User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-05-2004, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfirefly
Now, are we talking 'albums sold' or albums shipped? In that respect, SA went gold--probably recouped the album costs since she went on tour but considering...maybe not.

Even if Lindsey's new album is the best thing since sliced bread, it's hard to imagine that it will do as well as say...we would like it to do. If SYW hasn't even shipped 1 million copies, can you even imagine Lindsey's album? Honestly, we'll be lucky to get it. It's hard to find a Lindsey album in stores period, new or not. Luckily, he seems to be more music-focused than sales, but he'll be eating a lot of money either way.

Sad thing, because he's just so awesome.

I hope that he would release a solo cd, and do it in the very near future , fresh off of the SYW tour, while its still on everyones mind, how great he was live . So if he has all those other songs that were suppose to be on GOS , dont take too long lindsey , release them soon. I mean take a reasonable break from this tour, and rest. Then release your solo and do some press and I dont know if he would be up for a solo tour, but I think the timing of this new solo cd would be a major factor, in him having at least greater success with a solo project, strike when its hot lindsey. I know that lindsey is more interested in releasing the music that he likes, rather than commercial sounding singles that the record execs. want, but I do think if lindsey strikes now rather than him taking years to release a solo, it would be better timing for him. I just would love for him to have a project of songs that he really loves, and for it to have great success in terms of sales and radio, even tho I know that doesnt matter to him, but I still would love for him to have it!
Old 08-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
Now, are we talking 'albums sold' or albums shipped? In that respect, SA went gold--probably recouped the album costs since she went on tour but considering...maybe not.
Albums sold, of course. Here's a post that Daniel wrote at the end of last year, and has some of the exact sales figures (actually, I remembered Street Angel's sales wrong, it was 226,000 when this post was written): http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...40&postcount=1.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 08-06-2004, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Even if Lindsey's new album is the best thing since sliced bread, it's hard to imagine that it will do as well as say...we would like it to do. If SYW hasn't even shipped 1 million copies, can you even imagine Lindsey's album? Honestly, we'll be lucky to get it. It's hard to find a Lindsey album in stores period, new or not. Luckily, he seems to be more music-focused than sales, but he'll be eating a lot of money either way.

Sad thing, because he's just so awesome.
Albums shipped, and gold/platinum certification means nothing. Street Angel was certified gold- but scanned half of that, which means that Warners lost a ton of money by overshipping, and had a warehouse full of scrap for most of 1995 of that record. Shipped means absolutely jack- anyone can inflate shipments, it happens all the time.

Lindsey's album would probably have a (hopeful) IO (initial order) of 50,000 units. They would expect to hopefully sell around 75,000 within a year of its release. That's about it. It would be crazy to expect anything more.

He wouldn't have to eat a lot of money on making a solo record for that small of an audience. He'd just have to do things differently than he's used to, and try to work as part of a small machine instead of the gigantic one he's accustomed to. If he were smart, he'd go to Sanctuary or something similar. Better- he'd go to someplace like Or, which has had an amazing success with Los Lonely Boys this year. Something boutique, with the ability to market strategically and intelligently.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If Tom Whalley agrees to a new deal with Warner's which is a source of some debate, but is more than likely to happen, any possible Lindsey solo release will come out on Warner.

I have commented on it before, that Lindsey's love for the trappings of the machinery he so often derides will prevent him from going indy.

Of course I will believe Lindsey will release a solo album when it is pressed and shipped.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:23 PM

Out of the Cradle sold 53,000 copies. Perhaps 53,009 or 53,010 by now.

No question Lindsey needs to go indy to make a new album happen. If he got an indendent label that took him on as one of its flagship artists, he could do better than sticking with Warner. Warner suchs.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Out of the Cradle sold 53,000 copies. Perhaps 53,009 or 53,010 by now.
Dang, dude, how many copies of that album do you own now?!
Old 08-06-2004, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really think if Lindsey gets his album out in the winter like he says that the album will be his best selling one yet. Now granted that's not a hard goal at all, but I see it landing in the top 40 and possibly going gold.

He Will Burn You Down