User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Well, she loved him because he could help her become a star....
Cue the Sara demo:
"I don't want to be a cleaning lady..."

Old 04-30-2018, 09:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
We also have a very unique reggae/hip hop/dub-y sound that is hugely influenced by Maori and Pacific Island music and culture so we produce very individualist artists.....think Split Enz (Neil and Tim Finn), Lorde, Fat Freddys drop
I have some family roots in New Zealand and still some relatives there. There was rumour there was some Maori trace in our family and so we are musical... It was tall story, as were a few others!

I think it's great that they march to beat of their own drum because so much of music produced worldwide these days is lacking in originality. But interesting new talent continues to emerge from there.

Found the Finn brothers covering Bye Bye Love by Everly Brothers in 1980s. Stevie should enjoy singing with him.

But Idk, so much respect I have for him but a lot of drama to be thrown into. These guys are set in their ways now. I hope it doesn't become a bad coda for him.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Mey2V6nTZAA
Old 04-30-2018, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Well, she loved him because he could help her become a star....
Yes, I was talking about that in another thread. Last year on her solo tour, I think it was at the Columbus show, she dedicated Landslide to Lindsey and talked about that moment when she had to choose between coming back to Lindsey and their personal and professional career or coming back to school and a financial security.
There wasn't a time when she used the word 'love' while talking about coming back to Lindsey. But indeed it was convenient for her career.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Well I think she'll be in for a surprise when she goes on tour, because considering the wide backlash, I doubt that there won't be at least a couple of people in the crowd who make their displeasure known somehow.
True but she'll ignore them, she's good at that. And if she's hurt she's got enough people around her to comfort her and to reassure her she's "still the best EVER".

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-01-2018, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
That is pretty much what I have thought all along. Just like Michael Jackson, too many Yes-Men around kissing their butts. They get so far up their own a-- and have no idea how to deal with criticism.
Very true

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-01-2018, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I truly do wonder if she's seen/be made aware of any of this, particularly the signs around LA. I have to think SOMEONE was like, "Hey, Heads up...so there's this...." I actually think their demeanor during that horrendous interview last week indicates someone is whispering in someone's ear. Mick probably thinks any press is good press, but I do think she would be bothered by it. And I do think Christine and John would be too.
Like I said, she's very well protected by everyone. If they know about the signs they'd make her sit in the back of the car and in the middle of the seat so she wouldn't be able to see the outside very well. They'd probably take a detour to avoid those signs.
I'd like to think they'd be bothered by it, but considering the fact that they threw their 40+ years fans under the bus I doubt it. They'll probably think:"It'll all blow over once they (the fans) hear the music".

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-01-2018, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Not to mention what she did to "My Heart"...and didn't she have Mike Campbell re-work the track for IYD? I thought the original leaked version was way better.
it WAS better
and Lindsey was probably all over the TISL outtakes ... uncredited
that's why she ruined them all when they were officially released.

ETA: i hope whoever is posting those signs all around LA puts them in Stevie and Mick's letterboxes and has them made into T-shirts and they go to every show and stir up support

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 05-01-2018 at 02:29 AM..
Old 05-01-2018, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
Found the Finn brothers covering Bye Bye Love by Everly Brothers in 1980s. Stevie should enjoy singing with him.

But Idk, so much respect I have for him but a lot of drama to be thrown into. These guys are set in their ways now. I hope it doesn't become a bad coda for him.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Mey2V6nTZAA
Thanks for the link, the Finn brothers are amazing harmonisers.

Yeah I suspect it will be bad coda for him
Old 05-01-2018, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
True but she'll ignore them, she's good at that. And if she's hurt she's got enough people around her to comfort her and to reassure her she's "still the best EVER".
"Sometimes... I am surrounded... by too much love." At least at one point, Stevie was aware of that.

As far as people making a protest or something like that during the concert, wouldn't security just remove them? I don't know if it's just certain venues or what, but in Nationwide in Ohio I've seen several people removed for being loud, or likely they were drunk, too, but being loud seemed to be the cause. I've never seen a protest during a concert, or heard of one that occurred, so I'm curious.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

If you don't like the new lineup, don't go. Don't turn up with intent of ruining or sabotaging it for other audience members who want to go there and enjoy the experience. Talking about concert protests is stupid, with how security conscious they are nowadays - major concerts now being a target of terrorist attacks.

What is age level of people here? I would've thought more maturity with how long this group has been around. I consider myself neutral on the issue but am almost feeling ashamed of being FM fan with this sort of behaviour.

They tried to continue on the road, but they don't work together well in studio anymore. That's just how it is. Can't always get what you want. I guess you'll be happy though if they all walk off the stage and event spoiled for everyone else.

For years Lindsey has been acting as if he is leader of this band, and they were nothing before he came along. Could be the other long term members got sick of that and want to also cover the band's earlier history on these final tours. Not just the first few years of Stevie and Lindsey, ignoring all the others.

He's never cared about the roles of others in this band. Yes he is a great guitarist, probably the best I'll ever see live. But his attitude is a concern. He is no 'victim', I'm sure if he was more willing to compromise and negotiate something could've been worked out with him. Why should they put up with his self-important, controlling attitude for the rest of their years?
Old 05-01-2018, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
"Sometimes... I am surrounded... by too much love." At least at one point, Stevie was aware of that.

As far as people making a protest or something like that during the concert, wouldn't security just remove them? I don't know if it's just certain venues or what, but in Nationwide in Ohio I've seen several people removed for being loud, or likely they were drunk, too, but being loud seemed to be the cause. I've never seen a protest during a concert, or heard of one that occurred, so I'm curious.
I don't mean a protest or anything. I mean people possibly booing if they do a Lindsey song, or people maybe bringing posters etc.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you don't like the new lineup, don't go. Don't turn up with intent of ruining or sabotaging it for other audience members who want to go there and enjoy the experience. Talking about concert protests is stupid, with how security conscious they are nowadays - major concerts now being a target of terrorist attacks.

What is age level of people here? I would've thought more maturity with how long this group has been around. I consider myself neutral on the issue but am almost feeling ashamed of being FM fan with this sort of behaviour.

They tried to continue on the road, but they don't work together well in studio anymore. That's just how it is. Can't always get what you want. I guess you'll be happy though if they all walk off the stage and event spoiled for everyone else.

For years Lindsey has been acting as if he is leader of this band, and they were nothing before he came along. Could be the other long term members got sick of that and want to also cover the band's earlier history on these final tours. Not just the first few years of Stevie and Lindsey, ignoring all the others.

He's never cared about the roles of others in this band. Yes he is a great guitarist, probably the best I'll ever see live. But his attitude is a concern. He is no 'victim', I'm sure if he was more willing to compromise and negotiate something could've been worked out with him. Why should they put up with his self-important, controlling attitude for the rest of their years?
Well first of all, Lindsey did not insist on delaying the tour or give any ultimatums.
And if Lindsey's got such an awful, egomaniacal attitude, then why is it that just one year ago, he and Christine made an album together, with Mick and John playing, and him producing and just about everybody involved had nothing but great things to say about the entire experience?
He and Christine also went out on tour for it and also had a fantastic time. Christine has always been quite honest hasn't she? And she had glowing things to say about it all and about working with Lindsey.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

May I guess who your favorite member is?

Maybe you're a newbie, and don't understand those of us that have followed this band since we were children.

Know what? Lindsey WAS the musical director of the band. HE was the one with the vision, and the skills to get there. Think Christine could've done that? Old Goat Breath? You severely underestimate his skills and vision, as the f*cking LEADER of FM.

Now they're a freaking cover band. I hope the tour crashes and burns.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
May I guess who your favorite member is?

Maybe you're a newbie, and don't understand those of us that have followed this band since we were children.

Know what? Lindsey WAS the musical director of the band. HE was the one with the vision, and the skills to get there. Think Christine could've done that? Old Goat Breath? You severely underestimate his skills and vision, as the f*cking LEADER of FM.

Now they're a freaking cover band. I hope the tour crashes and burns.
I really don't understand this prevailing commonplace that if you like an artist's output then you must like their persona, you can appreciate a work of art while still not appreciating the maker, for most normal people it's possible and in some cases maybe even recommended to differentate between the two things.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I really don't understand this prevailing commonplace that if you like an artist's output then you must like their persona, you can appreciate a work of art while still not appreciating the maker, for most normal people it's possible and in some cases maybe even recommended to differentate between the two things.
Well in this situation, practically everyone's argument is roughly equivalent to:
"Lindsey's a big jerk! That's why he got kicked out! He deserved it!"
Well then let's just say Lindsey is a big ole jerk, mean and nasty 24/7, ego the size of Russia and lets that be known every minute of every day. Even then, his work and what he's done for the band over the years is remarkable, and it is undeniable that he HAS been the musical leader of the band and the whole rest of the band AND those very same 'fans' have clearly appreciated the work he's always done.
So even in that situation, regardless of what you think about him as a person, the fact that he was axed so suddenly, in the twilight of their careers, over some basic conflict, after everything he's done, after having JUST finished making and touring what was essentially a Fleetwood Mac album (an experience that everyone involved seemed to love), is wrong.