Gold Dust Woman
Edge of Seventeen
Rhiannon
Landslide
Old 06-13-2024, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
There is a photo of her in the Big Boys or another restaurant T shirt on.
You find everything else on the net so this is your test.
Ready
Set
Go
Oh yes I've tried! I guess I'm not writing the appropiate words in Google. The closest thing I found was this, but I think she's not Stevie Nicks.

Old 06-13-2024, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Its funny because she never was a cleaning lady. She says it though. The guy who yanked Lindsey and Stevie from Fritz because he saw their talent saw how hard they were struggling. Even Stevie has said she started to regret leaving Fritz because at least that was a gig and the band was good. Keith paid her to clean and upkeep his house. He probably did that to keep her motivated and give her some earned money. Its almost she got an allowance from a producer for cleaning his house. Is not a cleaning lady definition someone that cleans houses for a living with multiple clients. If she only cleaned Keith Olson's house then that's hardly a cleaning lady. But I know its the rags from riches story she likes to tell. The truth is both Stevie and Lindsey came from very well off families. Stevie did not need to work or clean houses.
The little coke treats he left for her when she was coming over to clean were probably sweetened the deal for her too.
Old 06-13-2024, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Was this her setlist at this show?
Outside The Rain
Dreams
If Anyone Falls
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
For What It's Worth
Enchanted
Wild Heart and Bella Donna
Gypsy
Soldier's Angel
Stand Back
Gold Dust Woman
Edge of Seventeen
Rhiannon
Landslide
Correct order, minus Enchanted. But with her stories the show ran a full two hours and five minutes.
Old 06-13-2024, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Correct order, minus Enchanted. But with her stories the show ran a full two hours and five minutes.
Wow! Enchanted has been a live favorite of Stevie's for years! It seems to be like you said in your review: Stevie is making her setlist for those who aren't interested in her extensive catalogue, as in songs they don't know.
Old 06-14-2024, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow! Enchanted has been a live favorite of Stevie's for years! It seems to be like you said in your review: Stevie is making her setlist for those who aren't interested in her extensive catalogue, as in songs they don't know.
Well yes and no because when you get right down to it, the casual fan does not know Outside the Rain, Bella Donna, Wild Heart & Soldier's Angel. And I'd venture to guess the current generation of young girls I saw in the thousands at that concert probably never heard If Anyone Falls also because really, how often does that song get played on the radio these days?
Old 06-14-2024, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well yes and no because when you get right down to it, the casual fan does not know Outside the Rain, Bella Donna, Wild Heart & Soldier's Angel. And I'd venture to guess the current generation of young girls I saw in the thousands at that concert probably never heard If Anyone Falls also because really, how often does that song get played on the radio these days?
I hear If Anyone Falls on Sirius 80s on 8 all the time. But on regular radio, I don’t hear Stevie solo songs beyond Edge and Stop Draggin My Heart Around.

Outside The Rain and Bella Donna were on a #1 multiplatinum selling album and I’d gather even her younger fans would likely own that or stream it more than her other albums. Wild Heart is always on Andy’s Kiki Lounge station, there’s the viral video of her singing Wild Heart for the cover shoot, and recently a video of her singing it backstage with Harry Styles’ band.
The way Soldier’s Angel is performed is without presumption because Stevie sets it up with the story as if the audience member has never heard it before and with the video accompaniment they love the song like it’s one of her best.
What else is there: Leather and Lace, Gold Dust Woman, Dreams, Landslide, Stand Back, Gypsy, Edge of Seventeen, and the cover of a huge hit For What It’s Worth. I’d still say it’s a setlist for those who want to hear what they know. But that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a fantastic performance and concert!
Old 06-14-2024, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Outside The Rain and Bella Donna were on a #1 multiplatinum selling album and I’d gather even her younger fans would likely own that or stream it more than her other albums.
I don't know. It never ceases to amaze me, the number of people who don't like Bella Donna. It is very country tinged in places, and that's why I love it.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I don't know. It never ceases to amaze me, the number of people who don't like Bella Donna. It is very country tinged in places, and that's why I love it.
I get the reason you love it. It sounds like a true classic rock record as well. To me it has the Eagles sound, Heartbreakers sound, and E Street sounds on it too (and I know you got the two Dons on it and Roy Bittan). I think my issue with the album is the length. Too short for me.

