User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, I'm not ashamed. Give me a serving of Fleetwood Mac and I won't need dinner first.

Michele
Well...

I guess I'm the only one who likes those boots. Granted, they'd be cuter with some pants tucked in and a blazer and possibly a riding crop-which no doubt she'd find some use for...-but, really, flat boots are IN. I love them. And yes they look awkward with a big, poofy dress but she may be starting a new trend with this look. Soon you'll see Sheryl Crow and Vanessa Carlton and all those other Stevie clingers sporting this style and may swallow these words. You never know...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 04-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It was a great concert.
To me, much, much, MUCH better than MSG.
I expected it to be, to tell you the truth. I think Stevie had a serious change in demeanor in the past two weeks and that was great. I was desperately hoping she'd be more animated and relax a bit more and enjoy herself and she did.

I was practically cheering when she and Lindsey did their little back to back thing. I'm almost positive it was before Silver Springs because, once she got back to her mic, I couldn't see her for a moment (amp was in my way...I was at the stage, too, but right in front of Lindsey) and I thought she was taking a moment to get into the spirit of the song because she had been laughing her head off a second before.

In any case, she was kind of warning him not to do whatever he had done (and it happened so fast, we don't exactly know what it was but it might have been some butt grabbing). He was teasing her and then leaned forward and said something to her and she was cracking up. I mean, seriously cracking up. It was a joy to see that smile. My camera had caused me so much trouble early on that I put it away after Sara and I was very annoyed that I didn't have it (but, thank you, Hejira, for the great pictures).

I loved the whole thing. Start to finish. If they were doing another leg closer to the summer, I think I'd be camped out at their collective feet.

I loved Silver Springs. It's such a highlight for me since I never saw them live until SYW--and they dumped the song very early on. The Dance version is what got me into the FM fold so I love seeing and hearing it live. It's fabulous. I know there was more interaction before but it's just fine now, too.
Sara was another standout of the evening. As was Storms. For Lindsey? Well, I have a total soft spot for Go Insane. Just singing along with the "Go, go, go, go's" makes me happy. And having him stand right over you and do the staring straight at you until you smile thing is always fun (especially when you're singing along to something and mess up the lyrics because he's doing that...)

We were also watching him in the dark. He watched Mick's performance but also was scanning the front row crowd, at one point, too.

I just had a great time. We only had one weird-o behind us somewhere (I never turned around to look) who kept shrieking that she wanted Lindsey's jacket--like he'd just take it off and throw it at her. Uh-huh) But, the one thing people on our side did was give everyone a very respectable amount of personal space. At MSG, there were bodies touching all over the place but it amazed me that, even at the end of the show, no one was pushing me into the stage. I mean, I expect it and don't care all that much as long as I can still breathe--but it was a pleasant change.

I love Philly, anyway. I've seen them individually and collectively in the Philadelphia area many times and the crowds are always so enthusiastic and warm.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

I was hoping that there would be tour books (esp. since there was a sign that said 'PROGRAMS', sadly, they were not there) They had circlular tambos for sale for 40 bucks. Not sure if that was new or not, but I've never heard about them before. I got a brown shirt with the band in front and the penguin logo they are using on the back. The hoodies are really nice, but I just couldn't spend 85 dollars on one. The woman in front of me spent 320 some dollars on Merchandise! We didn't even pay that much for 11th row!

Yep that was me. Good thing this wasn't years ago when i just handed the guy my Visa and said "I want one of everything you have." You might have passed out! Funny part is that I am, quite honestly, not kidding. I could probably wear a different Mac-related clothing item every day for over a year...
Old 04-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
They had circlular tambos for sale for 40 bucks. Not sure if that was new or not, but I've never heard about them before

wow! is this just me or is this a TERRIBLE idea?! I thought I remembered they were selling tambos at the beginning of the SYW tour and there were massive complaints of drunk people just going crazy on them during the show and totally disrupting the people around them. They either sold them or people smuggled them in. THey'd be banging them away at them, completely off and it would (inderstandably) annoy everyone around them. Either that or can you imagine the fights? lol, people getting hit in the head with tambos left and right! Not the best idea in my opinion. With my luck, that person will be RIGHT behind me, lol.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Well...

