Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-17-2024, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
^^^^^

God I hope you're wrong. But, I understood every reference you've made here. And, I did think about it for a split second as well as I was piecing the clues together. I have a bias, and I just don't want to see anything more from them. And don't want to hear her god awful vocals with any of the FM members.
Same same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Keep in mind I absolutely do not want Fleetwood Mac to get back together at all, but if you’re the type who breaks out the Fleetwood Mac decoder ring, they’re giving a boatload of lines to read between.
I definitely wondered why this keeps coming out with NO ONE, now not even Stevie, putting the final nail in the coffin once and for all "We are done and will never tour again"...

I also find it curious that she suggests IF the Mac went out again it would be a full year and a half tour. Really? Does it need to be that?? I don't even know if SHE and her voice could handle it... Maybe that's her way of pushing it off within whatever band discussions might be going on...."well if we go out, it would take up a year and a half" thinking maybe Lindsey won't want to be out that long or can't be.... I would also add that the reason it might have to stretch that long is because of HER physical limitations, i.e., that her voice can't do lots of shows back to back, and she requires multiple days off after every so many shows (so much so that Chrissie Hynde was able to book in club dates etc. between their shows together and frankly, Lindsey could have logistically done the same for the same reason.. but I digress). Maybe it's her flexing her power to get more concessions from the rest of them, and especially Lindsey... For instance I wonder, if they did tour again, would he get to hold the title of Musical Director, or would she insist on someone else? (wouldn't be herself, because no way she'll take on the grind of rehearsing the band e.g. the additional players etc, and frankly she wouldn't be capable). Would she demand final say on musicians? Would she demand final say on the setlist, stage design, etc? Also, just HOW MUCH of an additional cut would she demand of the profits? Would she demand 60% and give Lindsey 15 and John and Mick like 12.5 each? Would she demand her OWN jet? She's already getting the Presidential Suite everywhere so not sure how they'd up that.... Would she demand extra billing i.e., 'Fleetwood Mac featuring Stevie Nicks'??
You know Irving would hold them hostage for everything on her behalf.... Is he still managing the band? If I were Lindsey that right there would be the deal breaker for me......
It's all too grotesque to think about. And I still really have doubts about John, so... would they just replace him??
Just don't see it all coming together no matter how much dithering is going on behind the scenes...

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 06-17-2024 at 10:02 PM..
Old 06-17-2024, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, Stevie makes Christine's death about herself:

“It was all stunningly strange, because there wasn’t any lead up to it,” says Nicks of McVie’s death following a stroke in Autumn 2022. “We got a call, and I was going to rent a plane and go see her, but her family said, ‘Don’t come, because she may not be here tomorrow.’ And the next day, she passed away.
“I wanted to go there and sit on her bed and sing to her –
which definitely would have made her pass away faster,” jokes Nicks to MOJO’s Bob Mehr through tears. “But I needed to be with her. And I didn’t get to do that. So that was very hard for me. I didn’t get to say goodbye.”
Old 06-18-2024, 12:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

My first reaction to this is, take Lindsey‘s name out your damn mouth!

So totally presumptuous of her to speak about his health in the context of what the band could get back together or not. It seems highly unlikely to me that she knows about his health directly from him. Why would someone who has been nothing but negative about him for years now pretend to care about his health? Or have license to speak about it? I can only imagine how he and his family felt when she sent him her letter scolding him to take care of himself. This is literally none of her business.

Don’t get me wrong. I think they’re both toxic And each have responsibility for the nature of their relationship. I don’t know why she can’t just focus on her career and stop using the band to generate PR.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dick Fleetwood ALLOWED HER to become FM.

She RUINED the band.

She's a HORRIBLE, SELFISH, NARCISSISTIC person.

I hope she gets her just rewards. Meaning....#>÷,_[< [)#;>/"&.
Old 06-18-2024, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even if I thought I could work with Lindsey again, he’s had some health problems,” says Nicks, referring to Buckingham’s emergency open heart surgery in 2019. “It’s not for me to say, but I’m not sure if Lindsey could do the kind of touring that Fleetwood Mac does, where you go out for a year and half. It’s so demanding.”
That says she can't and doesn't want to be on a stage with Lindsey EVER again. She doesn't think she could, she doesn't want to, and she wants to be in her non-challenged zone where there's no debate. That's the final delivery there. The door is not open. And I think like bombaysaffires said, she's flexing her health muscles. Not only does she want to close the door but she wants to take a hit on the way out where she's essentially saying Lindsey's not in shape and not in good health. Though she just postponed two concerts of her own and again as bombaysaffires says, requires days of rest in between shows.

