User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Hmmm. This explains a lot.
I had the same beef you did. The burning bridges, her songs live didn't translate well, etc etc. etc..

I didn't realize he was mad Christine left. I thought he was happy she left.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:44 AM
Junior Ledgie

I just want to know if Stevie, Mick, and the rest who had a hand in firing Lindsey know how badly they messed up.

Meanwhile, Lindsey seems more respected and liked than all the current members of Fleetwood Mac combined.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick, Christine and John must have been "sick of dealing with him", like some LB's eternal haters like to explain here, but it probably never crossed their minds to plot his firing. The master mind of Lindsey's firing was Stevie. And she probably had been plotting it since 1997.

Even Richard Dashut told that story of meeting Stevie in 2017 at one of her concerts after a long time of not seeing each other, and Richard explaining to her how he had spent the last 30 years trying to forget them (or something like that), and then Stevie proceed to tell him one of the strangest answers ever: "Don't you understand?! It's Lindsey! He did this to all of us!"

So, yeah, the woman has been plotting his demise since forever.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seeing how this all ended up, Destiny Rules doc randomly appeared on my YouTube suggestions so I watched it again and got unexpectedly really depressed when it got to the section where it's just Lindsey and Stevie and he is talking about how this album is basically the chance to plot a new course, rewrite all the wrongs and have a good time with each other making something special.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Seeing how this all ended up, Destiny Rules doc randomly appeared on my YouTube suggestions so I watched it again and got unexpectedly really depressed when it got to the section where it's just Lindsey and Stevie and he is talking about how this album is basically the chance to plot a new course, rewrite all the wrongs and have a good time with each other making something special.
Yeah, try doing that with someone you HATE.

I ALWAYS hated their fake love on stage, kissing, holding hands, etc... I never believed it, EVER. No shipper gene in my body...

Looking back now, it's even more nauseating.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yeah, try doing that with someone you HATE.

I ALWAYS hated their fake love on stage, kissing, holding hands, etc... I never believed it, EVER. No shipper gene in my body...

Looking back now, it's even more nauseating.
Eh, I don't necessarily view that scene in particular as faux shipping or a stage act, I genuinely believe Lindsey wanted to make amends creatively as he admires, and probably still does, her writing talent. As much as he may hate her personally I still believe he loved the creative body of work they produced as a duo and think that is what he wanted back; a non-hostile and beneficial working relationship.

You can see it in her face. Stevie is many things but a talented actress she is not. You can clearly tell her feelings during that doc and they are all over the place. She likes the magic they create as evident during the beginning of the recording phase, introducing her demos, ect. It drives her. It's when Lindsey becomes 'the Producer' and 'the Artsy take risks' guy that he wrecks her nerves.

Last edited by KenshiMaster16; 05-03-2020 at 06:23 PM..
Old 05-03-2020, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Eh, I don't necessarily view that scene in particular as faux shipping or a stage act, I genuinely believe Lindsey wanted to make amends creatively as he admires, and probably still does, her writing talent. As much as he may hate her personally I still believe he loved the creative body of work they produced as a duo and think that is what he wanted back; a non-hostile and beneficial working relationship.

You can see it in her face. Stevie is many things but a talented actress she is not. You can clearly tell her feelings during that doc and they are all over the place. She likes the magic they create as evident during the beginning of the recording phase, introducing her demos, ect. It drives her. It's when Lindsey becomes 'the Producer' and 'the Artsy take risks' guy that he wrecks her nerves.
I agree that he was always honoring their body of work.

The hand holding and kissing was completely disrespectful to his WIFE, huge paycheck or not. Disrespectful on both their parts.

I'm sure it was miserable for all parties involved. He tolerated her, but she couldn't do the same for him, in the end.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree that he was always honoring their body of work.

The hand holding and kissing was completely disrespectful to his WIFE, huge paycheck or not. Disrespectful on both their parts.

