Yes 6 22.22%
Of course 6 22.22%
Definitely 2 7.41%
There were other female vocalists in Fleetwood Mac? 19 70.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I found this great video of Bekka singing Gold Dust Woman -

Admittedly, she sounds fantastic. Even if I don't like her singing Gold Dust Woman, she has one hell of a voice xD

The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Gaaah. I'm really tempted to give Time another try now... I've got it set to skip on shuffle in itunes >_>

Last edited by Artemis; 05-20-2010 at 09:04 PM..
Old 05-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Admittedly, she sounds fantastic. Even if I don't like her singing Gold Dust Woman, she has one hell of a voice xD

The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Gaaah. I'm really tempted to give Time another try now... I've got it set to skip on shuffle in itunes >_>
Or try the Live At Interlaken bootleg which is actually the audio of that concert you posted (I think)

http://rapidshare.com/files/23912491...Interlaken.rar
Old 05-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyway, if Bekka was copying anyone it sure wasn't Stevie Nicks. She looks and sounds so much like her mother (from back in 1969) it is almost scary. Oh and take note of Dave Mason sitting on the end of the first video...

Old 05-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Thanks for sharing that, I dig it. Though I'll admit I prefer Stevie's version , this one is very good.

If you like her voice, I recommend checking out her solo material. Also, she's done some stellar work as a backing vocalist for other artists. My favorite of these is her work with blues artist Jonny Lang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Anyway, if Bekka was copying anyone it sure wasn't Stevie Nicks. She looks and sounds so much like her mother (from back in 1969) it is almost scary. Oh and take note of Dave Mason sitting on the end of the first video...

Those are great ! I remember seeing Bonnie during her stint on Roseanne and being totally impressed in the episodes where they had her sing. What a voice!

Last edited by Miss Vicky; 05-20-2010 at 10:40 PM..
Old 05-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are a few more...

ETA: Did you notice that her tambourine isn't taped and she actually uses it as a real instrument? Isn't that weird?

ETA II: Does her performing "Imagine" mean she's trying to be John Lennon? (Also interesting: I saw her do as many John Lennon songs as Stevie Nicks songs. I guess they did "Dreams," but I've never seen or heard a performance. I only go by what I've seen.)

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 05-20-2010 at 10:51 PM..
Old 05-21-2010, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Here are a few more...

ETA: Did you notice that her tambourine isn't taped and she actually uses it as a real instrument? Isn't that weird?

ETA II: Does her performing "Imagine" mean she's trying to be John Lennon? (Also interesting: I saw her do as many John Lennon songs as Stevie Nicks songs. I guess they did "Dreams," but I've never seen or heard a performance. I only go by what I've seen.)
ok I apologize for my stupidity in before post she is awesome too. I was at the show when they came here to connecticut it was in June or July of 1995 and i want to say she did Gold Dust Woman different i could be wrong i do believe she came out in a cloak i believe when they sang The Chain I though she did do dreams as well if i remember correctly i was there for most of the show anyway. She is an added female vocal to be added as one of the greatest vocals in Fleetwood Mac there is not one bad vocalist and song writer in all the era's of FM.

It was billed as The 70's Classic Rock Tour

Orleans
Pat Benatar
Reo Speedwagon
Fleetwood Mac

this was the line up for that concert I saw Bekka and Dave Mason version of FM I remember the commerials for this tour and they never mentioned bekka and dave mason in commercial just fleetwood mac i knew stevie, christine and lindsey were not in the band before seeing the show. In the commerical they were advertising they should have mentioned bekka and Dave Mason which I definetly remember not hearing in the commercials . If i remember correctly there was some people upset that stevie,lindsey and christine were not in the band I knew they weren't cause they were advertising the show as classic rock 70's show maybe that is why some people were disappointed and mis advertised as well when they adverstised the concert too alot of people were starting to leaving in the middle of there performance if i do recall and mind you connecticut is a strong fleetwood mac fan base here. I think if it was not advertised as a classic 70's tour and it was just fleetwood mac it would have been different the more i think back about the concert was great on my opinion just remembering seeing alot of people leaving before the performance was over and some people were complaining not that FM was bad i just think the casual fans that were not aware of Stevie,Lindsey and Christine not being in the band on tour at that time. Sounds other people might have seen a different tour of FM on that tour in different tour package. It was billed as The Classic 70's Tour just think people were expecting the Stevie,Lindsey and Christine line up of the band and think that is why people were leaving half way thru there performance.

