User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Oh I'm not so sure. He's coming in in the weaker position-- she's the queen bee, she's had far, far more success than him, she's VERY aware of her sales figures, her name recognition, her pull with the media.... I mean Lindsey had a higher profile than Neill and she couldn't care less when it came to going against him on things. Nor Mick for that matter. She won't tolerate it, and he won't push too hard before he's put in his place. I'll wager on it
Yup! Neither Mike nor Neil will have their way over Stevie’s. Not sure there is much to fight about now though except the set list and I don’t think Stevie really cares what they play as long as she can take a break during those songs. However, I don’t see this lineup lasting after this tour.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

“We were never married, but we might as well have been,” Nicks said. “Some couples get divorced after 40 years. They break their kids' hearts and destroy everyone around them because it’s just hard. This is sad for me, but I want the next 10 years of my life to be really fun and happy.”

wasn't she saying after the last tour or somewhere thereabouts how she was looking forward to spending time in her fancy trailer up in Malibu, taking it easy, and getting to be home like she's never been able to be all these years??
Old 04-25-2018, 07:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Announcing this tour on National Pegiun Day cannot be lost! lol
So much for peguins mating for life....

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 04-25-2018, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
Announcing this tour on National Pegiun Day cannot be lost! lol
So much for peguins mating for life....
and no current band pic on TM - so you don't know what you are buying unless you read the small print around the penguin.

not to mention - tour start on LB's bday!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-25-2018, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Over the summer last year I was stuck on a long car ride so I listened to a bunch of Stevie radio interviews from the post-Tango, pre-Dance years when she was zonked out on klonopin and basically said anything with no filter and a few times she talked about Lindsey and she was sooooooo bitter. Whereas immediately following him leaving, she was basically relieved that he was gone because it was a break from their stressful dynamic, a few years afterwards she was just really, really bitter. There was a call in part of one of the interviews and the guy calling asked her something along the lines of "whatever happened to Lindsey Buckingham, do you still talk to him" and she said in this depressed voice that they don't talk, she wishes she did still talk to him, he doesn't talk to her and she hopes maybe one day they'll talk. And the radio host really awkwardly commented like "call her Lindsey!". And there are tons of other interviews where she says the same thing, how she was so so heartbroken this is how their relationship would end (and obviously blames it all on him not talking to her).

And things like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y5yWJ3K4OM
"I hope maybe someday he'll find it in his heart to spend some time with me again".

Basically, I think Stevie is going to regret this in a couple of years. It's not like she and Lindsey are friends/have a relationship outside of work. Her only connection to him was Fleetwood Mac and in spite of their difficult relationship, he was really like big catalyst of her life and I think she's going to regret letting it all end like this.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Basically, I think Stevie is going to regret this in a couple of years. It's not like she and Lindsey are friends/have a relationship outside of work. Her only connection to him was Fleetwood Mac and in spite of their difficult relationship, he was really like big catalyst of her life and I think she's going to regret letting it all end like this.
I agree with you. At some point (and given their advanced ages, it isn't that far into the future), she will regret that this happened. In some ways I see Lindsey being able to move on a lot better than she will (he did after leaving in '87). She seemingly obsesses over their relationship to this day. It is the defining thing in her life. If God forbid anything ever happened to him, she would be all over the place making it all about her and expressing regret at how their relationship (in general not the actual relationship that ended 40+ years ago) ended.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I agree with you. At some point (and given their advanced ages, it isn't that far into the future), she will regret that this happened. In some ways I see Lindsey being able to move on a lot better than she will (he did after leaving in '87). She seemingly obsesses over their relationship to this day. It is the defining thing in her life. If God forbid anything ever happened to him, she would be all over the place making it all about her and expressing regret at how their relationship (in general not the actual relationship that ended 40+ years ago) ended.
Yup! She said that herself before, that it was "pivotal" in her life. And it's honestly true, it's not even a shipper-y thing. It's just the truth. Stevie's life is devoted to her music and her 'Stevie Nicks' thing. She has said she chose that over her personal life/having a family and I think there's nothing wrong with that. So when Stevie looks back at her life and thinks about what other person had the biggest impact on her life, she's gonna point to the guy who was the start of her career and who fueled her fire (in good AND bad ways) for decades.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why would he do that? He’s coming into a band as just a replacement. He’s making millions of dollars. He knows his place and I’m sure wouldn’t say a word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I can already imagine what will happen when they start recording and Neil tells Stevie that she needs to change some lines in her songs because they don't make any sense.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 04-25-2018, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Kristen Buckingham's comment on the interview:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-25-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The longer I sit with this devastating news, the more I am inclined to say that this may have been a mutual agreement. Yes, I'm sure tensions were running high. Mick needed money, Stevie didn't want to sit home for a year. After Lindsey didn't "sign on the dotted line" and give in to pressure, he told them to go ahead. They called his bluff and decided to do just that.

