The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What do you want previewed next from LIVE DELUXE?
Second Hand News (Los Angeles 10-21-82) 3 11.11%
Think About Me (Kansas City 8-24-80) 6 22.22%
What Makes You Think Youre the One (Kansas City 8-23-80) 2 7.41%
Brown Eyes (Los Angeles 10-22-82) 3 11.11%
Angel (Cleveland 5-20-80) 3 11.11%
Hold Me (Los Angeles 10-21-82) 13 48.15%
Tusk (Kansas City 8-24-80) 1 3.70%
Sisters of the Moon (Omaha 8-21-80) 3 11.11%
Blue Letter (Little Rock 5-20-77) 3 11.11%
Gold Dust Woman (Los Angeles 8-29-77) 1 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 04-07-2021, 01:49 PM
soul_drifter333's Avatar
soul_drifter333 soul_drifter333 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 437
Default

I was in a local record store and they had already put it out so I couldn't resist picking up a copy even though I had already ordered a copy from Rhino. Hey I was right in my face! Like the other box sets it is high quality and super nice. The vinyl and packaging are heavy duty with a booklet with some nice pics I haven't seen before. My turntable is in storage so I can't listen to the vinyl yet but I'm currently enjoying the CDs. Really nice! I would share pics but I don't know to post them here anymore.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-07-2021, 01:59 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I was in a local record store and they had already put it out so I couldn't resist picking up a copy even though I had already ordered a copy from Rhino. Hey I was right in my face! Like the other box sets it is high quality and super nice. The vinyl and packaging are heavy duty with a booklet with some nice pics I haven't seen before. My turntable is in storage so I can't listen to the vinyl yet but I'm currently enjoying the CDs. Really nice! I would share pics but I don't know to post them here anymore.
That is Amazing! Congratulations!
Are there any quotes from Stevie or Christine in the booklet?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-07-2021, 02:23 PM
soul_drifter333's Avatar
soul_drifter333 soul_drifter333 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
That is Amazing! Congratulations!
Are there any quotes from Stevie or Christine in the booklet?
Unfortunately not. I really enjoyed those interviews from the Tusk deluxe edition. The booklet has text by David Wild, new pics, and tour dates. I don't think the band had a lot to do with this reissue. Listening to the 3rd CD and it sounds amazing. The sound is great and it's mixed in a way that it sounds like one show and not different performances. Think About Me and What Makes You Think are the highlights so far.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-07-2021, 02:26 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Unfortunately not. I really enjoyed those interviews from the Tusk deluxe edition. The booklet has text by David Wild, new pics, and tour dates. I don't think the band had a lot to do with this reissue. Listening to the 3rd CD and it sounds amazing. The sound is great and it's mixed in a way that it sounds like one show and not different performances. Think About Me and What Makes You Think are the highlights so far.
Thank you. Yes, Stevie and Lindsey participated in the reissue interviews for Rumours, Mirage, and Tango. Oh well.

How's Angel?!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-07-2021, 02:42 PM
soul_drifter333's Avatar
soul_drifter333 soul_drifter333 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Thank you. Yes, Stevie and Lindsey participated in the reissue interviews for Rumours, Mirage, and Tango. Oh well.

How's Angel?!
It's nice and seems to speed up some when Lindsey comes in to sing harmony. A little raw but not as much as the live performances on the Tusk reissue live performances. I prefer the live performances to be less polished then the studio performances. The mastering is great throughout the whole set.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-07-2021, 02:46 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 14,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
The booklet has text by David Wild, new pics, and tour dates.
Always David Wild! Tour dates for all tours?

Quote:
I don't think the band had a lot to do with this reissue.
I doubt they have anything to do with it.

Quote:
Listening to the 3rd CD and it sounds amazing. The sound is great and it's mixed in a way that it sounds like one show and not different performances. Think About Me and What Makes You Think are the highlights so far.
Could you verify that the rest of the cuts are from the dates advertised?
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-07-2021, 07:28 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,554
Default

