't really justify Lindsey's firing. They handled this really poorly.