They called Mike Campbell and Billy Burnett. Burnett didn't work out in the rehearsals (something was missing), so Mick called his friend Neil Finn.

Though everyone is pissed off, this will give Lindsey time to do his solo small machine thing. He can also enjoy time with his family.

We will see a MASSIVE FAREWELL TOUR in late 2020 going into 2021 with Lindsey "miraculously" returning to the fold. News of the iconic lineup Rumours reuniting will send the farewell tour ticket sales THROUGH THE ROOF. The tour will span the better part of two years, hitting all major markets twice. Don't expect new music, though. I'm just sorry that the Fleetwood Mac brand had to be watered down this way. It's a cheap shot, but what else could we expect?
Old 04-25-2018, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
The longer I sit with this devastating news, the more I am inclined to say that this may have been a mutual agreement. Yes, I'm sure tensions were running high. Mick needed money, Stevie didn't want to sit home for a year. After Lindsey didn't "sign on the dotted line" and give in to pressure, he told them to go ahead. They called his bluff and decided to do just that.

They called Mike Campbell and Billy Burnett. Burnett didn't work out in the rehearsals (something was missing), so Mick called his friend Neil Finn.

Though everyone is pissed off, this will give Lindsey time to do his solo small machine thing. He can also enjoy time with his family.

We will see a MASSIVE FAREWELL TOUR in late 2020 going into 2021 with Lindsey "miraculously" returning to the fold. News of the iconic lineup Rumours reuniting will send the farewell tour ticket sales THROUGH THE ROOF. The tour will span the better part of two years, hitting all major markets twice. Don't expect new music, though. I'm just sorry that the Fleetwood Mac brand had to be watered down this way. It's a cheap shot, but what else could we expect?
I really do believe we will get a farewell tour with the Rumours line up in tact--assuming they are all on the right side of the dirt
Old 04-25-2018, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Somehow I doubt Billy ever got an audition. Anyway, he’s having some health issues right now. He’s apparently in the hospital, so I doubt he could do it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-25-2018, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I really do believe we will get a farewell tour with the Rumours line up in tact--assuming they are all on the right side of the dirt
I really hope that Lindsey refuses to rejoin this greedy group of old hags and $$$ grubbin geezers .

Old 04-25-2018, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Somehow I doubt Billy ever got an audition. Anyway, he’s having some health issues right now. He’s apparently in the hospital, so I doubt he could do it.
Oh, Billy Burnett was there alright. Moreover, he was considered for the spot. Mike Campbell was written in stone due to his close involvement with Stevie, but the band needed a vocalist.

This fiasco all went down right after MusicCares. I'm surprised it was able to be kept secret as long as it was.

Billy's health issues have come in recent weeks-long after Fleetwood Mac had already selected Finn. I suppose, in hindsight, it was good that Billy did not get the job. His health conditions wouldn't have withstood the strain.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Stevie Nicks said that with Lindsey Buckingham no longer in the band, Fleetwood Mac can play more obscure songs when they go out on tour. And as a bonus, it will also give fans an extra opportunity to use the bathrooms.

If one needs a bathroom break, just take it at the
beginning of one of her stories. You'll be back in
time not to miss any of the music.