I'm sure it was miserable for all parties involved. He tolerated her, but she couldn't do the same for him, in the end.
Indeed. I believe she let her ego run wild. What he probably only thought was constant constructive criticism, wanting to bring out the very best of her work, she probably took as a complete and utter sign of disrespect. That and his need to always push boundaries what with experimental sounds, outward thinking when she always plays it relatively safe so to speak. Just wasn't a match in the end. Just a shame she couldn't hold out for one more farewell tour then pack it up and leave, all of them for that matter. We all know the band is over anyway. If all that's left is festivals, if the well is creatively dry, if the drive to record is gone, why bother?
Old 05-03-2020, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Indeed. I believe she let her ego run wild. What he probably only thought was constant constructive criticism, wanting to bring out the very best of her work, she probably took as a complete and utter sign of disrespect. That and his need to always push boundaries what with experimental sounds, outward thinking when she always plays it relatively safe so to speak. Just wasn't a match in the end. Just a shame she couldn't hold out for one more farewell tour then pack it up and leave, all of them for that matter. We all know the band is over anyway. If all that's left is festivals, if the well is creatively dry, if the drive to record is gone, why bother?
Yep. We all know how it should have ended. Everyone except Stevie knows. Because she only cares about Stevie.

Do you think she has any remorse over it? I don't.

She's surrounded herself with PAID yes people, who fawn over even her gassy days.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep. We all know how it should have ended. Everyone except Stevie knows. Because she only cares about Stevie.

She's surrounded herself with PAID yes people, who fawn over even her gassy days.

I think she would get around to feeling remorse if those yes men / women vanished. But that will never happen. They let her off wiyh no consequences, no realty and truth telling. It definitely does not help that her mom was clearly some sort of mental anchor for her and since shes been gone, Stevie's inner diva is wild and free with no one to reign it in and ground her in reality. Lindsey clearly found that for himself in his wife and kids. At the end of the day, if all the fame and riches were gone, I bet Lindsey would still have her back despite having moved on from the relationship. We all know Mick wouldn't, not if she couldn't contribute to his bank account.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think she would get around to feeling remorse if those yes men / women vanished. But that will never happen. They let her off wiyh no consequences, no realty and truth telling. It definitely does not help that her mom was clearly some sort of mental anchor for her and since shes been gone, Stevie's inner diva is wild and free with no one to reign it in and ground her in reality. Lindsey clearly found that for himself in his wife and kids. At the end of the day, if all the fame and riches were gone, I bet Lindsey would still have her back despite having moved on from the relationship. We all know Mick wouldn't, not if she couldn't contribute to his bank account.
^^^^
Yep, all of that.

Everyone(I mean, her fans) have always said that her Mom was her grounding force, and when Mama died, it was Ego Mania Gone Wild. She's the greatest. Just ask her.

And she's always hated it that Lindsey found the loving home and family life that she never could.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Mick, Christine and John must have been "sick of dealing with him", like some LB's eternal haters like to explain here, but it probably never crossed their minds to plot his firing. The master mind of Lindsey's firing was Stevie. And she probably had been plotting it since 1997.

Even Richard Dashut told that story of meeting Stevie in 2017 at one of her concerts after a long time of not seeing each other, and Richard explaining to her how he had spent the last 30 years trying to forget them (or something like that), and then Stevie proceed to tell him one of the strangest answers ever: "Don't you understand?! It's Lindsey! He did this to all of us!"

So, yeah, the woman has been plotting his demise since forever.
I agree with you. You blame the person responsible. It's easy to hate Mick, but he didn't birth this, his hand was forced. He went along so could keep working in the millions. And Mick is Mick. He's going to always go for the cash. He needs to fund his life.

But, to use your star power to get someone fired?? And have mgmt do it??? That's the lowest of the low!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-05-2020 at 09:18 AM..
Old 05-05-2020, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will never get it. I mean they did exactly what she wanted which was endless GH tours vs going in and making new music and having a new vital chapter in the band.

It is such a shame that all this band has mainly done since 97 is look back instead of looking forward. I wonder if SN had left back then vs Christine how many new albums we would have gotten from them?
Old 05-05-2020, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree. Too many hangers on and or yes men who fawn over her and never rock the boat. I hope they all have money because when she stops singing and or touring there goes the meal ticket.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The fact that she minimized his heart attack and sprayed it with fairy dust tells you how much remorse she feels. None. None at all.

She's probably eagerly waiting for the final axe over his head...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.