User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Such incredible intensity in the way they are singing that to each other. So much power.

Sorry Stevie, pointing and squinting your eyes at Neil during "The Chain" isn't going to have the same effect.
What if she tosses in a poorly timed wellllllll or heyyyyyyy whilst point-squinting at him??
Old 09-08-2018, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Such incredible intensity in the way they are singing that to each other. So much power.

Sorry Stevie, pointing and squinting your eyes at Neil during "The Chain" isn't going to have the same effect.

That WAS REAL! No fakeness(is this a legit word?) there!! Neil and Stevie dynamic?! NAH, not seeing it.

Last edited by jwd; 09-08-2018 at 08:38 PM..
Old 09-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
That WAS REAL! No fakeness(is this a legit word?) there!! Neil and Stevie dynamic?! NAH, not seeing it.
Seriously! People rag on SnL for being fake on stage, but there were real moments like that one, and even when they were doing it for the fans at least the lyrics always had real meaning to them. They could always draw upon that meaning to find the passion to pour into their singing.

There is no such thing as a "Neil and Stevie dynamic" and yet there she goes... desperately trying to act as if he shares even a modicum of history with her by singing at him. Pathetic. And I can understand why Neil might have a hard time singing passionately when he's performing a song that doesn't relate to him in any way.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Seriously! People rag on SnL for being fake on stage, but there were real moments like that one, and even when they were doing it for the fans at least the lyrics always had real meaning to them. They could always draw upon that meaning to find the passion to pour into their singing.

There is no such thing as a "Neil and Stevie dynamic" and yet there she goes... desperately trying to act as if he shares even a modicum of history with her by singing at him. Pathetic. And I can understand why Neil might have a hard time singing passionately when he's performing a song that doesn't relate to him in any way.
I'm sure the long list of YouTube videos that are forthcoming from this
Nixwood Mac tour will be truly puke worthy showcasing a FAKE Neil and Stevie connection. BLAH!
Old 09-08-2018, 09:11 PM
sodascouts
This message has been deleted by sodascouts. Reason: Decided not to subject people to the Chain video again.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Guys, I just went back to watch that awful Chain video again to contrast it (I know, masochistic)...

And they've fixed the sound! You can hear John's bass now and I think Stevie's voice a bit better (although that might be my speakers)... I guess they added overdubs or remixed, something like that, and re-uploaded? Saved over the old file?

Check it out if you're curious! The bass solo is quite audible.

Still inferior of course, but I guess they realized they needed to do something to try to make it sound better.
Definitely hearing John's bass line loud and clear. Sounds good.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Definitely hearing John's bass line loud and clear. Sounds good.
lol! Not realizing you'd replied, I went back and deleted my post because I thought "Nobody wants to watch that video again." Still, it is interesting that the backlash was bad enough that they felt they had to go back and fix the sound.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol! Not realizing you'd replied, I went back and deleted my post because I thought "Nobody wants to watch that video again." Still, it is interesting that the backlash was bad enough that they felt they had to go back and fix the sound.
Sorry I can delete my post. But who the **** cares? When you're drinking, watching a train wreck is especially entertaining.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry I can delete my post. But who the **** cares? When you're drinking, watching a train wreck is especially entertaining.
I've switched over to red wine in my old age but watching that performance makes me want to switch back to the copious amounts of Jack and cognac I once consumed in my youth.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I've switched over to red wine in my old age but watching that performance makes me want to switch back to the copious amounts of Jack and cognac I once consumed in my youth.
Cheers! There are positive things to say about the "New Mac"!

Old 09-08-2018, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the even better version of S&L doing that song is the MGM Grand show, which I think was the last night of the tour. She lost it and it was AMAZINGLY powerful to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuJC4XgGPx8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnh4qRCLwLc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ2cvZr-tVw

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-08-2018 at 11:06 PM..
Old 09-08-2018, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Nancy Drew and The Clue in the Video Clip

Wow. I can't believe "they" went back and tweaked the mixing so dramatically. And DAYS after the fact. And on a weekend. (I rewatched the clips on Saturday US time and Stevie was still completely inaudible on The Chain.)

Stranger and stranger...
Old 09-09-2018, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Do you really think that she was trying to pretend something or to fool anyone? She had a big smile on her face for most of the song so it hardly seems realistic that she was attempting to act out some kind of on-stage drama, as she would have with Lindsey. To me, it looked a lot more like she was being playful in order to loosen up a new band member in their first public performance.

