The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 04-27-2013, 11:21 AM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,391
Default

I like all the set lists without her Fleetwood Mac songs........It gives plenty of room for more of her rarities she hasn't performed.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-27-2013, 07:00 PM
dark stevie dark stevie is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 17
Default

she appears and says.....

".....welcome to the last night of this very LAST tour.....this is special for US (her & band) because WE ("us" and her & band)wish it wasnt over...but ..thank u for being here....i'm STILL so honored that u came..."

she sings "she loves him still".....

then i dont care if she "sits down and crochets...." then...."sings a vocal"...... "crochets"..."tells a story"...."crochets"..."takes a nap"........ LM*O
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-28-2013, 01:43 AM
windbecame windbecame is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: waukesha, wi
Posts: 233
Default

What a cool thread idea! .. I don't post very often, but will weigh in later... after i get over trixie, tiffany, tina
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-28-2013, 09:19 PM
FierySequences FierySequences is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark stevie View Post
she appears and says.....

".....welcome to the last night of this very LAST tour.....this is special for US (her & band) because WE ("us" and her & band)wish it wasnt over...but ..thank u for being here....i'm STILL so honored that u came..."

she sings "she loves him still".....

then i dont care if she "sits down and crochets...." then...."sings a vocal"...... "crochets"..."tells a story"...."crochets"..."takes a nap"........ LM*O
too funny
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-28-2013, 09:27 PM
FierySequences FierySequences is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Why are we discussing her last tour if all of you dont mind asking.I know we are getting older .It sounds depressing talking about this.
Don't sweat it, Macfan (Skippy). I see this as another opportunity to recreate another "Enchanted" tour or Best of. We all know in media Stevie has said several times she will Rock until she can't. This is Make Believe, which most of us here like.

If my set was accurate, then I would have to replace 3-5 songs for newer ones that she has yet to record or do a final recording of a demo. I'm not giving up hope that We Will See and Hear some previous demos finalized. Hmm..2014 sounds about right for a new batch of songs and/or Enchanted II.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention or ask how many times has Tina and Cher said "this is the farewell tour" and then came out of retirement 2 yrs. later? I'm counting twice all-together (my math could be wrong)

Last edited by FierySequences; 04-28-2013 at 09:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Macfanforever's Avatar
Macfanforever Macfanforever is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wallyworld CT
Posts: 10,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
Don't sweat it, Macfan (Skippy). I see this as another opportunity to recreate another "Enchanted" tour or Best of. We all know in media Stevie has said several times she will Rock until she can't. This is Make Believe, which most of us here like.

If my set was accurate, then I would have to replace 3-5 songs for newer ones that she has yet to record or do a final recording of a demo. I'm not giving up hope that We Will See and Hear some previous demos finalized. Hmm..2014 sounds about right for a new batch of songs and/or Enchanted II.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention or ask how many times has Tina and Cher said "this is the farewell tour" and then came out of retirement 2 yrs. later? I'm counting twice all-together (my math could be wrong)
Ok I see what you mean and agree about Tina and Cher.

Others throw the towel in and continue like the Eagles . Barbra Streisand just name a couple.

Who knows my country faves Alabama and Brooks and Dunn might come back alive soon.
__________________
Skip R........

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-29-2013, 10:03 AM
TheSorcerer TheSorcerer is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 89
Default

Something like this:

Rooms on Fire
Dreams
No Spoken Word
Mirror, Mirror
Stop Dragging My Heart Around
Gold and Braid
Rhiannon
Battle of the Dragon
How Still My Love
Sara
If I Were You
Bella Donna
Sable on Blonde
Illume
Planets of the Universe
Gold Dust Woman
I Can't Wait
Landslide
Edge of Seventeen
Beauty and the Beast
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-23-2020, 09:22 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 3,013
Default

Please forgive me (Bryan Adams cover)
Storms
Whenever you need a friend (duet with a surprise singer)
Edge of 17
Talk To Me
Landslide
Rooms on fire
Sistes of the Moon
Leather And Lace (duet with another surprise singer)
Gypsy
If Anyone falls
Destiny
Secret Love
Affairs of the Heart

Encore:
Nightbird
Blue Denim
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-23-2020, 11:16 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Are you kidding? This is their farewell tour.
Agreed ..that is probably it for Fleetwood Mac..that one final cash grab. I predict that Stevie will tour until she is 80ish although she should retire now.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-24-2020, 01:07 AM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Agreed ..that is probably it for Fleetwood Mac..that one final cash grab. I predict that Stevie will tour until she is 80ish although she should retire now.
I used to be a HUGE fan of hers. She has ruined it.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-24-2020, 01:26 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I used to be a HUGE fan of hers. She has ruined it.
She ruined it all. She can't really sing anymore. These geriatric stars are addicted to the fame, though. Being on stage makes them feel like... viable product.

Bless her heart(that's southern for **** ***).
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-24-2020, 07:32 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 3,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She ruined it all. She can't really sing anymore. These geriatric stars are addicted to the fame, though. Being on stage makes them feel like... viable product.

Really? Not even with this (updated) setlist?

Please forgive me (Bryan Adams cover)
Perfect Storms
Whenever you need a... friend (duet with a surprise singer)
Edge of 2017
Talk To Him
Landslide
Rooms on fire
Sisters of the Spoon
Leather And Lies (duet with another surprise singer)
Gypsy
If Everyone falls
Destiny does not rule
$ecret Love
Affairs of the Wallet
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-24-2020, 12:41 PM
Buster Buster is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 209
Default

Moving past the haters.....

I would love for her to perform Bella Donna in its entirety. Otherwise, my ideal farewell set would be something like (not in order):

Gold and Braid
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
Gold Dust Woman
Landslide
Sleeping Angel
Talk to Me
Rooms on Fire
Wild Heart/Bella Donna (ideally not a medley)
Stand Back
Edge of 17
Beauty and the Beast
Violet and Blue
Blue Denim
Fall from Grace
Moonlight
The Dealer
Outside the Rain
Dreams
Sable on Blond
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-24-2020, 02:07 PM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 805
Default

Crying In The Night
Long Distance Winner
Sisters Of The Moon
Sleeping Angel
Rooms On Fire
Candlebright
Seven Wonders
Everybody Finds Out
Trouble In Shangri-La
Stand Back
Blue Denim
Running Through The Garden
–acoustic set
Garbo
Races Are Run
I Don't Want To Know
That's Alright
Gypsy
–end of acoustic set
Edge Of Seventeen
Angel
The Chain
Storms
Frozen Love
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-24-2020, 06:19 PM
lovethemac1's Avatar
lovethemac1 lovethemac1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: center of Canada
Posts: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Really? Not even with this (updated) setlist?

Please forgive me (Bryan Adams cover)
Perfect Storms
Whenever you need a... friend (duet with a surprise singer)
Edge of 2017
Talk To Him
Landslide
Rooms on fire
Sisters of the Spoon
Leather And Lies (duet with another surprise singer)
Gypsy
If Everyone falls
Destiny does not rule
$ecret Love
Affairs of the Wallet

Took me a minute, but
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved