The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They do sound good, but is it just me or does Jeff Lynne look like Lindsey around the White Album and Rumours?

Oh yeah, and Miranda, I love your new siggy.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 05-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
They do sound good, but is it just me or does Jeff Lynne look like Lindsey around the White Album and Rumours?

Oh yeah, and Miranda, I love your new siggy.
yeah i used to get them confused actually! LOL

and gracias!

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
yeah i used to get them confused actually! LOL

and gracias!
Oh yeah, and in the Traveling Wilburys vid, who's the clean-shaven guy with the long dark hair? I figured out Tom, Jeff, and Roy no-brainer, and i think I got Bob too. Is that George then, cause it doesn't sound like him?

Old 05-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh yeah, and in the Traveling Wilburys vid, who's the clean-shaven guy with the long dark hair? I figured out Tom, Jeff, and Roy no-brainer, and i think I got Bob too. Is that George then, cause it doesn't sound like him?
in End of The Line? yeah that's George

hehehe....Tom looks so sexy in that video.......

Old 05-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
in End of The Line? yeah that's George

hehehe....Tom looks so sexy in that video.......
I have trouble realizing tha was George right there, mostly cause I either picture him with a mop-top of with a beard, like in Abbey Road.

In the meantime, I have a huge question I must ask of you that many a FMac fan debate and have trouble answering: Rumours or Tusk?

Old 05-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have trouble realizing tha was George right there, mostly cause I either picture him with a mop-top of with a beard, like in Abbey Road.

In the meantime, I have a huge question I must ask of you that many a FMac fan debate and have trouble answering: Rumours or Tusk?
oh boy.....

ok well:

Rumours is the most well known sound of Fleetwood Mac: Go Your Own Way, Dreams, etc...

Tusk was EXPERIMENTAL and Lindsey was tapping into his inner punk with influences like the Clash and the Kinks.

Sometimes i will find that Rumours was just too overplayed on the radio and i listen to Tusk. It's such an underrated album, but musical GENIUS.

I won't answer the question which one i like better because it changes with my mood, personally, my favorite FM album is Say You Will....

hope that helped some!

Old 05-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh boy.....

ok well:

Rumours is the most well known sound of Fleetwood Mac: Go Your Own Way, Dreams, etc...

Tusk was EXPERIMENTAL and Lindsey was tapping into his inner punk with influences like the Clash and the Kinks.

Sometimes i will find that Rumours was just too overplayed on the radio and i listen to Tusk. It's such an underrated album, but musical GENIUS.

I won't answer the question which one i like better because it changes with my mood, personally, my favorite FM album is Say You Will....

hope that helped some!
It depends for me too. I absolutely love Rumours, but Tusk, in all it's oddness, kicks ass too and shows that Lindsey isn't just a hot singer-songwriter-guitarist, he's also a brilliant producer.

I actually have the same debate in regard to Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, and Pink Floyd. I absolutely love their most famous albums (IV, Abbey Road, Dark Side of the Moon), but I also dig big time their double albums (Physical Graffiti, the White Album, The Wall), so it's often a toss-up with those 4 bands in regard to those albums.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It depends for me too. I absolutely love Rumours, but Tusk, in all it's oddness, kicks ass too and shows that Lindsey isn't just a hot singer-songwriter-guitarist, he's also a brilliant producer.

I actually have the same debate in regard to Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, and Pink Floyd. I absolutely love their most famous albums (IV, Abbey Road, Dark Side of the Moon), but I also dig big time their double albums (Physical Graffiti, the White Album, The Wall), so it's often a toss-up with those 4 bands in regard to those albums.
for me:

Led: II or Physical Graffiti

PF: Wish You Were Here

Beatles: Magical Mystery Tour....if i HAD to, because i don't really like the Beatles...

Old 05-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'll answer this too. For me it's Tusk. Cause I love Oddball music.....And this appeals to my quirky sensibilities. I LOVE how chaotic and mish-mosh it is. I love rumours....But it's TO poppy and strait forward...If that makes sense

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 05-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

It's hard to say, because they are so different. As for Lindsey's songs, I go for Tusk. For Stevie and Chris songs, I say Rumours.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
It's hard to say, because they are so different. As for Lindsey's songs, I go for Tusk. For Stevie and Chris songs, I say Rumours.
I also gotta come out and say something: while Stevie has at least one great song an album, Tusk does have one of my faves from her, namely Sara. As for Chris, I think my faves from her are from Tango in the Night, namely Everywhere, Little Lies, and Isn't It Midnight. Of course, all 3 songwriters have great songs on every album.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I also gotta come out and say something: while Stevie has at least one great song an album, Tusk does have one of my faves from her, namely Sara. As for Chris, I think my faves from her are from Tango in the Night, namely Everywhere, Little Lies, and Isn't It Midnight. Of course, all 3 songwriters have great songs on every album.
I really like Stevie's songs on Tusk as well (esp. Angel and Sisters of the Moon). I guess I said Rumours for her because of Dreams and Gold Dust Woman. I don't like Dreams or GDW more than Angel or SOTM, but they are what I would call 'moment in time' songs. They were done when being famous was reasonably new to Stevie. She put more into them, and it shows. By the Tusk album/tour, she seemed used to fame and I felt her songs suffered a little for it.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I really like Stevie's songs on Tusk as well (esp. Angel and Sisters of the Moon). I guess I said Rumours for her because of Dreams and Gold Dust Woman. I don't like Dreams or GDW more than Angel or SOTM, but they are what I would call 'moment in time' songs. They were done when being famous was reasonably new to Stevie. She put more into them, and it shows. By the Tusk album/tour, she seemed used to fame and I felt her songs suffered a little for it.
TBH, I never found Stevie's song to really suffer in quality till when she got addicted to klonopin. Now that's when they started to get bad, but to me, every great songwriter has their ups and downs in terms of song quality.

Oh yeah, and I often found that, of her FMac material Rumours has my least favorite Stevie songs. I can't stand Dreams, Gold Dust Woman is better live (especially that 10 minute one from the Japan show), I'm not crazy for I Don't Want To Know, but I love Silver Springs and The Chain, but that's just me.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
TBH, I never found Stevie's song to really suffer in quality till when she got addicted to klonopin. Now that's when they started to get bad, but to me, every great songwriter has their ups and downs in terms of song quality.

Oh yeah, and I often found that, of her FMac material Rumours has my least favorite Stevie songs. I can't stand Dreams, Gold Dust Woman is better live (especially that 10 minute one from the Japan show), I'm not crazy for I Don't Want To Know, but I love Silver Springs and The Chain, but that's just me.
that's VERY interesting...just out of curiosity, because i don't know much about how well you know Stevie's solo music, have you ever listened to Street Angel? It's Stevie's worst selling album, and not many like it, but it's my FAVORITE (hence the username)... i think it'd be interesting to here your thoughts on that album.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that's VERY interesting...just out of curiosity, because i don't know much about how well you know Stevie's solo music, have you ever listened to Street Angel? It's Stevie's worst selling album, and not many like it, but it's my FAVORITE (hence the username)... i think it'd be interesting to here your thoughts on that album.
I'll be perfectly honest: I dunno any Stevie solo albums save for Bella Donna and Wild Heart, and those have a few songs I know and love. Sorry