Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Registered

Default Live in Boston Vol. 1, 2, 3

I have seen Live in Boston vol. 1 and 2 and am considering buying them.

I was reading the reviews on Amazon.com of Live in Boston vol. 2.

The reviewer mentions ?????????? Volume 3 ???????????

Anybody have it? And how accurate would you say this review is?

======================================================
From Amazon.com

5 of 5 people found the following review helpful:
BOSTON TEA PARTY!, June 7, 2005
By tomorrow music (Berlin, Germany) - See all my reviews

This Album, together with LIVE IN BOSTON VOL.1 and VOL.3, contains most of the tracks originally intended for release as a live album by Fleetwood Mac. This was one of a number of projects curtailed by the sudden departure from the band of Peter Green in April 1970. The recording was done at the Tea Party Club in Boston whilst the band was on it's second American tour in 1969.
Of particular interest in this set are the rock'n roll cuts ("Keep A Knocking" and "Jenny Jenny" on VOL.2, "Great Balls Of Fire" and "Tutti Frutti" on VOL.3) performed by 'Earl Vince & the Valiants' - a pseudonym for a gold lamé suited Mac fronted by Jeremy Spencer - and a tongue-in-cheek tribute to their rock forebears. Contrasted with this are the straight Chicago style blues that were the band's hallmark ("Madison Blues" and "Got To Move" on VOL.3, "Red Hot Mama" and "The Sun Is Shining" on VOL.2) highlighted by some of Peter Green's last and greatest songs ("Oh Well" and "Rattlesnake Shake" on VOL.2, "Green Manalishi" on VOL.1) with Fleetwood Mac. Highly recommended!
Old 07-29-2007, 03:31 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Live in Boston Vol.1 and Vol.2

I have Vol.1 and Vol.2 and would recommend them both. The sound quality is really good and performances are outstanding. There are some great extended jams on Rattlesnake Shake and Green Manalishi as well as the great Encore Jam on Vol.2. Overall the band sounds good and in fine form, a must have recording of Peter Green era Mac. I can't comment on Vol.3.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Buy all three of them. They'll rock your socks off. And vol.3 is only even worth it for the punk-avant-la-lettre-version of the R&R-classic Tutti Frutti. Ramones eat your heart out.

BTW, welcome to the ledge Forza!

Old 07-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered

^^^

Got any ideas how I can find Vol. 3? It isn't on Amazon or Ebay. Do you guys have it readily available in music stores over there in Europe?
Old 07-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Dee View Post
^^^

Got any ideas how I can find Vol. 3? It isn't on Amazon or Ebay. Do you guys have it readily available in music stores over there in Europe?
Hmmm, I own them from the day they came out. I'll watch out for you the next time in my local record store...in a few days.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^^^

Just checked on Amazon:
For the 3-CD box set:
http://www.amazon.com/Live-Boston-Te...n=5174&s=music
For just part 3:
http://www.amazon.com/Live-Boston-Te.../dp/B0000457AS

Good luck
Old 07-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Registered

Thank you for the posts Shackin' up & Wouter --

I followed the Amazon link and for the 3 CD set, the cost is $89 - $119 used. $86 for vol. 3 all by itself..

These are a bit high for my budget. (OK, so I am used to free music....)

I found Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 on Ebay. Is Vol. 3 not to be missed? Is it worth $86 by itself?

One more request of the guy from the Bemmel Lowlands.....let me know if you find a vol. 3 in your area, in a music store....in the Lowlands... And how much they want for vol. 3...

Last edited by Tee Dee; 07-29-2007 at 10:11 PM..
Old 07-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you for the posts Shackin' up & Wouter --

I followed the Amazon link and for the 3 CD set, the cost is $89 - $119 used. $86 for vol. 3 all by itself..

These are a bit high for my budget. (OK, so I am used to free music....)

I found Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 on Ebay. Is Vol. 3 not to be missed? Is it worth $86 by itself?

One more request of the guy from the Bemmel Lowlands.....let me know if you find a vol. 3 in your area, in a music store....in the Lowlands... And how much they want for vol. 3...
I can't believe this price. Put it on hold for a few days. I'll watch out!

