User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I used to lurk on [Burnish.net] as well and really enjoyed it. From what I recall there was a lot of drama on the message board (I know, right?) and one day she just said, literally, "I've had enough" and it ended. I would check months later to see if she had opened the boards back up yet, but it never happened and then I think the site eventually disappeared for good.

I remember that. After the message board drama, she posted "I need a vacation" and never updated again, then eventually let the entire website go.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
what a memory you have! wow, I remember so many more of these people now that you posted them and you described everyone so well! thanks James :-)
my pleasure, it was therapeutic actually...i felt like we 'fogies' were briefly reunited at a funeral home and chatting about old friends...when i got news of V's passing it hit me with a reality that was somehow tangiable for the first time since getting online with dialup on AOL canada, eons ago...it made me realize all those former chats and exchanges were with real people, friends, not just digital connections, these were people, not just 1's and 0's...

...hey, good to 'see' you around, Lauren (your pic at your website is gone, actually the whole darned thing is gone!)...now my hesitant question (and i sure hope all worked out fine and healthy!) = you mentioned being pregnant in 08, do you have a wee one now and if so, that brings some wonderful JOY to this thread ie. V and barbara so sadly pass on, but we possibly have a new life aboard, a dear mini-Ledgie???)

btw, Nancy, if you are the former member i'm recalling it's great to see your name, always so kind...i believe i had your name confused with the Karen(s) i listed above...i've no idea why i always confuse those names, same goes for Bills and Mikes...i certainly didnt recognize your new login name...this place has the zaniest and most perplexing member names

and i also remember Justine, absolutely...i see one can sift through a member list which would help with total recall but that's a lot of clicking and there are now tons of members, wow...congrats to phil on the neps and i read that stephanie (ok, i just edited my post as this new member name may be a newer person but the congrats still apply!) had a child i tired to click on a photo but it was a stale link, i'm certain the wee he/she is a prize with beaming eyes and constantly smothered with lips!

i also recall an pretty early pal called Angie (something like akfunky49 aol from FL), she was a dear and a true blast

ok, this is what i dropped by to ponder out loud - where i've gone to school they quite often would name academic rewards (or for just being a wonderful, congenial student) for long serving teachers who had passed...i do know where V taught and might follow that up...luke, by chance did you live near her/her school? if something like that was done that would make me feel, well hard to articulate but let's say pretty much the opposite of last week, it would be truly uplifting

i am sorry for the loss of a loved one 'estrangedlife', and hope johnny stew's loved ones and he are managing and recovering

david, well that is just absolutely great to hear! my bro and other will also love this update...btw, my address has not changed...bn moved then new job, then had ISP trouble and must have changed addy's cos i got bounce backs years ago ...can one find email addy's here for members?

i didnt mean to be such a windbag but there was more than a few times this week (quite odd times, actually) i recalled some Ledge thread/e-mail/even snail mail exchanges that gave me a bursting inner smile

sincere wellness to all, and i must say, thank YOU(s) - jim

ps) i am glad youtube wasn't around back then for many of us may not have become friends, even briefly....we'd also not had the joy of receiving and opening highly anticipated video packages... and of course the burden of having to buy all those darn bubble envelopes and rolls of stamps, lol...sorry for the steady dose of typos and dropped prepositions, somethings never change

Last edited by james; 02-07-2009 at 04:06 PM..
Old 02-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
thank you, i'll do something special this & each june 19

i recall many Ledgies…apologies to those overlooked, you’re not forgotten, my recall ability is poor:

anthony – when i had a flashback lurk this morning, there he was, the michigan man, first & foremost

barbara h – i would habitually would look for her posts…such a breath of fresh air…such a sad loss

barb – a wonderful pal, most folks wouldn’t tolerate me for an entire decade – integrity personified

bn – my partner in crime and wit for many years, lost touch, I trust and truly hope he is very well

chili – legendary

david – was always comforted that there were others who had a plain, common member name like mine

hayley – quite a head (red) on those shoulders, took time to get on her good side & hope i’ve remained so

james kirk – fellow canuck who first exposed me to a very clear LP> cassette recording of buck/nicks A+

john b – aka, joe – showed me the ropes, do’s & donts of the net…more dont’s than do’s were retained

johnny stew – always the voice of reason

julie k – truly kind brit/scot gal who is hopefully just too busy with work, fun and theatre to keep in touch

karen/kathy – kind, very kind

keith – wonderful chap, you could look hi & lo and wouldn’t find a mean spirited word in any of his posts

kispirit – had the great fortune of colliding back in early days of the ledge, the slimmest mother on earth

lauren – i don’t think there is a more dedicated & knowledgeable Lindsey fan…lyric interp extraordinaire

les – must have authored a book or encyclopedia by now, what a mind and way with words

luke – always interesting posts, a survivor

marty – thx, a lot of work put into this, what that man endured as moderator…oh, thanks to lis also

patti – a true delight, i would bet she is making somebody giggle this very moment

phil – many laughs exchanged and everyone seemed to enjoy his clever FM music medley quizzes

regina – i remember her arrival on the scene and the constant clarification of how to pronounce her name

sarah – common name but I’m referring to one of the younger members at the time, a very intriguing mind

shane – another survivor and valued member – is any of that late 90’s stuff archived? (polls, pics, etc?)

