User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Billy Burnette had a similar experience- shortly after it was announced Lindsey had been fired and replaced by Neil and Mike, he had emergency heart surgery. Very sad, and thank God, like Lindsey, he's recovering.
Perhaps the stress of FM passing him over contributed to Burnette's issue too, and perhaps the band should be evaluating the medical condition of potential hirings and firings before making such moves.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Perhaps the stress of FM passing him over contributed to Burnette's issue too, and perhaps the band should be evaluating the medical condition of potential hirings and firings before making such moves.
Or just retire the dinosaurs(all of them).
Old 03-26-2019, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Or just retire the dinosaurs(all of them).
They're truly dinosaurs. Some people here think they're the greatest rock band of all time because they're ready to gross $100 million. I wouldn't expect less if you're bringing Campbell and Finn.

KISS is ready to gross $200 million.
If you think about it $100 million is lame.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Could be. But no agency or organization should hire somebody so they won't be stressed out, nor should they not fire somebody so they won't be stressed. Using your logic, would it have been ok for FM to fire Lindsey because a physical showed he had heart issues? Of course not, but you brought it up, so do you think that should be the case? A lot of people get fired and don't have emergency heart surgery... even in rock bands. Lindsey must be the exception. I could swear somebody said his father and brother died from some sort of heart issue. But some people (oh, why not just say names- you and elle) say that's just a coincidence and has nothing to do with what happened to Lindsey. It was all because FM fired him. Maybe Lindsey can sue FM again for causing him to have surgery. He wouldn't have a case, because no judge or jury would discount his family history and blame it solely on stress. Well, maybe the 5 people on this board who won't acknowledge the role heredity plays in heart disease or attacks... or at least in Lindsey's case.

It's funny that some people think heredity doesn't play any role in what happened to Lindsey. In others news, some people say the world is flat...
Old 03-26-2019, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's funny that some people think heredity doesn't play any role in what happened to Lindsey. In others news, some people say the world is flat...
Same way some people think stress didn't play any role in what happened. He's 70 years old. He has been carrying his heritage for that long and yet..... was it coincidence that his heritage took a prominent role when he was fired?

In other news, a singer who never played any musical instrument in her entire life will be inducted to the RRHOF.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-26-2019, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
In other news, a singer who never played any musical instrument in her entire life will be inducted to the RRHOF.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
OMG! Christine McVie was replaced by Stevie ****ing Nicks!!!!! Please!!!!! One song doesn't make her a piano player.

Next time you want to try to prove something, just say it. I'm not gonna watch another stupid video of Nicks twirling and telling someone what a martyr she is.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tina Turner? The Supremes? Madonna? The Temptations? I wasn't aware one had to play an instrument to be in the RRHOF.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tina Turner? The Supremes? Madonna? The Temptations? I wasn't aware one had to play an instrument to be in the RRHOF.
Tina Turner was never inducted as a solo artist.

Madonna plays guitar.

Thanks for playing.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tina Turner was never inducted as a solo artist.

Madonna plays guitar.

Thanks for playing.
LOL Well, Madonna is as well known for her guitar playing as Stevie Nicks is for her piano playing. And you made no comment about the Supremes, who played no instrument. So no, one doesn't have to play a musical instrument to be in the RRHOF.

And button-lip, thank you for playing
Old 03-27-2019, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL Well, Madonna is as well known for her guitar playing as Stevie Nicks is for her piano playing. And you made no comment about the Supremes, who played no instrument. So no, one doesn't have to play a musical instrument to be in the RRHOF.

And button-lip, thank you for playing
Nicks isn't known for her piano playing. At all. She even said she doesn't play piano. I always knew Madonna plays guitar. Maybe because is a bit more important in the music industry than Nicks.
Group efforts are not discussed here. The Supremes doesn't count. I also didn't mention The Temptations. Is different with groups.

As long as you have someone ready to PAY for your induction, you don't even need to distinguish the musical notes. That's why genuine ROCK women like Chrissie Hynde, Ann and Nancy Wilson, Tina Turner, and the list goes on and on and on, were never inducted as solo artists.

Coincidence that the same year she kicked Lindsey out of the band she was inducted as a solo artist? I don't think so.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
There may have been a few anecdotal instances of that, but enough people had their cell phones waiving during DDIO to tell me that’s BS.
lol, let me rebut your anecdote with a completely arbitrary one of my own! This is fun.

Quote:
Jeez Louise, guys, this isn't hard: no one is saying heredity didn't play a role. That includes Elle, who you called out by name for some reason, despite the fact she clearly articulated this in a previous post. And no one can say definitively that the events of 2018 CAUSED a heart attack. Quit propping up a straw man so you can feel like you are "winning" this argument.

What people are saying is the events of 2018 may have served as a contributing factor for this cardiac event. (See the difference? It's called nuance, and we're all capable of it!) It's a theory, and it doesn't strike me as all that unreasonable.

Also, and I don't want to speak for cbBen so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I definitely read his post as sarcasm.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
who you called out by name for some reason, despite the fact she clearly articulated this in a previous post. And no one can say definitively that the events of 2018 CAUSED a heart attack. Quit propping up a straw man so you can feel like you are "winning" this argument.

What people are saying is the events of 2018 may have served as a contributing factor for this cardiac event. (See the difference? It's called nuance, and we're all capable of it!) It's a theory, and it doesn't strike me as all that unreasonable.

maybe some people really don't get the nuance, or sarcasm. or health and disease, risks and contributing factors. or maybe they are just trolling. hard to know.

so for people not getting it, both my twitter post and the follow up below are #sarcasm.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-26-2019, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
lol, let me rebut your anecdote with a completely arbitrary one of my own! This is fun.
Except that’s been pretty consistent in videos and reviews throughout the tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-26-2019, 02:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Except that’s been pretty consistent in videos and reviews throughout the tour.
Sorry, but waving a phone at a concert during a song that's been on the radio for 30+ years is not evidence that everyone doing so believes the same thing or is doing it for the same reasons. That's... preposterous? Surely you see this, right?