Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
If the shoe fits...
Well if this is true then I should be able to get away with A LOT!
Old 09-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Of course you are, but I checked your profile yesterday to see if you were still on & it said at that time you were looking at this thread. Therefore, I assumed you were still here. I guess you didn't log off, or someone was reading the thread from your computer while you were gone.
Oh...haha! Yea, I'm sorry about that. I didn't log off...I just left explorer up and running...I have wireless so I am on 24/7.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Regardless of that, are you denying that innocent souls are being killed by abortion?
I guess it all dempends on when one feels a "soul" is made, since I don't consider something alive until it can breath on its own, then abortion doesn'tcome off to me as someone "murdering" a child. And I'm rather loath to have that decision made for me, by people who wouldn't even know me or ever have to face that kind of decision. I am also loath to make that specific decision for anyone else...It is not my life...

As for thousands dying, have you ever seen what occurrs in Africa, talk about thousands of kids who are unquestionably alive dying, perhaps if ppl put as much energy as they do into the abortion argument towards relieving some of the worlds poverty then some changes might occur.

As for it becoming illegal, if it does all that will happen is that abortions will once again become back alley type things, terrible for womens health, close your eyes all you want, but my mother lived in the sixties and had friends who had to resort to this type of thing, and it was horrifying...
"May the Force be with you..."~Star Wars
Old 09-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadegypsy
I guess it all dempends on when one feels a "soul" is made, since I don't consider something alive until it can breath on its own, then abortion doesn'tcome off to me as someone "murdering" a child. And I'm rather loath to have that decision made for me, by people who wouldn't even know me or ever have to face that kind of decision. I am also loath to make that specific decision for anyone else...It is not my life...

As for thousands dying, have you ever seen what occurrs in Africa, talk about thousands of kids who are unquestionably alive dying, perhaps if ppl put as much energy as they do into the abortion argument towards relieving some of the worlds poverty then some changes might occur.

As for it becoming illegal, if it does all that will happen is that abortions will once again become back alley type things, terrible for womens health, close your eyes all you want, but my mother lived in the sixties and had friends who had to resort to this type of thing, and it was horrifying...

Oh, but don't you know ? If we make it against the law no one will do it! It is just like abstinence. Just tell those kids to STOP HAVING SEX. They Will ! And Just Say No, my friend. That whole campaign completely stopped drug use. I mean, I haven't heard of a single problem about crystal meth, have you ? We just have to make a moral, national stand against these things, and people will magically stop ! Where have you been, anyway ? Don't you read the national or international news?
Old 09-29-2005, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
Oh, but don't you know ? If we make it against the law no one will do it! It is just like abstinence. Just tell those kids to STOP HAVING SEX. They Will ! And Just Say No, my friend. That whole campaign completely stopped drug use. I mean, I haven't heard of a single problem about crystal meth, have you ? We just have to make a moral, national stand against these things, and people will magically stop ! Where have you been, anyway ? Don't you read the national or international news?
Amen!!!!!!!!!

This goes to my theory that people just cannot stand others being too wild or too free - it is a form of jealousy IMO.

I think many people want others to conform to what they think is the way other people should live even though the vast majority of the people wanting others to conform were total sluts in their youth. This kind of Peyton Place morality is assinine. I mean if some 20 year old college student wants to bang five guys or girls a night, what the hell do I care as long as he or she is responsible about it and even if he or she is not - it is his or her life to piss away if he or she wants to. But, people will never see it that way and want instead to enforce their morality on him or her. Interestingly, that morality is mostly enforced on females.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-29-2005, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Amen!!!!!!!!!

This goes to my theory that people just cannot stand others being too wild or too free - it is a form of jealousy IMO.

I think many people want others to conform to what they think is the way other people should live even though the vast majority of the people wanting others to conform were total sluts in their youth. This kind of Peyton Place morality is assinine. I mean if some 20 year old college student wants to bang five guys or girls a night, what the hell do I care as long as he or she is responsible about it and even if he or she is not - it is his or her life to piss away if he or she wants to. But, people will never see it that way and want instead to enforce their morality on him or her. Interestingly, that morality is mostly enforced on females.
What you and sparky said! I told my dad about the danger of a conservative court rolling back Roe and he said, "Why so women can resort to coat hangers again?" He was pissed. I love my Dad!

People who try to force this morality on others are repressed and usually something comes out behind closed doors. A certain broadcaster and suggestions involving a loofah come to mind. Now, I gotta go find someone to... just kidding.