Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
^^^ That's good news!

My friend John's dog used to get those mouth cysts a lot.

Update on the damage from my houseguest: My boss sent me a $100 Southwest Airlines gift card, from the dog.

"Thanks a lot for letting me stay with you. Sorry about the blinds, but I have a thing about feeling abandoned. Know a good dog psychologist?"
Aww...that's so cute!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Ok. Took Clancy to the vet this morning. She's ok. The vet was impressed by her teeth - said they are amazing for an 11 year old dog

The lump had bacteria in it. He thinks it's a cyst...so he gave me an ointment and I'm to do two hot compresses on it each day - he's hoping it'll shrink or rupture (ew). So if it gets bigger I'm to take her back, if not then he still wants to see her again, just not as soon...

The tummy issues, he wasn't even concerned with - when I explained the whole situation he said it just sounded like stress/bad food....so I've done the right thing by changing her feed - and the traveling is over....and she's is more regulated now.

That's the update...I'm very relieved.
That's great news, Deanna. I'm SO glad to hear it.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad to hear Clancy is okay!

I'm not sure I told you guys this funny Mufasa story from the other night. I was on the porch doing stuff and I didn't realize he had snuck out but I suspected he may have. I heard a dog barking, like I've never heard before, so I ran outside. There was Mufasa chasing a big black lab down the sea wall! It was so funny. But when he saw me his face was all "Oh sh*t now I'm in trouble." He was more afraid of Mom than the dog!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's a picture of my parents' dog, Dog. Yep, she's named Dog. She showed up at their house about six months or a year ago, and Dad started putting out blankets for her and she just stayed. She stays out of the house all day- my parents live in the country- and she just roams around, swimming in people's ponds, getting into fights with coyotes ("ki-yotes" as my grandmother, mom, AND dad all call them. egad.).

She's about two, and definitely a mix of German Shepherd and who knows what else- they think someone dropped her off nearby and left her there. I don't know why they would- she's a wonderful dog. Really obedient and loving and kind and friendly. She gets a little nervous sometimes, like she's been hit before. My dad was getting really ticked because she normally doesn't like to get up on the couch or be very cuddly- but she spent the entire time we were home sitting ON my boyfriend begging for attention. It was great.

I get a little sad around her because our family dog died in August, and I miss her so much that it's hard/weird to see Dog running around. I miss Piper.

Anyways. I think she's so cute.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ She IS cute. She just showed up? That's so weird. At least she found your parents. My parents got 3 of their cats that way - strays from the junkyard next to our first bar. They had them fixed (my dad was always worried they'd have kittens IN the bar) and somehow, they never made it back to the junkyard.

There was a dog in my grandpa's neighborhood when I was growing up. His name was Brownie - well, that's what we called him. Nobody really knew whose he was, but my grandpa fed him every single day - had a huge bag of Dad's dog food just for this dog, who wasn't even his. Sorry, really random....
Old 01-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley View Post
That's a picture of my parents' dog, Dog.
so cute! and my great great aunt had a cat named kitty cat.

deanna - so glad clancy is ok. yay!
Old 01-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One of Wynee da Pooh's poops!!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

and all of them and da Pooh herself - looking a a little haggard!

[IMG][/IMG]

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-04-2007 at 04:49 PM..
Old 01-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

awww jason did your baby have pups?

out of the loop...
Old 01-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
awww jason did your baby have pups?

out of the loop...
She had six at the end of November!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
She had six at the end of November!!!!!

verycute...
Old 01-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My "nephews," Barklay and Snoopy:

They belong to a friend of mine and are staying with me for a few days while their mama is on vacation.

As a result, my cats are not speaking to me.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
YOU'RE amazed? How do you think I feel? Yes, it was a pair, actually. Isotoner leather driving gloves. Took weeks for those to come out, what a pain in the ass that was.

Now I try to be really careful - nothing left on the floor, no food out - I even had the Christmas gifts locked in the attic this year. Yet, he still manages to get stuff. Usually it's paper, or envelopes, or cardboard (oddly enough, there's newspapers on the floor daily, and I wouldn't care if he got to those. But he never does.)

Is it like pica, when pregnant women crave cleaning products and dirt?

Driving gloves—wow! I once had a cat who ate my favorite angora sweater: he always loved to lick the sweater*, and then he spent the day (accidentally) locked in my walk-in closet, and he stumbled out looking a little drunk. Searched the closet, sweater gone. Biggest hairball ever!

Also, I onced saw a dog finishing the last bits of a butter stick she had pulled off the table and consumed. That seems more reasonable than a candle, though.
*we decided it was like a longing for mommy cat

Last edited by ragandbone; 01-05-2007 at 01:11 AM..
Old 01-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone View Post

Is it like pica, when pregnant women crave cleaning products and dirt?

Driving gloves—wow! I once had a cat who ate my favorite angora sweater: he always loved to lick the sweater*, and then he spent the day (accidentally) locked in my walk-in closet, and he stumbled out looking a little drunk. Searched the closet, sweater gone. Biggest hairball ever!
omg!

Quote:
Also, I onced saw a dog finishing the last bits of a butter stick she had pulled off the table and consumed. That seems more reasonable than a candle, though.
*we decided it was like a longing for mommy cat
my cat used to eat butter. also, whenever we ordered pizza, he would jump up on the counter, open the box, and carry off a whole large piece of pizza ... and he was a tiny cat! so funny. poor thing would dash across the house with his prize while being chased by a dog ...
Old 01-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
whenever we ordered pizza, he would jump up on the counter, open the box, and carry off a whole large piece of pizza ... and he was a tiny cat! so funny. poor thing would dash across the house with his prize while being chased by a dog ...
My cats get very crazy when a pizza is delivered. And it doesn't happen often, but the 3 or 4 times a year when I crave a pizza, my cats are fascinated by the box and the hidden aroma. If I leave them alone in the room, the pizza box is on the floor and they are suddenly both desperately clawing away at the corners trying to figure out what all the fuss is about!

rbs
Old 01-05-2007, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs3676 View Post
My cats get very crazy when a pizza is delivered. And it doesn't happen often, but the 3 or 4 times a year when I crave a pizza, my cats are fascinated by the box and the hidden aroma. If I leave them alone in the room, the pizza box is on the floor and they are suddenly both desperately clawing away at the corners trying to figure out what all the fuss is about!

rbs
OMG, funniest visual ever!!!!! god, i miss having a cat. they are great creatures.