Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Those aren't opinions, it's medical data. Sorry you disagree. I can provide links if you'd like, in addition to my experience as a medical professional. All I was trying to do is assure you that Stevie wouldn't be ruined, or "no more," or even out of commission for very long if she does ever need a hip replacement. Sorry that my reassurance has upset you.
i have to agree w/ you on ths skin~ my step-ma had a hip replacement not to long ago & it was 6-8 weeks before she was what we would call "normal"~ & she is around stevie's age~ & i am sure as my stepma did stevie would have some sort of physical therapy to help her get back into the swing of things~ & it's been about 4 months & my stepma is just as good as new, i don't see any effects of the surgery affecting her in anyways, & she is always on the go, go, go~
Old 03-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
But then you're talking to a girl who owns only two pairs of high heels so what do I know. I think I missed out on the shoe fetish gene that most women (and men too by the looks of it) seem to have.
I didn't get the gene either, Sharon. I don't own any high heels. The highest "heel" I own is my pair of "Stevie boots" which are about 2 inches, I would say. Of course, the heel is thick and I only wear them rarely. No stillettos for me. I value my legs and veins. LOL
Old 03-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
About 6-8 weeks. Unless the person is elderly or in very poor health, it's not that big a deal anymore & hasn't been for some time. People are up walking within 1-2 days, home in 2-3 days & resuming most normal activity within 6 weeks. Stevie's 60, not 90.

High kicks? Probably not. Dancing around the stage like she does now? Absolutely, withing a few months post-op. I think the world could deal with "no Stevie Nicks!" for that amount of time, don't you?
Your information is accurate, of course. However, there are those times when recovery takes longer. I speak from personal experience, and I wish that you could accept that. Not everyone falls into that simple set of medical data. You, nor I, know the extent of Stevie's medical conditions. No one, but Stevie knows that. It would be impossible for her to ever go back to high kicks, and Charlestons. That is the truth. Sorry, but the 1975-1986 Stevie is gone. In her place is a woman who is tired and is doing her best.

As a dancer, myself, I am only 25 and my joints, muscles, and bones are no longer what they once were. I could only imagine what 35 more years would do to me.

She no longer wears her, "boots all summer long" anymore. We can no longer look to her and ask that of her.

This thread is almost silly. No one knows her personally, or has any medical information about her. So why go on any further?
Old 03-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennation View Post
Sorry, but the 1975-1986 Stevie is gone. In her place is a woman who is tired and is doing her best.
Eh, she's 60, she's not dying.

I'm sure the Diva we know and love would pack it in anytime she was doing nothing more than "her best" or struggling in anyway for that matter. And sh'ed have good reason, of course. Afterall shes been performing for what, 55 years now?

But come on, I do not regard those recent performances as done by a woman who is "tired and doing her best"... I don't buy that for a sec.

Even If
I Never
Hold You..
Again..
Old 03-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigYourGrave View Post
But come on, I do not regard those recent performances as done by a woman who is "tired and doing her best"... I don't buy that for a sec.
So... you don't think she's doing her best? Cause there is this thing in the back of my mind that says she is holding back, right now. I do know she is tired. I saw it in her face. I was right up next to that woman and she seemed tired. She was having fun, but time has taken it's toll.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This thread is almost silly. No one knows her personally, or has any medical information about her. So why go on any further?
I was just thinking the exact same thing. None of us know her condition and for that matter, why is everyone so convinced the woman is suffering? She certainly did not give that appearance in Chicago. Maybe these moments of (assumed) pain some people say they're witnessing are nothing more than a migraine, upset stomach, or any other everyday ailment. Hell, maybe the woman had some taquitos before the show and is suffering from indigestion?

Do you honestly think Stevie wears the real boots (supposedly submitting herself to some extreme torture by some folks account) for the last couple tours just to please us? I highly doubt it. I think it's pretty apparent that this woman does whatever the hell she wants to. And yes, I do care what she wears on here feet. I love the trademark platforms and I honestly do not think she looks right in anything else, but it would not deter me from going to see her in concert if she did not wear them. (I've only been seeing Stevie since '98, during which time she has not worn her boots very often.)
That's just my opinion and I would never hold it against Stevie for ditching them in favor of more comfortable shoes. I think she looked more uncomfortable in the ankle boots than anything!
Old 03-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do know she is tired. I saw it in her face. I was right up next to that woman and she seemed tired. She was having fun, but time has taken it's toll.
So...you know for a fact that she was tired?

I'm not saying that she is not tired, but IMO her "tired" looking face is due more to the things she done to stay looking young. She's admitted to having Botox...maybe her face is just frozen in time! Even when she smiles these day her face does not move like it should. Watch some interview clips from '97-'98...Stevie looked much older back then so she must have had something done since.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Well, you're right David, the Reeboks are ugly and she could most probably find something attractive and comfortable but personally I'd prefer her to wear those ugly old things and be happy than look divine and be unable to move all night. But then you're talking to a girl who owns only two pairs of high heels so what do I know. I think I missed out on the shoe fetish gene that most women (and men too by the looks of it) seem to have.
I always thought that she looked more wobbly in the frankenboots then the platforms.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I do know she is tired. I saw it in her face. I was right up next to that woman and she seemed tired. She was having fun, but time has taken it's toll.
It's called getting older young fella, she's not necessarily tired, she may be tired looking, but that just comes with age. It gets to a certain point in your life where it doesn't matter what you do, you can eat the right stuff, get the right amount of rest, do all the exercise necessary etc etc, and still look like you are somewhat tired. That's partly why people end up getting those eye lifts, brow lifts & face lifts and all that crap... to brighten up their appearance.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
It's called getting older young fella, she's not necessarily tired, she may be tired looking, but that just comes with age. It gets to a certain point in your life where it doesn't matter what you do, you can eat the right stuff, get the right amount of rest, do all the exercise necessary etc etc, and still look like you are somewhat tired.
Man I'll tell ya ... that describes me to a T! Pooped out nonetheless at my advanced age.

Quote:
That's partly why people end up getting those eye lifts, brow lifts & face lifts and all that crap... to brighten up their appearance.
I haven't done that yet.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
It's called getting older young fella, she's not necessarily tired, she may be tired looking, but that just comes with age. It gets to a certain point in your life where it doesn't matter what you do, you can eat the right stuff, get the right amount of rest, do all the exercise necessary etc etc, and still look like you are somewhat tired. That's partly why people end up getting those eye lifts, brow lifts & face lifts and all that crap... to brighten up their appearance.
Easy killer... LOL She was visibly tired. I could see it in her eyes. I could hear it in her voice. The band was struck by lightining (in their plane...) before our show, so I am sure she was a little stressed, as well. BUT YES... The woman seemed very tired. It takes a while for your body to adjust to the constant travel and physical exertions. When I traveled a lot I did the same thing. I was eating as best I could and doing what little yoga possible, but I was just drained, for the first couple of months. Living out of a suitcase took what was owed to it, big time.

Would I still be doing it at her age? Probably, but I would be TIRED!!! LOL

Last edited by kennation; 03-17-2009 at 09:11 PM..
Old 03-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

^I'm impressed at your wealth of knowledge, Mr. Nation
Old 03-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

CHRISTINE:

"Stevie's a show woman and she loves it. I'm the keyboard player, which keeps me out of the limelight. I enjoy it because I'm not an extrovert. Nobody contrived for Stevie to be a foxy chick. It just emerged. She moves and dances purely because she likes dancing. But she has a split personality. Onstage she's the goddess of whatever, but offstage she's very often like a little old lady with a cold or a sore throat. Yet she's amazing ~ she can feel like **** before she goes onstage but then she goes out there and pulls out all the stops."

Crawdaddy Magazine, 1976
Old 03-17-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
CHRISTINE:

"Stevie's a show woman and she loves it. I'm the keyboard player, which keeps me out of the limelight. I enjoy it because I'm not an extrovert. Nobody contrived for Stevie to be a foxy chick. It just emerged. She moves and dances purely because she likes dancing. But she has a split personality. Onstage she's the goddess of whatever, but offstage she's very often like a little old lady with a cold or a sore throat. Yet she's amazing ~ she can feel like **** before she goes onstage but then she goes out there and pulls out all the stops."

Crawdaddy Magazine, 1976
Awesome!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So... you don't think she's doing her best? Cause there is this thing in the back of my mind that says she is holding back, right now. I do know she is tired. I saw it in her face. I was right up next to that woman and she seemed tired. She was having fun, but time has taken it's toll.
Her eyes look extremely heavy but fatigue is only one possibility. Weed is another.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey