The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:02 AM

I hate to say this, but we saw it coming. I still don't think it's possible, however. Lot of talk would have to happen, AND is there time?
Old 02-01-2021, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I don't think it would happen either.

I'm wondering if the only place it would make a difference in touring revenue might be the UK because Lindsey and Christine had the same amount of top 10 hits there so having more Tusk, Mirage, or Tango in the set might be able to pump demand. It might increase touring revenue in the US if they said they were doing all of Rumours live and their greatest hits. (Yes, I know they do most of Rumours live - however Songbird and Sprins haven't been done in a while.

If it did, I also don't see Lindsey coming back full-time but more of a special appearance for some songs.

A la Bernie on History of the Eagles and Taylor from 50 + Counting to 14 On Fire... Maybe Homie and jmn3 know where I'm coming from here
Old 02-01-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
^ I don't think it would happen either.

I'm wondering if the only place it would make a difference in touring revenue might be the UK because Lindsey and Christine had the same amount of top 10 hits there so having more Tusk, Mirage, or Tango in the set might be able to pump demand. It might increase touring revenue in the US if they said they were doing all of Rumours live and their greatest hits. (Yes, I know they do most of Rumours live - however Songbird and Sprins haven't been done in a while.

If it did, I also don't see Lindsey coming back full-time but more of a special appearance for some songs.

A la Bernie on History of the Eagles and Taylor from 50 + Counting to 14 On Fire... Maybe Homie and jmn3 know where I'm coming from here
If they brought Lindsey back it would be HUGE HUGE contracts.
Especially, if they ditched the cover band that toured last time.

FAB 5 = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 02-01-2021, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder how much Mick gets paid to do these interviews and if that's what determines his decision to do them??
Old 02-01-2021, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm wondering if the only place it would make a difference in touring revenue might be the UK because Lindsey and Christine had the same amount of top 10 hits there
Actually and kind of incredibly Lindsey had one more top ten UK hit than Christine did..Nicks had zero.

Old 02-01-2021, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Actually and kind of incredibly Lindsey had one more top ten UK hit than Christine did..Nicks had zero.
Oh, sorry. Were Chris' hits there were Everywhere and Little Lies?

Tango in the Night was enormous in the UK
Old 02-01-2021, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, sorry. Were Chris' hits there were Everywhere and Little Lies?

Tango in the Night was enormous in the UK
Yep and Lindsey had Tusk ,Oh Diane and Big Love.

Old 02-01-2021, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

But didn't Mick say the replacements were not replacements but permanently part of the band now? LOL
Mick will throw anyone under the bus for money and pretend like nothing happened.

People will say once again the Landslide hugs are so sincere.

Pa-leeeeeeeeezeee

My ESP tells me that Stevie will use the drama to negotiate an even bigger cut than she normally gets for touring. Her manager will claim the added stress of Lindsey justifies this increase. Mick knows he needs Stevie so the cut will be Stevie 50%, Christine 15%, Lindsey 15%, Mick 10% and John 10%.
And that my friend will keep Stevie interested enough to give fake hugs

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-01-2021 at 01:09 PM..
Old 02-01-2021, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
But didn't Mick say the replacements were not replacements but permanently part of the band now? LOL
Mick will throw anyone under the bus for money and pretend like nothing happened.

Pa-leeeeeeeeezeee

My ESP tells me that Stevie will use the drama to negotiate an even bigger cut than she normally gets for touring. Her manager will claim the added stress of Lindsey justifies this increase. Mick knows he needs Stevie so the cut will be Stevie 50%, Christine 15%, Lindsey 15%, Mick 10% and John 10%.
What a PATHETIC ending.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

Pa-leeeeeeeeezeee

Mike is always doing stuff, for sure. And Neil Finn is just beyond one of my dearest, dearest friends. And I’m hugely respectful of who he is and his talent, and how both Mike and he stepped in, because it was either stop or find something really spectacular that honored our funny trip.

Yeah- that comment didn't sound like permanent members did it? It sounds to me more like... thanks for helping out. If you want to stick around if I can get Lindsey back then that's fine...but Mike- you've got other things to do and Neil- you're a great guy but...

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-01-2021, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

I think Stevie would have the biggest percentage and Lindsey the smallest.

Maybe if they do anything with Lindsey, it should be like four shows in London's Hyde Park or at London Stadium.

Then if you want to tour, tour with Neil and Mike in the States.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Stevie would have the biggest percentage and Lindsey the smallest.

Maybe if they do anything with Lindsey, it should be like four shows in London's Hyde Park or at London Stadium.

Then if you want to tour, tour with Neil and Mike in the States.
Before Christine came back, it was reportedly -
$tevie - 40%
Lindsey - 30%
John - 15%
Dick - 15%

I'm positive he wouldn't come back making less than John and Dick.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Before Christine came back, it was reportedly -
$tevie - 40%
Lindsey - 30%
John - 15%
Dick - 15%

I'm positive he wouldn't come back making less than John and Dick.
I think Stubner, Azoff, Marty or whoever would offer the gig to him as a privilege to return so take it or leave it.

Thanks for that breakdown. It's funny how Stevie said how Lindsey and John had to hold their heavy instruments for 3 hours while she only had to stand and twirl. For her share, some more dancing would be nice! Energy gets reserved for Gold Dust Woman nowadays. The Gypsy twirls should be baton twirling as there's more energy in that!
Old 02-01-2021, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On reflection I wonder if Mick is angling for some sort of Stevie-less band.
He says, by now Stevie would have done one of her tours, but that obviously hasn't happened. I think maybe he realises Stevie's still going to have her 2 years away for her own work and he can see himself sitting, inactive for 2 more years. He's hedging his bets. If Stevie is out of the equation for 2 years he's probably thinking there's mileage in a Lindsey, Mike, Neil line up. Not as much as if Stevie was there, but there'd be a degree of intrigue.
...and its actually an interesting proposition. I might be tempted to part with money to see them.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-01-2021, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
On reflection I wonder if Mick is angling for some sort of Stevie-less band.
He says, by now Stevie would have done one of her tours, but that obviously hasn't happened. I think maybe he realises Stevie's still going to have her 2 years away for her own work and he can see himself sitting, inactive for 2 more years. He's hedging his bets. If Stevie is out of the equation for 2 years he's probably thinking there's mileage in a Lindsey, Mike, Neil line up. Not as much as if Stevie was there, but there'd be a degree of intrigue.
...and its actually an interesting proposition. I might be tempted to part with money to see them.
Couldn't they just call it BuckVie, and still tour that album? I'd go to several shows(as long as it's goat free).

They could call it FM if the goat definitely wasn't coming back.