User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

Imagine Dragons, Carrie Underwood, Justin Timberlake, Sam Smith, Jack White- yeah, what an embarrassing lineup

This is a brilliant move on their part, to introduce the new lineup to the public a week or two before the tour starts.

If FM made this move to make themselves look old,
then it was brilliant on their part. Were any of those
artist even born before Rumours came out? Okay,
Jack was maybe two years old.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
If FM made this move to make themselves look old,
then it was brilliant on their part. Were any of those
artist even born before Rumours came out? Okay,
Jack was maybe two years old.
For me, it doesn't matter whether anyone else on the lineup was born when Rumours came out. And the best way to get new fans is to appear with contemporaries or other acts who are popular. If someone sees Harry Styles gushing about FM or singing the Chain, they may check it out and become a fan themselves. Same thing when the Chain was featured in the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel- it exposed people, many whom weren't alive when Rumours came out, to their music.

Isn't that a good thing?
Old 06-14-2018, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Same thing when the Chain was featured in the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel- it exposed people, many whom weren't alive when Rumours came out, to their music.

Isn't that a good thing?
Yes, that's how I also became a fan, I heard landslide on the Glee TV show.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought Glastonbury wasn't happening this year. So how could FM headline a concert that isn't happening?

They are one of Michael Eavis' (Glastonbury founder/organiser) favourite bands and he's tried to get them to appear many times. They had a big chance to do Glasto in 2015 but chose the bigger payday from the Isle of Wight festival (stupid move- short term profit over long term profit and legacy).

Some people seem to think they are nailed on for next year. Certainly there's a good chance the US tour will wrap up by then and they'll come over to Europe. I'm very doubtful. Anyway, I'd be so frustrated the UK festival goers had so many chances to be blown away by the Rumours band over the past 15 years and they'll get a pale shadow of that now if they ever played.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-14-2018, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
They are one of Michael Eavis' (Glastonbury founder/organiser) favourite bands and he's tried to get them to appear many times. They had a big chance to do Glasto in 2015 but chose the bigger payday from the Isle of Wight festival (stupid move- short term profit over long term profit and legacy).

Some people seem to think they are nailed on for next year. Certainly there's a good chance the US tour will wrap up by then and they'll come over to Europe. I'm very doubtful. Anyway, I'd be so frustrated the UK festival goers had so many chances to be blown away by the Rumours band over the past 15 years and they'll get a pale shadow of that now if they ever played.
I agree totally. Such a shame to choose higher profit over smaller profit and legacy. Glastonbury is the number one festival to want to have on your CV. And you would only need to play a two hour set when headlining the Pyramid stage...
Old 06-15-2018, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We seem to be drowning in negativity in this forum Such a shame
Old 06-15-2018, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
We seem to be drowning in negativity in this forum Such a shame
Well, that is one thoroughly negative comment, that's for sure.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I can only think that a pure $tevie wor$hipper wouldn't be upset over the sh*t they pulled on Lindsey.

They're talking badly about my queen!!!!
Old 06-15-2018, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I thought it fitted in quite well with the general tone in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I can only think that a pure $tevie wor$hipper wouldn't be upset over the sh*t they pulled on Lindsey.

They're talking badly about my queen!!!!
Not really, just a FM fan pointing out the depressive, monotonous tone of rumours forum for the last 2 months.

It's totally understandable to be upset and p*ssed off, but it's going on and on and on and on......and on...and on... And I realise it won't stop, but that doesn't prevent me from wanting to, and being free to, comment on it.

Seriously, I was reading a few threads in here this morning, and starting to feel depressed
Old 06-15-2018, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Not really, just a FM fan pointing out the depressive, monotonous tone of rumours forum for the last 2 months.

It's totally understandable to be upset and p*ssed off, but it's going on and on and on and on......and on...and on... And I realise it won't stop, but that doesn't prevent me from wanting to, and being free to, comment on it.

Seriously, I was reading a few threads in here this morning, and starting to feel depressed
Well, OUR BAND came to an end.

I don't see it stopping, unfortunately.

I'd say we find it just as depressing as you do. Because it SUCKS.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well, OUR BAND came to an end.

I don't see it stopping, unfortunately.

I'd say we find it just as depressing as you do. Because it SUCKS.
Well I'm sorry that you feel that way, really I am. Some of us don't feel the band has come to an end, we just see it as another chapter.
We'll just have to find a way to hopefully, peacefully, co-exist in here.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well I'm sorry that you feel that way, really I am. Some of us don't feel the band has come to an end, we just see it as another chapter.

The Rumours line-up to which this forum is devoted is DEAD forever.

So the only thing to do on here is complain/mourn/conjecture, comment on the news that may come out pertaining to why it's dead FOREVER, or reminisce about what was but NEVER will be again.

We will never be able to talk about new music or new tours or new shows on this forum EVER again.

The Rumours line-up is DEAD. FOREVER.

With new music from Lindsey, hopefully we will move on to having a reason to move to the Lindsey forum and be more positive.

And even with new music and shows with the new line-up, we can move to the Post-Rumours section to commentate and may not be all doom and gloom. Even with this band, I look forward to hearing new Stevie and Christine compositions, so I'm not predisposed to hate. Even though they will create meaning in one undeniable context: THE RUMOURS LINE-UP IS DEAD.

FOREVER.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 06-15-2018 at 01:14 PM..
Old 06-15-2018, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know, Lindsey was never my favorite member, in 40 freaking years.

But he is now.

After Christine left, and he really stepped up to the plate, and showed everyone that he owned the stage, my respect really grew for him.

And then after he and Christine put out that WONDERFUL album last year, he was neck and neck with my (once) beloved Christine.

And then they pull this SH*T on him. He's now my favorite, hands down. And the only one who I'll be supporting with my money. #teamLindsey
Old 06-15-2018, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought it fitted in quite well with the general tone in here.

It's not going to stop, because like Homer said the band is dead. When someone dies it's depressing, not happy. It will always be depressing in this forum. Blame M$ck Fl$$twood and the Tambourine B/Witch for that.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
The Rumours line-up to which this forum is devoted is DEAD forever.

So the only thing to do on here is complain/mourn/conjecture, comment on the news that may come out pertaining to why it's dead FOREVER, or reminisce about what was but NEVER will be again.

We will never be able to talk about new music or new tours or new shows on this forum EVER again.

The Rumours line-up is DEAD. FOREVER.

With new music from Lindsey, hopefully we will move on to having a reason to move to the Lindsey forum and be more positive.

And even with new music and shows with the new line-up, we can move to the Post-Rumours section to commentate and may not be all doom and gloom. Even with this band, I look forward to hearing new Stevie and Christine compositions, so I'm not predisposed to hate. Even though they will create meaning in one undeniable context: THE RUMOURS LINE-UP IS DEAD.

FOREVER.
I agree the Rumours line-up is dead, and there is understandable mourning over that.

Others posters are saying the band is dead, but it's not, and we are not all depressed about the change. Some of us are trying our best to appreciate how upset some fans are, whilst at the same time having an interest in the future of the band.