The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2022, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As much as it sucks on one level, given his age and his recent medical history (heart) I'm glad he's going to take care of his health rather than push on.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I pray Lindsey and the tour family heals.

I felt the tour shouldn't have went on without Brett, but shows should've been cancelled before April 28 (Tysons, Virginia) if Lindsey was showing symptoms. That's shameful whoever decided to keep the band on the road.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

I felt the tour shouldn't have went on without Brett, but shows should've been cancelled before April 28 (Tysons, Virginia) if Lindsey was showing symptoms. That's shameful whoever decided to keep the band on the road.
well, bands and artists perform sick all the time. "the show must go on" remember? so they power through thinking it's just a bad cold and will go away. they didn't know it was covid, as soon as they got positive results they cancelled.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-12-2022, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Do you know how many people's livelihoods depend on this? They blocked off however many months of work, to depend on this income. Perhaps insurance covers it? IDK.

On With The Show, indeed.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Do you know how many people's livelihoods depend on this? They blocked off however many months of work, to depend on this income. Perhaps insurance covers it? IDK.

On With The Show, indeed.
It's a pandemic. We were told if we are experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms stay home and test. If I feel unwell, should I perform and give my colleagues COVID-19 or spread it amongst the audience?

If Lindsey was going to the side of the stage after a song or "coughing" during his vocals, shouldn't that have been a sign? There are some rough vocals from him in the Ithaca and Keswick videos on YouTube.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's a pandemic. We were told if we are experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms stay home and test. If I feel unwell, should I perform and give my colleagues COVID-19 or spread it amongst the audience?
You raise valid points. For my job, when I go to a different facility, visitors are still asked if you have any symptoms, have you been traveling, and temperature is taken. If you answer yes to any of the questions or have a temperature, you’re not allowed in. And my workplace would certainly make me stay at home. I understand the theory behind not wanting to cancel a concert, or several concerts, but like you said, there’s a pandemic going on! These are not normal times. The experts all say singing helps transmit the virus even more so, so it’s dangerous not just for the band but for the audience as well. Lindsey definitely did the right thing postponing the rest of his tour.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and i will say it again since looks like you didn't see it and so you keep stating they should have done exactly what they apparently did (i.e., tested till it turned out positive):

Quote:
If Lindsey was going to the side of the stage after a song or "coughing" during his vocals, shouldn't that have been a sign? There are some rough vocals from him in the Ithaca and Keswick videos on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
well, bands and artists perform sick all the time. "the show must go on" remember? so they power through thinking it's just a bad cold and will go away. they didn't know it was covid, as soon as they got positive results they cancelled.
meanwhile tons of people go around unchecked, never test, think they just have a really really bad cold and keep spreading it. the only reason all these performers find out they actually have covid and not just a really bad cold / flu is because they constantly test. and it seems that with these latest variants, rapid tests take a few days since the start of symptoms to pick it up.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-12-2022, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and i will say it again since looks like you didn't see it and so you keep stating they should have done exactly what they apparently did (i.e., tested till it turned out positive):

meanwhile tons of people go around unchecked, never test, think they just have a really really bad cold and keep spreading it. the only reason all these performers find out they actually have covid and not just a really bad cold / flu is because they constantly test. and it seems that with these latest variants, rapid tests take a few days since the start of symptoms to pick it up.
Even if I test negative while feeling symptoms of COVID-19, I shouldn't be going to a concert as an attendee or as a performer because there's a chance days later I could be positive, and I've just spent days spreading it.

I am trusting science and practice and not political philosophy.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even if I test negative while feeling symptoms of COVID-19, I shouldn't be going to a concert as an attendee or as a performer because there's a chance days later I could be positive, and I've just spent days spreading it.
i don't know, it's really nuanced these days. good thing is we got vaccines and treatments now. and current variants do seem to stay in upper respiratory tract, instead of immediately moving to the lungs. and even in non-pandemic times, if you have a cold/flu, and can afford to you should work from home and not go into office and spread it around. of course, many people on many jobs don't have that luxury.

what exactly are symptoms of covid? they start the same as allergies or cold, and if it is covid and you are lucky, that might be all you have. bunch of people i know keep telling me they have symptoms of cold or allergies this spring. and most don't test, unless they know they've been exposed and maybe not even then. if you have to go to work, many people cough and sneeze, and most places don't require masks anymore. most just chuck it to spring allergies, or more viruses spreading now when everyone is unmasked, that masks used to stop.

and there are many people who have no symptoms whatsoever and yet when they get tested they turn out positive.

remember White House Correspondents Dinner? and Trevor Noah's remarks? "people what are you doing? you know better! this sh*t spreads like crazy!"

everyone there was vaxxed and boosted and tested negative that day, their temperature checked etc etc. and for 10 days now one by one bunch of people who were there tested positive.

that said, i do agree that if you have some cold symptoms and you are planning to go to a show with bunch of people, might be good idea to test and make sure you don't spread it. but most of the US is free-for-all right now. no masks on planes and other transport is really not helping at all either. when i went to see LB in Ohio last month, i was the only person in my hotel wearing a mask. most people pretend it's gone. of course others who were lucky it didn't touch them pretend it never even existed. and performers keep testing.

mods feel free to remove this if needed - considering unfortunately science, disease and treatments were made political in the last few years, and nobody even attempts to understand the nuances of science and medicine.

Old 05-22-2022, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
As much as it sucks on one level, given his age and his recent medical history (heart) I'm glad he's going to take care of his health rather than push on.
Agreed. I’m glad he’s taking care of himself. Lord knows, we need Lindsey well and creatively active. His ongoing work ethic is an inspiration.
Old 05-22-2022, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish both Lindsey & Stevie would cancel the rest of their tours and go home. And stay off the road until this pandemic is really under control.
Old 05-22-2022, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I wish both Lindsey & Stevie would cancel the rest of their tours and go home. And stay off the road until this pandemic is really under control.
But time is running out for them all. And they know it.
Old 05-22-2022, 11:12 PM
vivfox
This message has been deleted by vivfox.
Old 05-23-2022, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Intrigued to see that Lindsey's wife and daughter were in London yesterday, even if he wasn't! A shame to let those flight tickets and hotel bookings go to waste...
london.jpg