Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
I forgot she was Clarice in Hannibal.
It was a forgettable part..My girl Jodie was sharp to bail on that turkey .Except for the Florence scenes the whole film was lame.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't eat me up for this but:
I thought she was very good in Boogie Nights and The End of the Affair (wonderful movie, by the way) and that her hair looked great in Forgotten, but other than that, I am sorry, but I don't like her at all.
She always looks like she acts the same to me, and not in a good way. I think her acting is too cautious and uninspiring and that she has the same facial expressions, whether she's in "9 months" or "The Hours". And especially "Far From Heaven" totally ruined my good intentions to begin to like her.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3
It was a forgettable part..My girl Jodie was sharp to bail on that turkey .Except for the Florence scenes the whole film was lame.
It think it 's a very challenging movie, Scott went gothic, but I liked it, and Julianne Moore decided to create a new Clarice. It was a very smart move, IMO.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 02-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elie
I thought she was very good in Boogie Nights and The End of the Affair (wonderful movie, by the way) and that her hair looked great in Forgotten, but other than that, I am sorry, but I don't like her at all.
She always looks like she acts the same to me, and not in a good way. I think her acting is too cautious and uninspiring and that she has the same facial expressions, whether she's in "9 months" or "The Hours". And especially "Far From Heaven" totally ruined my good intentions to begin to like her.
How dare you!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 02-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrart
It think it 's a very challenging movie, Scott went gothic, but I liked it, and Julianne Moore decided to create a new Clarice. It was a very smart move, IMO.

Romy
I guess she would have to create a new Clarice considering the old one would have balked at the new one's bizarre out of character shenanigans .That is why Foster and Demme passed .

Old 02-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elie
LUVED her in "boogie nights" & "the hours", i love julieanne, i will at least give any movie a try if she is in it~
Old 02-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3
I guess she would have to create a new Clarice considering the old one would have balked at the new one's bizarre out of character shenanigans .That is why Foster and Demme passed .
I'm not comparing SOTL to Hannibal, one is a legacy and the other its deconstruction. What was possible in SOTL became surreal, claustrophobic and taboo in Hannibal. That's why I like them both, they explore different worlds.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 03-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just saw Freedomland. I didn't think it was that bad. I rather enjoyed it. Julianne was the best part of the movie. By far! The movie was just kind of, all over the place! But, I still found it really interesting. The film is more about racism than anything else. And it was a really interesting look into the "ghettos" and housing projects in a black neighborhood.

We were frail...
Save us...