Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well well, well... who's about the money now? This also explains why no one is responding to his call and emails.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-11-2018 at 01:38 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Goodness that article is so melodramatic. Could it be fake?
Old 10-11-2018, 01:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Radaronline, US weekly and the Enquirer are the only ones reporting this. Just sayin'
Old 10-11-2018, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_k View Post
Radaronline, US weekly and the Enquirer are the only ones reporting this. Just sayin'
Someone sold the story to them then. It's real. There's a court filing. Irving's going to fight dirty on this one. Get ready for all the dirt to come out.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-11-2018 at 01:49 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Hmm... who might be encouraging Lindsey to sue Fleetwood Mac? Now I'm not sayin' she's a gold digger...
Old 10-12-2018, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Hmm... who might be encouraging Lindsey to sue Fleetwood Mac? Now I'm not sayin' she's a gold digger...
It actually gives great insight to how much they're getting per show per member. Mick, Stevie and Chris getting the lions share and Neil and Mike are hired guns, aka contract players, getting far less. Still, not a bad amount of $$ for a 50 show tour.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
It actually gives great insight to how much they're getting per show per member. Mick, Stevie and Chris getting the lions share and Neil and Mike are hired guns, aka contract players, getting far less. Still, not a bad amount of $$ for a 50 show tour.
Yes. Someone remarked in one of these threads (before the Complaint appeared) that they thought that Mick and John owned Fleetwood Mac and that the rest of the Rumours Five were employees. The Complaint shows this not to be the case; instead, I think it's safe to assume that Lindsey never would have agreed to join the band in 1974/1975 as a hired gun, so they would have joined as full creative members with a say in the band's direction; whereas I assume the likes of Billy Burnette were probably contract hires, at least for the Tango tour. Perhaps it's a clause in the contracts for Neil and Mike that there is an option to become full members if and when this tour proves a success.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I think it's safe to assume that Lindsey never would have agreed to join the band in 1974/1975 as a hired gun, so they would have joined as full creative members with a say in the band's direction; whereas I assume the likes of Billy Burnette were probably contract hires, at least for the Tango tour. Perhaps it's a clause in the contracts for Neil and Mike that there is an option to become full members if and when this tour proves a success.
I just wanted to add that in Billy Burnette's book, he said he and Rick were formally added to FM by Mick, John, Christine, and Stevie. Not sure exactly what that means, but the fact they all recorded Behind the Mask also suggests they were, in fact, full members. So you could be right that they were contracted for the Tango tour, but became full members during or shortly after said tour.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Yes. Someone remarked in one of these threads (before the Complaint appeared) that they thought that Mick and John owned Fleetwood Mac and that the rest of the Rumours Five were employees. The Complaint shows this not to be the case; instead, I think it's safe to assume that Lindsey never would have agreed to join the band in 1974/1975 as a hired gun, so they would have joined as full creative members with a say in the band's direction; whereas I assume the likes of Billy Burnette were probably contract hires, at least for the Tango tour. Perhaps it's a clause in the contracts for Neil and Mike that there is an option to become full members if and when this tour proves a success.
According to Mick's first book, when $tevie and Lindsey first joined, they were given a salary of $200/ week. After a short time, they realized that things were really clicking, then they were given full member status.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
According to Mick's first book, when $tevie and Lindsey first joined, they were given a salary of $200/ week. After a short time, they realized that things were really clicking, then they were given full member status.
Yes, thanks for mentioning that. And it's because not only were the band trialling FM (particularly the compatability with Christine) but BN were trialling the band (from Lindsey's perspective anyway). Who knows how resigned Stevie may have been to accepting that status on a longer term basis, but for Lindsey it would have been anathema.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't post "fake" news. it's real.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
You can look it up on the court website but it costs $ I almost wonder how much though because boy would that be a fun read. Maybe Radar Online will post the filing?

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-11-2018 at 02:22 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 03:53 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
You can look it up on the court website but it costs $ I almost wonder how much though because boy would that be a fun read. Maybe Radar Online will post the filing?
We'll start a Ledge GoFundMe and raise funds. Inquiring minds...

This band just can't quit the drama. I realize some people are really upset by what went down...but I just find it all hilarious. Fleetwood Mac can't help but keep on Fleetwood Mac-ing.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Sorry, I wasn't suggesting you were at fault, I just wondered if someone in the "media" ran with some misinformation.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't suggesting you were at fault, I just wondered if someone in the "media" ran with some misinformation.
No problem. Thank you!