User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
That's absolutely amazing. I'm so happy to hear that. My stepdaughter and I are really close like that.
yeah. I really love my mom.
I think that if all the kids my age had relationships with their parents like I do with my mom, then kids wouldnt be so mean.

I think that the kids who are mean at school are just mean to get attention, because they dont get it at home
Old 11-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
yeah. I really love my mom.
I think that if all the kids my age had relationships with their parents like I do with my mom, then kids wouldnt be so mean.

I think that the kids who are mean at school are just mean to get attention, because they dont get it at home
And there are lots of other things they do to get attention, too, because they're not getting any at home. Trust me, I've seen the difference in someone since she's moved in.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
thanks for the nice comments guys. you're sweet.

i just feel bad because of my mom though... she's the really sweet, emotional type. i know she wants to be hugged and all that stuff.. i just can't do it. i pick up my little dog to give her a hug, and my mom is like... "everyone likes the dog more than me." that makes me feel bad.. but a little dog is different, i think. not that a mother isn't unconditional love.. baaahh.. i don't know. i write her cards for her birthday and mother's day to tell her that i love her and i'm sorry that i'm not as sweet.. but i still feel like a bad daughter almost all of the time. (especially since my sister has always been perfect, perfect, perfect. eyerolllllllll.)
You'll regret all that non-hugging. Its the "stupid" things like that that you remember when they're gone.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
You'll regret all that non-hugging. Its the "stupid" things like that that you remember when they're gone.
Thanks for wrapping it up into a nice little package with a stupid little bow on top for me. Eff off.

Last edited by Sarah; 11-15-2007 at 11:39 AM..
Old 11-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stupid, eh? Okay.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't really have the energy to go way into my family structure, but my immediate family is my mom, dad and younger brother.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for wrapping it up into a nice little package with a stupid little bow on top for me. Eff off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Stupid, eh? Okay.
Yeah, he has such an eloquent way of putting things....
Old 11-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Its true! Dont be so cold hearted.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
Yeah, he has such an eloquent way of putting things....
If eloquent was a requirement to be on these boards, I dont think any of us would be here (with the exception of ChiliD) HA!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Seriously?

Are you serious?

Save your fairy-tale bull**** for someone who gives a damn about your judgement. I certainly don't. And I don't appreciate you acting like you know me. The offer still stands. **** off. That **** just made me angry.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Seriously?

Are you serious?

Save your fairy-tale bull**** for someone who gives a damn about your judgement. I certainly don't. And I don't appreciate you acting like you know me. The offer still stands. **** off. That **** just made me angry.
No, frankly I wasnt really being that serious. I WAS joking around with you, with about 20% truth behind it...but you seem to want me to change tone by your bitchy response so I'll indulge.

Fairy tale bull**** huh? It was really more me trying to point out a better way to behave in your situation that, frankly, doesnt SEEM so bad. My dad died in Aug 2006. All the "stupid" things I was referring to are the silly things that dont mean a damn to anyone else. Thats the stuff I remember the most.

I wasnt judging you, Sarah. You said you felt sorry for your mother cause she needs to be hugged, but you cant bring yourself to give her that attention. Sounds like a selfish way to behave to me...but I didnt say that, you said it yourself. I'd say "cold hearted" was a decent assumption based on what you said. Again, it was mostly in jest.

And no, I dont know you. Sorry to have responded to the topic you started, in a manner that didnt make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Lighten up.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't even find the right words to respond to this BS.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, frankly I wasnt really being that serious. I WAS joking around with you, with about 20% truth behind it...but you seem to want me to change tone by your bitchy response so I'll indulge.

Fairy tale bull**** huh? It was really more me trying to point out a better way to behave in your situation that, frankly, doesnt SEEM so bad. My dad died in Aug 2006. All the "stupid" things I was referring to are the silly things that dont mean a damn to anyone else. Thats the stuff I remember the most.

I wasnt judging you, Sarah. You said you felt sorry for your mother cause she needs to be hugged, but you cant bring yourself to give her that attention. Sounds like a selfish way to behave to me...but I didnt say that, you said it yourself. I'd say "cold hearted" was a decent assumption based on what you said. Again, it was mostly in jest.

And no, I dont know you. Sorry to have responded to the topic you started, in a manner that didnt make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Lighten up.
Not everyone's family experiences are the same, which is strongly evidenced by this thread, right? Losing a close family member at a young age brings out a lot of guilt and also a bit of resentment to those who don't seem to be appreciating what they have. I understand this because I lost my father when I was 17 and I do remember feeling that way. That being said, Sarah's feelings and experiences are her own. Maybe if you had said "silly" instead of "stupid", she would have interpreted it differently.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Whatever, dude. Nice backtrack.

You decided to pick one little sentence out of a very long post and basically call me stupid. Some people may be able to pick out a bit of humor that you act like you were implying, but I don't. And even if I could pull it out, it still wouldn't be funny. So yet again you've managed to post in a way that makes you sound like a judgemental ass. And I don't play that noise. I don't play it in person and I don't play it online.

I said quite clearly that I wish I could bring myself to hug them more often, and that I feel bad that I can't. BUT I CAN'T. Do you not think this is some **** that I've thought about for, oh, say, an entire lifetime? Do you think you can come along and just tell me how it is... like you can teach me to be warm? No. You can't. You don't have to come along like a little twirp with what you think is some super sage advice and try to make me feel guilty. Then, when it blows up in your face, you don't have to hang yourself up on a cross so you can act like you're trying to save me from my bitchy self.

And you know, I'm sorry that your dad died, but it doesn't make a damn bit of difference to my situation. It's not like a hug doesn't work both ways, and neither of my parents are exactly jumping at the bit to give me one, either.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Whatever, dude. Nice backtrack.

You decided to pick one little sentence out of a very long post and basically call me stupid. Some people may be able to pick out a bit of humor that you act like you were implying, but I don't. And even if I could pull it out, it still wouldn't be funny. So yet again you've managed to post in a way that makes you sound like a judgemental ass. And I don't play that noise. I don't play it in person and I don't play it online.

I said quite clearly that I wish I could bring myself to hug them more often, and that I feel bad that I can't. BUT I CAN'T. Do you not think this is some **** that I've thought about for, oh, say, an entire lifetime? Do you think you can come along and just tell me how it is... like you can teach me to be warm? No. You can't. You don't have to come along like a little twirp with what you think is some super sage advice and try to make me feel guilty. Then, when it blows up in your face, you don't have to hang yourself up on a cross so you can act like you're trying to save me from my bitchy self.

And you know, I'm sorry that your dad died, but it doesn't make a damn bit of difference to my situation. It's not like a hug doesn't work both ways, and neither of my parents are exactly jumping at the bit to give me one, either.
Right. I cant explain it any more simpler than I already did. Judgemental or not, its just my opinion. Sorry to have ruffled your feathers. What do you care so much what I think of you? You couldve just as easily ignored my comments.

But since you seem to "know me" just as much as I know you...you think that I've all the time in the free world to come on here and pass the time by being judgemental?? Further proof some of you dont understand me at all. I'm the least judgemental person in the world.

You know what? I'll hang myself on the cross now. You win. I'm an ass. Now I'll go get high and shirk responsibility.