This interview was the last answer. MusiCares was the last time The Rumours lineup performed and will have been the final time the SYW lineup performed.
Old 06-18-2024, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
Don’t get me wrong. I think they’re both toxic And each have responsibility for the nature of their relationship. I don’t know why she can’t just focus on her career and stop using the band to generate PR.
Focus on her own career? She’s managed for the past 15+ years to make her career all about the past and her persona as a member of Fleetwood Mac. Even Songs from the Vault was about the past, not the present. She’ll keep bringing up Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey until her final days because that’s all she’s got. What would the current UNCUT magazine article headline be if she didn’t dredge up this same tired crap? There’s no new album and she’s playing the most unexciting pedestrian set-list that really hasn’t changed much in 5 years. So yeah…since she’s largely done as a songwriter and as a member of Fleetwood Mac, I’m not shocked for a minute she’s choosing to b*tch that Christine’s death didn’t go the way she wanted it to. How insane can she possibly be.
Old 06-18-2024, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
That says she can't and doesn't want to be on a stage with Lindsey EVER again. She doesn't think she could, she doesn't want to, and she wants to be in her non-challenged zone where there's no debate. That's the final delivery there. The door is not open. And I think like bombaysaffires said, she's flexing her health muscles. Not only does she want to close the door but she wants to take a hit on the way out where she's essentially saying Lindsey's not in shape and not in good health. Though she just postponed two concerts of her own and again as bombaysaffires says, requires days of rest in between shows.

This interview was the last answer. MusiCares was the last time The Rumours lineup performed and will have been the final time the SYW lineup performed.
Well she had the opportunity to say those exact words and *shocker* she didn’t.
Old 06-18-2024, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And as much as she loved Christine as her best friend, she refused to work with her in the studio from 2014 on. You can't say it was just Lindsey she didn't want to work with. She then attacked both of them to save face in 2017 to say "I don't get THEIR premise". I can't believe what she's become. As Jim said The Trump of Fleetwood Mac. And in concert she's like an emcee of a pasta dinner in a Knights of Columbus Hall with her 45 minutes of talking.
Old 06-18-2024, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine was never her best friend. They looked out for one another on the road and got along quite well. Did they enjoy each others company while traveling in the band, absolutely! For 16 years while Christine was away Stevie took vacations all over the world, to my knowledge did she ever swing over to London to see “her best friend in the entire world?” Nope.

It’s curious that we’ve never heard Christine tell the same “we made a pact” story that became one of Stevie’s favorite tales for the press.

Like most things that come out of her mouth these days, it’s an exaggerated pile of crap.

Last edited by BigAl84; 06-18-2024 at 07:11 AM..
Old 06-18-2024, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Also, Stevie makes Christine's death about herself:

[/B]
Just Christine's death?
Old 06-18-2024, 07:09 AM

Quote:
And as much as she loved Christine as her best friend, she refused to work with her in the studio from 2014 on. You can't say it was just Lindsey she didn't want to work with. She then attacked both of them to save face in 2017 to say "I don't get THEIR premise". I can't believe what she's become. As Jim said The Trump of Fleetwood Mac. And in concert she's like an emcee of a pasta dinner in a Knights of Columbus Hall with her 45 minutes of talking.
And the pasta isn't even that good.
Old 06-18-2024, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And the pasta isn't even that good.
Yeah…mediocre wedding reception pasta. Dried out and over priced.
Old 06-18-2024, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Yeah…mediocre wedding reception pasta. Dried out and over priced.
I quite like the crispy, dried out frazzled cheesy bits of pasta..
from the edge of the bowl that you have to dig at with a spoon
…just saying..
Old 06-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She then attacked both of them to save face in 2017 to say "I don't get THEIR premise".
Why does this board have an incessant need to take that out of context?

Here’s the full quote:

Quote:
Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are about to release an album as a duo. It seems like it started as a Fleetwood Mac album, but you chose not to participate.

I’ve been on the road [solo] since last September, so I don’t understand their premise. Christine was gone [from Fleetwood Mac] for 16 years and came back, did a massive tour, and then it’s like, “Now I’m just gonna go back to London and sit in my castle for two years”? She wanted to keep working. I will be back with them at the end of the year for, I think, another tour. I just needed my two years off. Until then, I wish them the best in whatever they do.
What she’s saying is that she doesn’t understand their premise that it would have been a Fleetwood Mac album if she had participated, since she was on tour. She then goes on to give a justification for why Christine should have made the album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-18-2024, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Why does this board have an incessant need to take that out of context?

Here’s the full quote:

What she’s saying is that she doesn’t understand their premise that it would have been a Fleetwood Mac album if she had participated, since she was on tour. She then goes on to give a justification for why Christine should have made the album.
Regardless, it's the biggest pile of garbage to come out of her mouth in quite some time. She attempts to dodge her lack of participation by speaking for Christine and justifying why she wanted to participate. "I wish them the best in whatever they do" is what you write in an email when an employee you couldn't stand leaves the company.

She knew she couldn't get away with her usual "Lindsey is so horrible to work with" lines because Christine spent months praising the process of working with him.