Old 08-02-2007, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry TeeDee,

couldn't find it anymore in the local store. I'm sure I saw it not long ago, but I'll keep my eyes open for you. Maybe it's out of order since they put them together as a box.....

Old 08-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Sorry TeeDee,

couldn't find it anymore in the local store. I'm sure I saw it not long ago, but I'll keep my eyes open for you. Maybe it's out of order since they put them together as a box.....

Hey Man...

Thanks for going to the trouble to look for me. I have gotten a couple PM's that I am going to explore. I really wanna hear this music. I have a better understanding of the Mac before the Rumours line-up and find this music very pleasing to the ear...

I am glad that compilations exist. Though I had heard of the original Fleetwood Mac, I never really noticed the Jeremy Spencer contributions, so it is intriguing to discover his playing and this era of music.....instead of the overplayed Rumours stuff.

T.D.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Registered

Default Jeremy the Feisty Bobcat

I just got Vol. 3 through a kind soul, who used to be from the state of Florida and now resides in Europe... (sorry, I had to get that in there!) ... and YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!

Anyhow this person sent me Vol. 3 through a zip file and man, I have never mowed the lawn like I did listening to that! My mom was suprised at how *congenial* I have been lately... I put my airplane pilot earphones on (they cost me like $70 but are great!) and I mow our hell's half acre and put my mind to good use - listening to Fleetwood Mac.

Anyhow, I love Jeremy Spencer...wow....what a little feisty bobcat....! I loved the song Tiger.

Can anybody recommend more stuff to me? (We bought Vol. 1 & 2 off of Ebay from some CD Seller....who will hopefully come through for us....but we have been burned off Ebay in the past.)

I feel like Columbus discovering a new World...Fleetwood Mac before Buckingham/Nicks.

Thanks guys

Last edited by Tee Dee; 08-08-2007 at 10:38 AM..
Old 08-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have seen Live in Boston vol. 1 and 2 and am considering buying them.

I was reading the reviews on Amazon.com of Live in Boston vol. 2.

The reviewer mentions ?????????? Volume 3 ???????????

Anybody have it? And how accurate would you say this review is?

======================================================
From Amazon.com

5 of 5 people found the following review helpful:
BOSTON TEA PARTY!, June 7, 2005
By tomorrow music (Berlin, Germany) - See all my reviews

This Album, together with LIVE IN BOSTON VOL.1 and VOL.3, contains most of the tracks originally intended for release as a live album by Fleetwood Mac. This was one of a number of projects curtailed by the sudden departure from the band of Peter Green in April 1970. The recording was done at the Tea Party Club in Boston whilst the band was on it's second American tour in 1969.
Of particular interest in this set are the rock'n roll cuts ("Keep A Knocking" and "Jenny Jenny" on VOL.2, "Great Balls Of Fire" and "Tutti Frutti" on VOL.3) performed by 'Earl Vince & the Valiants' - a pseudonym for a gold lamé suited Mac fronted by Jeremy Spencer - and a tongue-in-cheek tribute to their rock forebears. Contrasted with this are the straight Chicago style blues that were the band's hallmark ("Madison Blues" and "Got To Move" on VOL.3, "Red Hot Mama" and "The Sun Is Shining" on VOL.2) highlighted by some of Peter Green's last and greatest songs ("Oh Well" and "Rattlesnake Shake" on VOL.2, "Green Manalishi" on VOL.1) with Fleetwood Mac. Highly recommended!
Ta-Dah Tee Dee...ask and you shall receive! I have extra copies of Volume One and Two, CDs I owned prior to buying the complete Boston Box. I've held on to them, hoping to find a good home for them. I'll gladly give them to you for free -- just mail me a postage paid return envelope. PM me if you are interested.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-08-2007 at 03:24 PM..
Old 08-09-2007, 01:13 AM
Registered

^^^

Thanks Penguinhead!

I will try again tomorrow to PM you...right now the Ledge is slow and the PM's won't work.

Adam