I guess I'm the only one who likes those boots. Granted, they'd be cuter with some pants tucked in and a blazer and possibly a riding crop-which no doubt she'd find some use for...-but, really, flat boots are IN. I love them. And yes they look awkward with a big, poofy dress but she may be starting a new trend with this look. Soon you'll see Sheryl Crow and Vanessa Carlton and all those other Stevie clingers sporting this style and may swallow these words. You never know...
I like them too! I'm a stylist and these were FLYING out of every store all over the country for the past few months--it was almost impossible to find them, lol! I agree with you, they'd probably be better with jeans or a more casual dress but you never know! She could make them work! Frankly, if she put these on a few songs a night to take a break from the platforms (which I equally love!) every once and awhile, I'm ok with it. Especially if it puts and keeps her in a good mood!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Well, thanks to you, my ears aren't ringing- I guess you muffled the sound for me. I was right in front of the speaker at Nassau and I swear I thought I was never going to get my hearing back... but it was back to normal after a few days.

Can someone please explain to me why she changes into those fug flat Santa Claus boots for "I'm So Afraid," in which she literally sings two words? She's wearing the same dress and sleeves... so why does she bother to change into those things for just this one song? It's not like she's dancing around or anything...
OMG..I was frickin' there and I didn't see those things!! Yikes! In fact, I had to keep going on my tippee toes to see what footwear she had on. It does seem like an unnecessary change.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
It was a great concert.
I expected it to be, to tell you the truth. I think Stevie had a serious change in demeanor in the past two weeks and that was great. I was desperately hoping she'd be more animated and relax a bit more and enjoy herself and she did.

I was practically cheering when she and Lindsey did their little back to back thing. I'm almost positive it was before Silver Springs because, once she got back to her mic, I couldn't see her for a moment (amp was in my way...I was at the stage, too, but right in front of Lindsey) and I thought she was taking a moment to get into the spirit of the song because she had been laughing her head off a second before.

In any case, she was kind of warning him not to do whatever he had done (and it happened so fast, we don't exactly know what it was but it might have been some butt grabbing). He was teasing her and then leaned forward and said something to her and she was cracking up. I mean, seriously cracking up. It was a joy to see that smile. My camera had caused me so much trouble early on that I put it away after Sara and I was very annoyed that I didn't have it (but, thank you, Hejira, for the great pictures).

I loved the whole thing. Start to finish. If they were doing another leg closer to the summer, I think I'd be camped out at their collective feet.

I loved Silver Springs. It's such a highlight for me since I never saw them live until SYW--and they dumped the song very early on. The Dance version is what got me into the FM fold so I love seeing and hearing it live. It's fabulous. I know there was more interaction before but it's just fine now, too.
Sara was another standout of the evening. As was Storms. For Lindsey? Well, I have a total soft spot for Go Insane. Just singing along with the "Go, go, go, go's" makes me happy. And having him stand right over you and do the staring straight at you until you smile thing is always fun (especially when you're singing along to something and mess up the lyrics because he's doing that...)

We were also watching him in the dark. He watched Mick's performance but also was scanning the front row crowd, at one point, too.

I just had a great time. We only had one weird-o behind us somewhere (I never turned around to look) who kept shrieking that she wanted Lindsey's jacket--like he'd just take it off and throw it at her. Uh-huh) But, the one thing people on our side did was give everyone a very respectable amount of personal space. At MSG, there were bodies touching all over the place but it amazed me that, even at the end of the show, no one was pushing me into the stage. I mean, I expect it and don't care all that much as long as I can still breathe--but it was a pleasant change.

I love Philly, anyway. I've seen them individually and collectively in the Philadelphia area many times and the crowds are always so enthusiastic and warm.
While I think some of the play is scripted between Stevie & Lindsey, I think what he did there with the back to back thing wasn't. My husband & I just kind of looked at each other. I can't say what my husband said about it later , but I think Stevie was a little surprised. I got a couple of pictures of the aftermath, her really laughing at whatever he said to her, whatever it was, really cracked her up & Mick was back there laughing,too.

Yeah I loved the whole show from start to finish, too. And I'm glad that I was closer than the last show (Row 16 on the floor). Nice to just have to use my glasses & not binoculars.

For the most part, the audience was well-behaved, I thought. The people around us were friendly, but had some annoying things they did, but all in all, something you have to put up with I guess.

Lee
Old 04-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
total bull****! The entire show was awesome. This guy needs to get his head out of his ass

You are entirely correct, the show is awesome. However I do agree with her on one thing, Why is Stevie's mic turned down so low for the first couple of songs? I noticed that at all four shows I attended. Her harmonies on Monday Morning and The Chain are not audible at all. The sound guy has to notice this.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
While I think some of the play is scripted between Stevie & Lindsey, I think what he did there with the back to back thing wasn't. My husband & I just kind of looked at each other. I can't say what my husband said about it later , but I think Stevie was a little surprised. I got a couple of pictures of the aftermath, her really laughing at whatever he said to her, whatever it was, really cracked her up & Mick was back there laughing,too.

Yeah I loved the whole show from start to finish, too. And I'm glad that I was closer than the last show (Row 16 on the floor). Nice to just have to use my glasses & not binoculars.

For the most part, the audience was well-behaved, I thought. The people around us were friendly, but had some annoying things they did, but all in all, something you have to put up with I guess.

Lee

Oh, I agree. I don't think that was scripted at all. I was looking right at them and you could see Lindsey and his little "the devil made me do it" smile and Stevie looking somewhat shocked and then he was leaning in and said whatever he said and she was genuinely amused (to say the least).

I've seen scripted and even "spontaneous" scripted. This was not it;-)

(we need to see those pictures, Lee! hint. hint.)
Old 04-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
It was a great concert.
I was thinking that after their break, they'd be tense and a little stiff, but I'm so glad to hear that was not the case at all. It sounds like they just got right back into the swing of things and then some!

I love to watch Lindsey sitting over in the corner during Mick's World Turning spot. Michele
Old 04-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel69 View Post
You are entirely correct, the show is awesome. However I do agree with her on one thing, Why is Stevie's mic turned down so low for the first couple of songs? I noticed that at all four shows I attended. Her harmonies on Monday Morning and The Chain are not audible at all. The sound guy has to notice this.
Right, I could hear her on The Chain, but from day one, even though her lips are moving, I could hardly make her out on Monday Morning and this has gone on throughout the tour. What's the deal? The sound guy must know it and she must know it?

Michele
Old 04-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Philadelphia Inquirer Review

April 17, 2009

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/magaz...ia_Center.html

Fleetwood Mac at Wachovia Center
By Sam Adams

For The Inquirer

Early in Fleetwood Mac's show at the Wachovia Center Wednesday night, Lindsey Buckingham dropped a reference to the "convoluted emotional history" that spawned many of the band's best songs.
Rumours (1977), one of the best-selling albums of all time (and, given the state of the music industry, likely to remain so in perpetuity), was famously inspired by the simultaneous dissolution of the relationship between Buckingham and his then-girlfriend Stevie Nicks and the marriage of John and Christine McVie. Songs like "Go Your Own Way" and "Second Hand News" are more exultant than morose, but their slick surfaces are studded with spikes.

Wednesday's show, though, was all surface.

Supplemented by three backing singers and two guitarists who stood to the side and in the shadow, the core quartet of Buckingham, Nicks, John McVie, and drummer Mick Fleetwood rolled comfortably through a selection of their greatest hits. (Christine McVie left the band a decade ago.)

With 14 years elapsed since their last studio album, there was nothing to add to their repertoire, and only a handful of surprises in the set list: "I Know I'm Not Wrong," from the overreaching Tusk, and "Oh Well," reworked from the band's first incarnation as a British blues act.

Buckingham put on the semblance of a show, grunting and grimacing his way through a solo version of "Big Love," and frequently sounding out of breath, as if he'd just bounded on stage after running a few laps.

But his posture seemed dictated more by pose than passion. Buckingham is a true pop visionary, but he's also plainly enamored of his mad-scientist image, and prone to displaying his formidable guitar technique at excruciating length. Part of what makes "The Chain" and "Never Going Back Again" thrilling in their original versions is the way Buckingham's flourishes poke through the songs' watertight structures. Nowadays, his bandmates seem uninterested in reining him in.

Nicks seemed content to go through the motions, which didn't much faze the crowd; it's hard to think of another performer who could draw cheers just by spinning in a lazy circle.

Fleetwood and McVie stuck to the background, anchoring the songs without much in the way of flash. Fleetwood demonstrated both power and (with the exception of an ill-advised drum solo) grace, providing the kind of excitement his colleagues at the front of the stage couldn't quite seem to manage.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey! HejiraNYC wrote this!

Old 04-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Hey! HejiraNYC wrote this!

Hey, I resemble that remark!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
total bull****! The entire show was awesome. This guy needs to get his head out of his ass
ITA, but I did wonder there a few times why I couldn't really hear Stevie. I had said to my husband before the show started that I never saw them test the mics. Usually that's the first thing they test. They tested the instruments.

Lee