User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-20-2024, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yep. But what specific fight did she keep picking? Specifically, which ex-Mac did she go after?
I honestly don't remember(again, I never had a problem with her). She would insist that Christine was the one that kept Bob out of the r&rhof("if he's there, I WON'T BE").
I don't really remember any other issues with her. But she didn't back down from anything. Pit bull mode(almost).

I've been counting my own personal blessings for a couple of decades, now...
Old 06-20-2024, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep. But what specific fight did she keep picking? Specifically, which ex-Mac did she go after?
I don't know anything about this but Happy 50th Birthday even though your very first reply to me in Ledge history when I wasn't even responding to your reply was "Who cares?". A true Congeniality candidate!
Old 06-20-2024, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie’s saying that had she sat on the bed with Christine and sang, Christine would have passed away quicker is unbelievable. If my grandmother said that in a conversation, I’d yell at her.
I think that was actually Stevie trying to be a little funny and self deprecating, something that I was shocked to see. Especially in this context!
Old 06-20-2024, 09:33 AM

Quote:
While I understand it was strictly family and John was actually family for almost a decade, I kind of wish Mick had been there, too. He was akin to family, too. She wanted to go to Hawaii to hang out with Mick and rented a house with him when she rejoined the band.
Mick would have been completely appropriate. John and Mick were family. (we both know that) Lindsey and Stevie were very close to Christine, but not in that circle.

Had Stevie came and sang to her, Christine would have reached around and pulled her own plug.
Old 06-20-2024, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I think that was actually Stevie trying to be a little funny and self deprecating, something that I was shocked to see. Especially in this context!
On it's face, it's insufferable. however, some quotes communicate that she was in tears when she said it. If she said it whilst crying, it sets a different tone. It's still about her, but more towards being about them.

I do believe Christine was close with Stevie in a sister type way, but I also can see how much she rolled her eyes at her. She would call Stevie's posse "the silly sisters".
Old 06-20-2024, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if it was easy for them to be "friends" on tour because tour provided a lot of things to talk/joke about. Outside of the band, Stevie and Christine probably couldn't of been bigger opposites. Christine managed to have a normal life for 16 years out of the spotlight. Stevie found out via covid just how little she had going on at home and her life truly was on the road.

I still chuckle about that time Stevie allegedly gifted Christine an ipod fully loaded with the 24K Gold album right after it came out. Oh, how I'd love to see how Christine handled that situation! Imagine if Christine had done the same with Buckingham McVie
Old 06-20-2024, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder if it was easy for them to be "friends" on tour because tour provided a lot of things to talk/joke about. Outside of the band, Stevie and Christine probably couldn't of been bigger opposites. Christine managed to have a normal life for 16 years out of the spotlight. Stevie found out via covid just how little she had going on at home and her life truly was on the road.

I still chuckle about that time Stevie allegedly gifted Christine an ipod fully loaded with the 24K Gold album right after it came out. Oh, how I'd love to see how Christine handled that situation! Imagine if Christine had done the same with Buckingham McVie
you said it exactly the way it was-- when they were working it was great to have another woman to hang out with (although by the later tours they also had all the entourage of people who weren't there in the 70's.) at home they weren't in touch because they were such completely different people; the main thing they had in common was the band and their history.

And chris actually had a bit of a rough time during covid, she was lonely and felt very bored and isolated. (like many of us!) Maybe she had a more 'normal life' than stevie but i wouldn't necessarily say it was always a happy one. i think she probably missed the road and being around people a lot at that time.

never heard that about the loaded ipod with stevie's album, lol that's so funny.

--Lis
Old 06-20-2024, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
you said it exactly the way it was-- when they were working it was great to have another woman to hang out with (although by the later tours they also had all the entourage of people who weren't there in the 70's.) at home they weren't in touch because they were such completely different people; the main thing they had in common was the band and their history.

And chris actually had a bit of a rough time during covid, she was lonely and felt very bored and isolated. (like many of us!) Maybe she had a more 'normal life' than stevie but i wouldn't necessarily say it was always a happy one. i think she probably missed the road and being around people a lot at that time.

never heard that about the loaded ipod with stevie's album, lol that's so funny.

--Lis
She loaded it with a bonus track, "Juliet (run thru) from the Tango Deluxe collection.
Old 06-20-2024, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know I could never handle the life of an actor or big time touring musician. For months you're surrounded by people that become a second family and then it all ends on a given day and you're back home doing very normal things.
Old 06-20-2024, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know I could never handle the life of an actor or big time touring musician. For months you're surrounded by people that become a second family and then it all ends on a given day and you're back home doing very normal things.
Songwriter is the job for you! Like in country, most artists don't write their songs. Write a handful of hit songs, and you're rich, don't travel, and NOBODY KNOWS WHO YOU ARE!

My friend Jeff has been a roadie(guitar tech) with a major act for 15 years now. He's only 37, but he's so sick of it, and blames all his lost relationships on being on the road for so much of the past 15 years. I wouldn't want to do it, either. I did sound for 32 years, but 80% of the time, I had a cushy club gig....free booze, and slept in my own bed every night!
Old 06-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Songwriter is the job for you! Like in country, most artists don't write their songs. Write a handful of hit songs, and you're rich, don't travel, and NOBODY KNOWS WHO YOU ARE!

My friend Jeff has been a roadie(guitar tech) with a major act for 15 years now. He's only 37, but he's so sick of it, and blames all his lost relationships on being on the road for so much of the past 15 years. I wouldn't want to do it, either. I did sound for 32 years, but 80% of the time, I had a cushy club gig....free booze, and slept in my own bed every night!
Oh I'd be so down for that songwriting gig - write some good tunes and make crazy money, without the rigors of touring or fame.
Old 06-20-2024, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember specifically. I dare not say openly as it caused a horror. I’ll pm you.
Old 06-20-2024, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Jeremy. I’ll pm you.
Old 06-20-2024, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh I'd be so down for that songwriting gig - write some good tunes and make crazy money, without the rigors of touring or fame.
Yep, you couldn't give me fame on a platter. I only want the paycheck!!!!

My cousin was a finalist on ********(big national singing competition show) a couple of years ago, and has signed a record deal with someone out of LA(I forget the label name)....but if you would see all the sh*t behind the scenes, she's literally on the phone all day long, has her own full time "Karen", and endless rehearsals, and (to me anyway) it's just a nightmare! Just walking onstage and singing for 90 minutes would be awesome, but it's another 16 hours of hell, getting there. NO THANKS!
And know what? She's a lovely person, but her sisters want nothing to do with her, because she's living the life of a princess diva. She works hard for it, but IT'S NOT REAL LIFE(just like Stevie). She's sort of living in a fairy tale world, and the "regular" people in the family really want no part of it. And I'm now retired from the music business, and I'm so sick of it, too. I pretend that I'm interested....
So, I've been making new friends in the past couple of years, and there's not one musician, artist, or actor among them! Just plain old regular working folks. They talk about life, not themselves(which is all musicians do).

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 06-20-2024 at 03:22 PM..
Old 06-20-2024, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
“There is no chance of putting Fleetwood Mac back together in any way. Without her, it just couldn’t work.”
Everyone take note.

Quote:
“It’s not for me to say, but I’m not sure if Lindsey could do the kind of touring that Fleetwood Mac does, where you go out for a year and half. It’s so demanding.”
Lindsey, you should have stuck it out with Azoff. He might have sent Stevie a cease-and-desist letter. What do we have here? Stevie hints at Lindsey’s inability to sustain a big tour because of health problems. What if Lindsey wants to mount a big tour later? Now you have Stevie telling Rolling Stone readers that he can’t cut the mustard. Imagine the effect that might have on ticket sales or the general climate around such a tour. Imagine what would happen if Lindsey told Rolling Stone that Stevie can’t tour long because she has health problems — imagine the response from her camp.

Come on, Nicks, you don’t tell people your old Mac lover can’t keep up because he’s in poor health — when he may very well be planning an album and tour because YOU canned him from his biggest paying gig. Not only is that barely a step above slander, it’s just sinister and nasty. If I were Lindsey, I’d return the favor and my people would be contacting her people in short order.

Go out and do your endless touring if you want, Nicks. But stop being a pill to people who either can’t or won’t defend themselves. Shut up about people you no longer allow to work with you.

moviekinks.blogspot.com