I really only like Think About It, How Still My Love, and Outside The Rain. But I'd gladly accept Kind of Woman, Glitter, or The Highwayman in her setlist.

It's amazing how much her setlist has regressed since the 24 Karat Gold: Songs From The Vault Tour in 2016. So many forgotten songs.
Old 06-15-2024, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I get the reason you love it. It sounds like a true classic rock record as well. To me it has the Eagles sound, Heartbreakers sound, and E Street sounds on it too (and I know you got the two Dons on it and Roy Bittan). I think my issue with the album is the length. Too short for me.

I really only like Think About It, How Still My Love, and Outside The Rain. But I'd gladly accept Kind of Woman, Glitter, or The Highwayman in her setlist.

It's amazing how much her setlist has regressed since the 24 Karat Gold: Songs From The Vault Tour in 2016. So many forgotten songs.
Thank you. That IS the reason I love it. It IS the Eagles and the Heartbreakers.

And I never even realized, until a couple of years ago, that Don Felder was the guitar player on The Highwayman(probably back when I read all liner notes, I didn't realize the name was from the Eagles- HEY, I WAS 5 WHEN BD CAME OUT)

But I digress- Bella Donna is her OPUS. Anyone who doesn't worship it is dumb af.
Old 06-15-2024, 04:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Thank you. That IS the reason I love it. It IS the Eagles and the Heartbreakers.

And I never even realized, until a couple of years ago, that Don Felder was the guitar player on The Highwayman(probably back when I read all liner notes, I didn't realize the name was from the Eagles- HEY, I WAS 5 WHEN BD CAME OUT)

But I digress- Bella Donna is her OPUS. Anyone who doesn't worship it is dumb af.
And anyone who doesn't think Stevie's Gold Dust Woman dance in place from Live In Boston is a better dance move than the mashed potato should be sentenced to life behind bars!
Old 06-15-2024, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And anyone who doesn't think Stevie's Gold Dust Woman dance in place from Live In Boston is a better dance move than the mashed potato should be sentenced to life behind bars!
Well I don't know in which tour she did the mashed potato, but I loved her GDW dance in the NJ gig OWTS tour. She really rocked and by the screams, thousands of souls agreed with me.
Old 06-15-2024, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Outside The Rain and Bella Donna were on a #1 multiplatinum selling album and I’d gather even her younger fans would likely own that or stream it more than her other albums.
know.
I don't necessarily disagree with you because I respect your opinion but there were many times in my life when I used to buy record albums or CD's and still only want to listen to the songs I had heard on the radio. With the exception of FM or Stevie of whose songs I'd listen to every one of them.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't necessarily disagree with you because I respect your opinion but there were many times in my life when I used to buy record albums or CD's and still only want to listen to the songs I had heard on the radio. With the exception of FM or Stevie of whose songs I'd listen to every one of them.
I respect yours too. But given The TikTok age and the enduring popularity of the BD album, I’m going to stick to my belief that Outside The Rain, Bella Donna, and Wild Heart aren’t deep cuts. I’d say Nothing Ever Changes and Soldier’s Angel are. But again, the way she sets up Soldier’s Angel before she sings it is done so well that people are so moved and engaged that they emotionally feel like they know it while listening to her lyrics and watching the video.
She has so many Top 40 songs she could put in her setlist however.
Old 06-17-2024, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There is a photo of her in the Big Boys or another restaurant T shirt on.
You find everything else on the net so this is your test.
Ready
Set
Go
are you thinking of the Obie's Lighting Productions tee? That's the only one I can recall off the top of my head....