Last edited by StandbackStevie; 05-21-2010 at 08:56 AM..
Old 05-21-2010, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So I listnened to Bekka doing Imagine.
Nice voice
Old 05-22-2010, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
So I listnened to Bekka doing Imagine.
Nice voice
Bekka does have a beautiful voice. However, I listened to Time, and I found the album largely forgettable, which is a shame because Behind The Mask was so unexpectedly good! Perhaps it was just too much to produce yet another great album after yet another change of line-up? Of course there's a fair few FM fans that do enjoy Time, so who am I to judge? (Oh, wait, my music standards are objective, aren't they? My mistake! )
So, Meowi, I suggest you buy the album, if you should happen across it for about $15 (give or take $5, depending on how interested you are). If nothing else, it completes the album collection.
And for the record, I enjoyed Time a bit more than Say You Will.
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 05-22-2010, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
And for the record, I enjoyed Time a bit more than Say You Will.

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Junior Ledgie

I know Bekka, Bonnie and knew Delaney very well.

Bekka did get the writing and singing genes from her dad.

She is a great writer and sings better than Bonnie.

The only problem is Bekka is a psychological mess. I saw her at her dad's memorial service in Jan. 08 make a complete fool of herself. She is irresponsible and needs to get her act together before she does herself some harm.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zb1 View Post
The only problem is Bekka is a psychological mess. I saw her at her dad's memorial service in Jan. 08 make a complete fool of herself. She is irresponsible and needs to get her act together before she does herself some harm.
From what I can gather, her father's death hit her pretty hard...
Old 05-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zb1 View Post
I know Bekka, Bonnie and knew Delaney very well...

Wow. If you do know the family as well as you say you do, then why would you post this? It seems incredibly disrespectful and downright rude to announce Bekka's personal problems on a fan forum. If you're so close with her and the family, then take your concerns up with her directly. Or have you even seen her in the last two years? If not, who are you to say anything of her present psychologic condition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
And so I'm not spamming this thread, yes, Bekka is amazing! Thanks to Vicky, I now know just how incredible she is. I have been playing her solo albums constantly, but the Bekka and Billy album is a current favorite

Speaking of that album - I know you loved "Through the Walls" - but what are your thoughts on Billy's contributions? I think "Heart to Call Home" is one of his best songs (ever).

Last edited by Miss Vicky; 05-22-2010 at 03:05 PM..
Old 05-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good grief, five pages here -- does that exceed the original poll in the Rumours Forum? Thumbs up for the poll choices listed!

Thanks for the great vids. I hate to admit I still haven't bought Time.
I'm not sorry to admit I didn't bother with the original (very predictable) poll in the other forum. All three voices are extraordinary. Bekka's voice has much more of a gospel sound than Stevie or Chris, but they're all uniquely recognizable and wonderful. And Homer if you refer to Stevie as a goat one more time I'm coming after you with my cane.

Also I wanted to say this, to StandbackStevie -- Please DON'T refer to your opinions or your posts as stupid. They aren't. There are no stupid fans here, just really really really really really really passionate ones. And passion's a beautiful thing isn't it?

Last edited by OldTimer; 05-22-2010 at 01:50 PM..
Old 05-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Good grief, five pages here -- does that exceed the original poll in the Rumours Forum? Thumbs up for the poll choices listed!

Thanks for the great vids. I hate to admit I still haven't bought Time.
I'm not sorry to admit I didn't bother with the original (very predictable) poll in the other forum. All three voices are extraordinary. Bekka's voice has much more of a gospel sound than Stevie or Chris, but they're all uniquely recognizable and wonderful. And Homer if you refer to Stevie as a goat one more time I'm coming after you with my cane.

Also I wanted to say this, to StandbackStevie -- Please DON'T refer to your opinions or your posts as stupid. They aren't. There are no stupid fans here, just really really really really really really passionate ones. And passion's a beautiful thing isn't it?
Thank you for saying that I really love all the era's and all the members of fleetwood mac right from the begining since 1967. Fleetwood Mac is my favorite band and always will be. I love all kinds of music and artists and bands. I do have all the albums and cd's of fleetwood mac's except for the Time cd will plan on getting that one and give it a listen I am sure its great will be looking forward to listening to it. I love my Stevie and Chris too.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
I hate to admit I still haven't bought Time.

This makes me sad.