stephanie – an appreciator of music, diverse taste, big bodean fan, stunning, heart always pumping to the beat

villavic – man of the world. always loved your photos and reading bn and villavic banter over the years

Vianna – my 1st internet acquaintance some dozen yrs ago – when I e-mailed that first time I was nervous, she responded with nothing less than kindness and generosity, her smiling photo is now, truly, a treasure

V was a dedicated teacher for decades, she loved the beach boys, loved to share good music, loved cats

i wasn’t sure if her e-mail was “vcatlvr27” because there were 26 others who had a similar addy, or because she had cared for 27 cats…back in 2000 i was down in NH and thought of detouring to VA and taking her by surprise…regretfully, i never followed that idea through…may peace be with you, V…eternal hugs, jim

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...fleetwood.html
Hi James,
I was on Ledge only in 2007 but many names are friendly for me because I think to had many trades in the 90th,I was a mamber of many fanzine,I live in Italy and I'm a Stevie/Mac fan from 1990 year it was so hard for me here in Italy find anything so I remember with happy the year where for have any information I must write "normal" letter because computer not existed yet,it was lovely years for because many fan were so kind with me.

paolo from italy
Old 02-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Junior Ledgie

hi paulo, indeed i remember you (and may have confused you with villavic)...i just realized i've confused old names vs. new member logins...i don't believe old member names were rolled over when the Ledge took on a new face...there are so many others who were around long ( a year anyhow) before me and they would be the best ones to put up some sort or recall checklist...i'm sure i've overlooked many and some likely fairly obvious, lke yourself

cheers, jim ( i think that's the former login i'd used, or perhaps something like nixlover)
Old 02-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had a dial-up computer and answering those 40 question polls took me hours because AOL would knock me off right in the middle of it. It became a personal challenge to see if I could get through those things, no matter how many attempts I had to make. And it never helped that I was (yeah, like that's in the past tense) such a windbag, either.

I've only lurked here for a few years, and I'm sure it's similar now and connections are made, but a few of us really did become very good friends and have remained that way for years. So, it's nice that this place brought all of us together.

And sharing that stuff--scratchy old recordings on audio tapes, and looking at them as if they were gifts from heaven--those WERE the days!

Hey, Brad! I remember Marty and Lis' list, too. I was unemployed at the time and money was SO tight. I had just put in my first order and had a whole other one waiting...and the list went poof! I was so disappointed. But, that's what started the trading thing. So many people were so incredibly generous, it's amazing.

(and, James--it is, indeed Ruh-GEE-Nah;-)
Old 02-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
btw, Nancy, if you are the former member i'm recalling it's great to see your name, always so kind...i believe i had your name confused with the Karen(s) i listed above...i've no idea why i always confuse those names, same goes for Bills and Mikes...i certainly didnt recognize your new login name...this place has the zaniest and most perplexing member names
James, I didn't post back then, just lurked, so don't worry - you didn't call me by the wrong name. Although incidentally I do get called "Karen" a lot! That's my sister's name.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We should have a Ledgie Reunion at a Japanese restaurant.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Are you buying?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Registered

Quote:
what's wrong with Fogo de Chao?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
what's wrong with Fogo de Chao?
abosfu**inlutely nothing! God I love that place. Do you have them out in Portland?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:32 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
abosfu**inlutely nothing! God I love that place. Do you have them out in Portland?
I wish! I used to go to the one in Chicago, and I've also been to one in Scottsdale (just last month). I don't think there's even a location in San Francisco... eventually, maybe.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
hi paulo, indeed i remember you (and may have confused you with villavic)...i just realized i've confused old names vs. new member logins...i don't believe old member names were rolled over when the Ledge took on a new face...there are so many others who were around long ( a year anyhow) before me and they would be the best ones to put up some sort or recall checklist...i'm sure i've overlooked many and some likely fairly obvious, lke yourself

cheers, jim ( i think that's the former login i'd used, or perhaps something like nixlover)
Hi Jim,
I'm happy you remember me......like you I forgot some name-nickname and other,many fan disappeared soon or later but in your lists most of the name are familiar to me,also because I was member of many fanzine.
Maybe you've a web pages called "souldrifter.com" or similar?

take care of your wild heart

paolo from itay
Old 02-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well this thread sure has gotten long. Im glad I started it! Still, I have not heard from any of the people I was looking for. Are there no leads on where they went to?
Old 02-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I vote for Thai
Old 02-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That one over on Tustin Ave between Rubio's & Fatburger?