What about Fireflies- expanded version on disc 3?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-07-2021, 08:16 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I was in a local record store and they had already put it out so I couldn't resist picking up a copy even though I had already ordered a copy from Rhino. Hey I was right in my face! Like the other box sets it is high quality and super nice. The vinyl and packaging are heavy duty with a booklet with some nice pics I haven't seen before. My turntable is in storage so I can't listen to the vinyl yet but I'm currently enjoying the CDs. Really nice! I would share pics but I don't know to post them here anymore.
I would have done the same thing. Bought it and gifted the other.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-07-2021, 09:55 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
It's nice and seems to speed up some when Lindsey comes in to sing harmony. A little raw but not as much as the live performances on the Tusk reissue live performances. I prefer the live performances to be less polished then the studio performances. The mastering is great throughout the whole set.
Thank you again so much for taking the time to share your experience with all of us.
I love the experience of picking up a record on the release day.
Of course, you scored BIG TIME by getting it early.
Did it seem like they had a decent amount of copies?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-07-2021, 09:59 PM
soul_drifter333's Avatar
soul_drifter333 soul_drifter333 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
What about Fireflies- expanded version on disc 3?
I never had the 12" single for Fireflies but I had heard it on YouTube or a bootleg. It's great. I always like the song and the mastering on all the discs is amazing. Vocals throughout all the discs are so clear, I almost forgot how good the band sounded live vocally when they were still in their prime. I don't think there are any overdubs, so it's a little raw and real sounding.

Stevie's vocals on SOTM are really clear and out front. I couldn't really tell what she was mumbling at the end but it was something different than I had heard before.

Tusk gets kinda crazy after the drum break when it speeds up and then Lindsey plays a great solo and Stevie is doing some weird vocals. One of the best version of the song that I think I've heard so far.

I'm very pleased and have had a huge smile on my face all day.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-07-2021, 10:02 PM
soul_drifter333's Avatar
soul_drifter333 soul_drifter333 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Thank you again so much for taking the time to share your experience with all of us.
I love the experience of picking up a record on the release day.
Of course, you scored BIG TIME by getting it early.
Did it seem like they had a decent amount of copies?
This was a small independent store so they only had 2 copies. I think that is how they got away with putting it out early. I was off work today and tomorrow so I had time to really listen to it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-07-2021, 10:13 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
This was a small independent store so they only had 2 copies. I think that is how they got away with putting it out early. I was off work today and tomorrow so I had time to really listen to it.
Well you were off work on the perfect days!

I guess the safest bet to find this release on Friday would be in a Barnes and Noble
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-07-2021, 10:57 PM
Netter75's Avatar
Netter75 Netter75 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 228
Default

Good to hear positive things about the release!

So so excited to finally get some good, cleaned up versions of tracks like Second Hand News, Think About Me and Brown Eyes on Spotify (is it weird that Brown Eyes has me most excited? That song is amazing). Curious to see how these takes of Blue Letter, Angel, Tusk and SOTM compare with the others we have as well.

It's starting to get to the point where there's at least one officially released recording for most every song they ever did live! A tango/BTM relese with Seven Wonders, Little Lies, Isn't It Midnight, Save Me, In the Back of My Mind, Love is Dangerous, and Stand on the Rock would complete it for me.

Counting down to Thursday at 11:59
__________________
"I am just one small part of forever" -Think About It (The song that got me into Stevie Nicks)

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-08-2021, 12:50 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,954
Default

Is it today? Or at midnight?
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-08-2021, 02:19 PM
On Ice On Ice is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 490
Default

Well jbrown some may have it already because isn't it midnight on the other side of the world already?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

RARE ORIGINAL THE BEATLES PHOTO GEORGE HARRISON FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS 1977
$599.99
RARE ORIGINAL THE BEATLES PHOTO GEORGE HARRISON FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS 1977 pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Autographed LOA PROOF 5 names Mick Fleetwood Stevie Nicks
$359.08
Fleetwood Mac Signed Autographed  LOA PROOF 5 names Mick Fleetwood Stevie Nicks  pictureRARE PHOTO OFFICIELLE FAN CLUB COULEURS SIGNÉE PAR " STEVIE NICKS "
$305.24
RARE PHOTO OFFICIELLE FAN CLUB COULEURS SIGNÉE PAR rock band original concert photo's ( stevie nicks-sammy hagar-nugent-ac/dc )
$249.0
rock band original concert photo's ( stevie nicks-sammy hagar-nugent-ac/dc ) pictureSTEVIE NICKS & FLEETWOOD MAC @ WINTERLAND SF 11” x 16” Concert Photo
$200.0
STEVIE NICKS & FLEETWOOD MAC @ WINTERLAND SF 11” x 16” Concert Photo picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved