Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Obama v. McCain: Moved from LB Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
considering the polling data, you may have insomnia for quite a while!
the last poll I saw had quite astoundingly ..overseas people in the military supporting Obama 6to1!! not a good sign for gramps I'd say.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
the last poll I saw had quite astoundingly ..overseas people in the military supporting Obama 6to1!! not a good sign for gramps I'd say.
Maybe the overseas votes will come in with some defect and the R party will argue they are not to be counted. See http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...54c0a9679c8b63 (2000 Election - "Under intense pressure from the Republicans, Florida officials accepted hundreds of overseas absentee ballots that failed to comply with state laws . . . . The flawed votes included ballots without postmarks, ballots postmarked after the election, ballots without witness signatures, ballots mailed from towns and cities within the United States and even ballots from voters who voted twice. All would have been disqualified had the state's election laws been strictly enforced . . . . The effectiveness of the Republican effort is demonstrated by striking disparities in how different counties treated ballots with similar defects. For instance, counties carried by Mr. Gore accepted 2 in 10 ballots that had no evidence they were mailed on or before Election Day. Counties carried by Mr. Bush accepted 6 in 10 of the same kinds of ballots. Bush counties were four times as likely as Gore counties to count ballots lacking witness signatures and addresses . . . . The unequal treatment of these ballots is at odds with statements by Bush campaign leaders and by the Florida secretary of state, Katherine Harris, that rules should be applied uniformly and certainly not changed in the middle of a contested election. It also conflicts with the equal protection guarantee that the United States Supreme Court invoked in December when it halted a statewide manual recount and effectively handed Florida to Mr. Bush.") Wouldn't the irony be staggering?

On topic - I like GOS.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 08-19-2008 at 05:36 AM..
Old 08-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Maybe the overseas votes will come in with some defect and the R party will argue they are not to be counted. See http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...54c0a9679c8b63 (2000 Election - "Under intense pressure from the Republicans, Florida officials accepted hundreds of overseas absentee ballots that failed to comply with state laws . . . . The flawed votes included ballots without postmarks, ballots postmarked after the election, ballots without witness signatures, ballots mailed from towns and cities within the United States and even ballots from voters who voted twice. All would have been disqualified had the state's election laws been strictly enforced . . . . The effectiveness of the Republican effort is demonstrated by striking disparities in how different counties treated ballots with similar defects. For instance, counties carried by Mr. Gore accepted 2 in 10 ballots that had no evidence they were mailed on or before Election Day. Counties carried by Mr. Bush accepted 6 in 10 of the same kinds of ballots. Bush counties were four times as likely as Gore counties to count ballots lacking witness signatures and addresses . . . . The unequal treatment of these ballots is at odds with statements by Bush campaign leaders and by the Florida secretary of state, Katherine Harris, that rules should be applied uniformly and certainly not changed in the middle of a contested election. It also conflicts with the equal protection guarantee that the United States Supreme Court invoked in December when it halted a statewide manual recount and effectively handed Florida to Mr. Bush.") Wouldn't the irony be staggering?

On topic - I like GOS.
Another bozo! Al Gore in 2000 actually filed a motion to suppress overseas voting. Here's a link to a Washington Times article mentioning this. http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/algores.htm I've already posted the links to articles on media studies that show that Bush won the recounts and would have won by a greater margin had Al Gore won his motion. Go check "chit-chat" and you'll find it there. But then again, I actually pay attention to something besides left wing blogs. The only place I could find your polling data were the far left wing blogs akin to the Warcraft sites that people read in the darkness of their mother's basements. If that were actually true the left-leaning mainstream media would have been all over it and they haven't reported it, because it isn't true.

The only poll to have predicted any of the last few elections correctly was Rasmussen, which shows Obama and McCain neck and neck, with each ahead within the margin of error from time to time. The fact that a leftover from the 2000 election is running this close to a guy who the media has coronated as emperor of our souls shows the weakness of the candidate, especially in a year when the Democrats had been handed the presidency on a silver platter. "The answer to that question is above my paygrade..." What a joke.

Last edited by ajmccarrell; 08-19-2008 at 12:27 PM..
Old 08-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . Al Gore in 2000 actually filed a motion to suppress overseas voting . . . .
You missed the point, which was the R's advocated a strict application of the rules in one venue and then advocated a lax application of the rules in another. No surprise to see this suited their needs and it their typical BS hypocrisy.

I think if the military ballots do not comply with the FL or any other states' law, they should not be counted. I thought that then and I think it now. So, Gore's Motion was correct in the eyes of the law.

And, stop saying W won the recounts in Fl. There is no evidence to support that. See the 1,000 other threads on this topic.

Back to the topic at hand, I rather like "Did You Miss Me" - the live version recently payed was good.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And, stop saying W won the recounts in Fl. There is no evidence to support that. See the 1,000 other threads on this topic.
God knows we wrote a virtual encyclopedia on that argument. Oh and by the way, I will cede your point that Gore fukced up by not asking for a statewide recount. It seems my source wasn't right about that.
Why was this posted in the Lindsey forum?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Here's a link to a Washington Times article mentioning this. http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/algores.htm
The Moony Times is not a credible news source.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
God knows we wrote a virtual encyclopedia on that argument.
I know

Quote:
Oh and by the way, I will cede your point that Gore fukced up by not asking for a statewide recount. It seems my source wasn't right about that.
Aren't I always right

Quote:
Why was this posted in the Lindsey forum?
Lord Child - the infidels were in the LB forum

Old 08-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Aren't I always right :
Sigh. Yes. I should know better.

Quote:
Lord Child - the infidels were in the LB forum
Woo woo!
Old 08-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Moony Times is not a credible news source.
I know. Once again, notice how he does not comment on the R's tactics, which are, at best shady. He instead points to something else that is related, but not contrary - I think in an attempt not to have to defend the R's actions, which are indefensible.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Not surprising. I work indirectly for the Air Force, via a private defense contractor, and the military support for Obama is overwhelming.