User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I know, I know.......but still, I can honestly say I would HATE it if an old flame kept popping up in my life, but that's just me.
Well, you might hate it first, but after, say, the 40th year of them popping up, maybe the dread would start to wear off a little.

Michele
Old 04-30-2011, 05:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, you might hate it first, but after, say, the 40th year of them popping up, maybe the dread would start to wear off a little.

Michele
Don't think it would wear off though - equate it to a mosquito incessantly buzzing in your ear but you always miss when you try to squish it! That old oxymoron known as "exquisite torture"
Old 04-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Oh, I don't know....maybe he thought the pears should go over there.
Nicely done
Old 04-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is weird but I sometimes think of Lindsey and Stevie as the musical version of Richard Burton and Liz Taylor. They had an epic love and they were full of passion, passion, passion- apparently the fought like mad. Even though it didn't work out twice, she still called him the love of her life until her dying days and I'm positive he probably felt the same.

And then I think about how his wife felt.

I guess there are women out there that can withstand the reality of their spouse having been in a Great Romance and be content with the way things are. The men, for their part, could shower them with love, affection, devotion and make them feel completely secure. And sometimes that security is all they need.

Kristen seems quite secure and confident and they appear to have a very stable life and a beautiful family. Lindsey seems content, really, in that aspect. Though I am not a shipper, I do sense a yearning in his eye when he looks at Stevie. Am I seeing things?
Old 04-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
This is weird but I sometimes think of Lindsey and Stevie as the musical version of Richard Burton and Liz Taylor. They had an epic love and they were full of passion, passion, passion- apparently the fought like mad. Even though it didn't work out twice, she still called him the love of her life until her dying days and I'm positive he probably felt the same.

I guess there are women out there that can withstand the reality of their spouse having been in a Great Romance and be content with the way things are. The men, for their part, could shower them with love, affection, devotion and make them feel completely secure. And sometimes that security is all they need.

Kristen seems quite secure and confident and they appear to have a very stable life and a beautiful family. Lindsey seems content, really, in that aspect. Though I am not a shipper, I do sense a yearning in his eye when he looks at Stevie. Am I seeing things?
It's funny you brought up Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton because I just finished reading Furious Love (which I highly recommend) anyways I agree 100% with your analysis their still seems to be something restless in Lindsey's eyes. I remember Ken Caillat saying that they were like George and Martha from Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf which were pretty much was Taylor and Burton in real life so I see it to.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
Nicely done
Thanks! Back at 'cha!

Quote:

I don't think you're seeing things. After all, he's admitted he struggled getting over her. Stevie claims he still thinks about what could have been between them if things had been different. Isn't that what the lyrics to Stars suggest, even? I don't think it means he's not happy in his home life - it's a different thing altogether. Maybe there are times when he thinks it would be easier to be with someone of his own generation or the strain of having a young family later in life gets to him or maybe he and Stevie just "get" each other in a way others don't...
Old 04-30-2011, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
so the record company only wanted the 2 of them and not the other guys and they had to break up with Fritz and I was thinking, "well, if she was only a friend, why wouldn't he accept a recording contract without her? Why didn't he say, 'I refuse to do it, without Javier!'"
Michele

you guys crack me up and OWN this board
He prob didn't choose Javier coz well he knew Stevie was more talented and better looking
Old 05-01-2011, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Good comparison!

Content - this seems inadequate for such an intense and passionate man.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
you guys crack me up and OWN this board
He prob didn't choose Javier coz well he knew Stevie was more talented and better looking
Well, now apparently it was Stevie who wanted them to be a duo.. at least according to Lindsey.

So, did Stevie refuse to LET LB go be solo without her?
Old 05-03-2011, 04:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Well, now apparently it was Stevie who wanted them to be a duo.. at least according to Lindsey.

So, did Stevie refuse to LET LB go be solo without her?
Wonder who wore (wears) the pants in that relationship ... completely rhetorical Q of course