Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question I'm upgrading . . .

my cell phone. I've had my cell phone for about four years & now I'm having trouble with it (I think it just needs a new battery.), but since it's not quite up to the new technology, I'd thought I'd upgrade both our phones (hubby's, too). So now my question is to what. I'm not really up on the new technology in cell phones. We have Verizon, so the phones have to be Verizon. I've been check out a Samsung SCH A850. It doesn't look too complicated. We don't need all the extras like MP3 downloading, web browsing, etc. though a camera phone is OK. (How are pictures taken with a camera phone? Do they come out nice?) Any advise would be appreciated.

Lee
Old 02-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

jazzy this is the thread for you!
Old 02-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD
jazzy this is the thread for you!
lol...I'm not sure why you say that and I'm afraid to ask.

I'm not very familiar with Verizon, but I will tell you stay away from the Razr - while it's tempting and cute and all, it's very hard to hear on it and for phones, that's the most important thing and I thought I would get used to it, but it bugs me more and more.

Your choice seems like a good one, any Nokia or LG would be good, from my experience. Quality of pictures from camera phones vary. If you are really into that, make sure you get one with a flash as not all come with that. Ask the sales rep to see a model and take a picture and see how it comes out.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
lol...I'm not sure why you say that and I'm afraid to ask.

I'm not very familiar with Verizon, but I will tell you stay away from the Razr - while it's tempting and cute and all, it's very hard to hear on it and for phones, that's the most important thing and I thought I would get used to it, but it bugs me more and more.

Your choice seems like a good one, any Nokia or LG would be good, from my experience. Quality of pictures from camera phones vary. If you are really into that, make sure you get one with a flash as not all come with that. Ask the sales rep to see a model and take a picture and see how it comes out.
Now that was freaky; I just show an ad on TV for this Razr phone at the same time that I was reading the local newspaper & in the paper is an ad for a pink Razr phone. The ad on TV was through Cingular & the ad in the paper was through Verizon. That was strange. And I didn't know the same phone can be used through different carriers. I'll take your advice about the Razr phone. Thanks.
Lee
Old 02-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

(off topic) MAKE THAT SEVEN~

its friday and Im feeling silly!
Old 03-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up I did it!

Yep, I, well, we upgraded our cell phones. Boy, in four years, technology has really changed. We (hubby & I) did get the Samsung SCH a850 cell phones. I really like mine. Nice & small & of course, still figuring out how everything works. I like the camera part on it, too, though I have a digital camera which I love. Pictures aren't as good as on the digital camera, but it's neat how you can just e-mail them right from the phone. Took me a while to figure that part out. I don't know if they charge extra for that or not. I don't know how to text message yet, & I think there is a charge for this. The phone sounds nice & clear. All in all I'm pleased with it. Now if I can just get my dad off my back about buying a cell phone that requires a contract. (Our cell phone service fee remains the same. I signed with Verizon for another two years.) He just got a Virgin Mobile cell phone with no contract & cancelled his contract with Verizon. Well, this phone suites him because he & my mom hardly ever go anywhere, but I use my cell phone more. Then he goes on about the money he's saving & how much radiation I'm getting from the phone I use it less than the lab mice I told him.

Lee
Old 03-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
my cell phone. I've had my cell phone for about four years & now I'm having trouble with it (I think it just needs a new battery.), but since it's not quite up to the new technology, I'd thought I'd upgrade both our phones (hubby's, too). So now my question is to what. I'm not really up on the new technology in cell phones. We have Verizon, so the phones have to be Verizon. I've been check out a Samsung SCH A850. It doesn't look too complicated. We don't need all the extras like MP3 downloading, web browsing, etc. though a camera phone is OK. (How are pictures taken with a camera phone? Do they come out nice?) Any advise would be appreciated.

Lee
I know what youre talking about. I had my first cell phone for about 3 years too.