Although, when they cut to a wide shot of the band, it looks even slightly more like she's actually pointing at Christine.

Of course, people have their beliefs about what happened within Fleetwood Mac, and so there are those who will interpret anything that happens on stage as SN gloating or being otherwise terrible in some way.

For the record, I thought it was a pretty lame performance overall, with the exception of a couple of notes in Mike Campbell's guitar solo.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Cheers! There are positive things to say about the "New Mac"!

Weren't you just impugning someone earlier this evening for your assessment of her maturity level?

Maybe you should not post while you're drinking.

Quote:
Huh. I wish we had the original to compare to because I don't see or hear anything different than I did the day of the performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
she was cranking her music and the beat was loud and annoying in the next room-- like she said, it's like when a car pulls up next to you and all you hear is the thumping of the bass. So she put on more mellow pop kinda music but he told Karen to tell her to turn that down too.

Yes, he was ticked off about the cover story and yes in this band that would be enough to complain about how loud her music was.

Why is that so hard for people to comprehend??

Do they not know this band??

She was playing the music as she was getting ready (hair makeup etc) for the show. She listens to music to get herself pumped up. The reporter was allowed to be there observing. That's how a lot of interviews are done. The reporter follows the subject around as they do what they do. Then at other points they sit quietly and talk. These stories are not done in just one appointment. smh

In fact, Mick came into Stevie's dressing room to have her makeup person do his stage makeup. The reporter was in Stevie's dressing room and other than a cursory "hello" Mick did not otherwise acknowledge or talk to the reporter because he too was peeved that she was doing a cover story about HERSELF and not the band. So he was boycotting giving the reporter any usable quotes from him which would make it seem like he was supporting the cover story.

she/ her management could easily have said "this is a band tour and Stevie would prefer to promote the band" but of course did NOT. That kind of thing is why she felt she could get LB fired.
You don't know that. And that's far from the only thing in this post that's an unsubstantiated assertion. You do not know Fleetwood Mac or its members personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol not that one! the one from May 2018 on Sirius, with the audio of the new band interview and then comments about the interviewer and another RS writer around it.
Why is that "lol"? Do you have a link? I don't remember seeing or hearing about this interview at all. I will do a search though, and share it if I find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
apparently people get off being intentionally obtuse. read the damn article.
It also seems that people get off here on being generally outraged or irritated about one thing or another.

I will wrap up this post now, before I find myself doing the same thing.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Do you really think that she was trying to pretend something or to fool anyone? She had a big smile on her face for most of the song so it hardly seems realistic that she was attempting to act out some kind of on-stage drama, as she would have with Lindsey. To me, it looked a lot more like she was being playful in order to loosen up a new band member in their first public performance.

Although, when they cut to a wide shot of the band, it looks even slightly more like she's actually pointing at Christine.

Of course, people have their beliefs about what happened within Fleetwood Mac, and so there are those who will interpret anything that happens on stage as SN gloating or being otherwise terrible in some way.

For the record, I thought it was a pretty lame performance overall, with the exception of a couple of notes in Mike Campbell's guitar solo.
The kind of stuff she's doing at 2:29-2:47, for instance, looks very much like that whole "act out the drama" bit she's always done with Lindsey.

Of course, that is indeed only my interpretation.

I respect your right to disagree, and I will not attempt to dismiss your interpretation by attributing it to "beliefs about what happened within Fleetwood Mac."

Old 09-09-2018, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The kind of stuff she's doing at 2:29-2:47, for instance, looks very much like that whole "act out the drama" bit she's always done with Lindsey.

Of course, that is indeed only my interpretation.

I respect your right to disagree, and I will not attempt to dismiss your interpretation by attributing it to "beliefs about what happened within Fleetwood Mac."
Thanks for your diplomacy.

I want to also mention that I do not personally have any beliefs about what happened within Fleetwood Mac. I plainly do not know or pretend to know or subscribe to any one or anyone's theory nor do I have any theories of my own. I wonder and I suspect about all different ones but I have none that I am interested in defending or backing up or justifying.

The only theory I subscribe to is "I don't know." I think that engaging with this new incarnation of FM is more enjoyable that way. Then, I'm just observing, and not feeling upset about a person on the stage who I think is a villain.

Of course, that's just me and my interpretation of how to go about it. Here again, I don't know.

Last edited by Nathan; 09-09-2018 at 01:22 AM..