The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-07-2020, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I bet it's a new album or something for a soundtrack.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He reposted the In Your Dreams album cover on instagram.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Here's hoping whatever it is sounds a hell of a lot better than the 24K album. Her voice sounds so awful compared to the mixing for In Your Dreams. I know it was a slightly rushed project but sheesh.
The 24k album was her best album since the Wild Heart.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
With her current vocals it will be terrible . I shudder to think of how she will sound now croaking or shouting out the lyrics to "Forest of the Black Roses" .Can't they just use the old demos vocals and record new music
Forest of the Black Roses is such a beautiful song! I think Stevie can still sing. SFTV is not the best example, as it was recorded entirely in three weeks, but I still love most of those songs. I’d love to see her do more duets and collaborations with other artists. The recent (ish) Lady Antebellum, Lana Del Rey and Leeann Rimes collaborations stand out to me, not to mention Carousel with Vanessa Carlton and the amazing and haunting Redemption Day with Sheryl Crow. Plus, she’s friends with Haim, Harry Styles and now The 1975... I think she could and should reach out to her friends for this one. The Rhiannon movie has been her passion project forever and it would be so cool to really see her sit in the producer chair.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Forest of the Black Roses is such a beautiful song! I think Stevie can still sing. SFTV is not the best example, as it was recorded entirely in three weeks, but I still love most of those songs. I’d love to see her do more duets and collaborations with other artists. The recent (ish) Lady Antebellum, Lana Del Rey and Leeann Rimes collaborations stand out to me, not to mention Carousel with Vanessa Carlton and the amazing and haunting Redemption Day with Sheryl Crow. Plus, she’s friends with Haim, Harry Styles and now The 1975... I think she could and should reach out to her friends for this one. The Rhiannon movie has been her passion project forever and it would be so cool to really see her sit in the producer chair.
I like the thought of a few duets on an Album (not all duets)..it would help lighten her sound a little.
Yes, she can still sing .....but it’s a very alto sounding voice these days (too much booze and fags).
I like her voice nowadays if she sang quieter, not that forthright, almost flat sound she sings sometimes.
Unfortunately I don’t think Mr Stewart is the guy to pull that off.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
The 24k album was her best album since the Wild Heart.
24KG is pure unrestrained Stevie, and I like the variety and even most of her vocals on the album. Probably my favourite of her 8 studio albums, there is no effort to overdo, no grasping for a top 10 hit, no songs written by anyone else. It seems just so much more genuine than the other albums. I welcome a second volume with open arms.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
24KG is pure unrestrained Stevie, and I like the variety and even most of her vocals on the album. Probably my favourite of her 8 studio albums, there is no effort to overdo, no grasping for a top 10 hit, no songs written by anyone else. It seems just so much more genuine than the other albums. I welcome a second volume with open arms.
I agree, especially with the part where you said the album felt genuine. It was pure Stevie and the classic rock production fit her voice. In Your Dreams did not feel genuine. It sounded like she just wanted a pop hit and the songs sorta sounded the same. It was overproduced and didn’t really fit her.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post

I agree wholeheartedly. Even though I love the duet version with Lindsey a lot I also LOVE Twisted here on 24KG. Also the Dealer Vocals and the title track. amazing!
Old 05-08-2020, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
In Your Dreams was excellent up to about song 7 then it went south on me. Ghosts Are Gone, Italian Summer, Cheaper Then Free, Everybody Loves You etc didn't quite work for me. TISL is my favourite album of hers. I can relate to lost of things in those collection of songs.
I loved "Everybody Loves You", one of my favorites on the album. "Italian Summer" is pretty great too, esp the long note at the end.

I'm fine with "Cheaper Than Free". Its an ok song for me, I don't have the utter hatred for it that some do.

"Ghosts Are Gone" gets a lot of love from people that like, but I didn't like the guitar hook at all.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
He reposted the In Your Dreams album cover on instagram.
Well that seems like a pretty big hint.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Well that seems like a pretty big hint.
Nah. They were just celebrating it's anniversary for I can't remember how many years.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Yasss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I loved "Everybody Loves You", one of my favorites on the album. "Italian Summer" is pretty great too, esp the long note at the end.

I'm fine with "Cheaper Than Free". Its an ok song for me, I don't have the utter hatred for it that some do.

"Ghosts Are Gone" gets a lot of love from people that like, but I didn't like the guitar hook at all.
ELY is a good song, and Cheaper than Free has an amazing line.. 'more important than freedom, Being needed' such a poignant sentiment.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hear she's going to release a double album of all her songs produced by LB re recorded. She said they will be done the way "I intended them to sound before he went crazy with his overdubs" Sounds crazy? It's something that ingrate would do. Gypsy will be just her and a piano, as will Sara and it will be a 28 minute long version. She says her voice sounds just the way it did in 1975 so this won't be a problem. In other news it turns out Christine was really playing piano on the last tour and Mick is in if for the art.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 06-28-2020 at 08:06 PM..
Old 06-28-2020, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I hear she's going to release a double album of all her songs produced by LB re recorded. She said they will be done the way "I intended them to sound before he went crazy with his overdubs" Sounds crazy? It's something that ingrate would do. Gypsy will be just her and a piano, as will Sara and it will be a 28 minute long version. She says her voice sounds just the way it did in 1975 so this won't be a problem. In other news it turns out Christine was really playing piano on the last tour and Mick is in if for the art.
I love you. That. Is. All.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Her lead single from that new album will be a new track addressed to the 1974 lineup, entitled "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?"