Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-07-2018, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Alternate Tango In The Night

Looks like they're doing a vinyl version of the alternate Tango for this year's Record Store Day, much like they did for Tusk and Mirage!
Old 03-07-2018, 07:22 AM

It's the same as the Deluxe releases, no? (virtually the same)?
Old 03-07-2018, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My only question with this Record Store Day release, is that Tango didn't have a complete alternative track-list like Tusk, Mirage, and now the White Album. I will be intrigued to see the track-list for this. There was no alternate Little Lies, Big Love, none of Stevie's tracks Seven Wonders not withstanding. I hope they don't include those hideous remixes.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it would be cool if Stevie's original vocal takes were to resurface, the ones that were allegedly so bad that Lindsey couldn't use them. I'm in the minority here, but I loved her mid 80s vocal style, peppered with "wellllllls" and "baybeh!" All that changed after she got out of Betty Ford, like literally almost overnight.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
I think it would be cool if Stevie's original vocal takes were to resurface, the ones that were allegedly so bad that Lindsey couldn't use them. I'm in the minority here, but I loved her mid 80s vocal style, peppered with "wellllllls" and "baybeh!" All that changed after she got out of Betty Ford, like literally almost overnight.
You can hear a lot of the bad vocal takes on the Tango Deluxe reissue. Some of those songs... I mean, they're unspeakably cringe. You have to wonder what faces Lindsey was making in the studio when hearing them.

Mick on the other hand -- he was on the moon.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes but "Ooh My Love" and "Juliet" didn't make the album. Other than the early take of 'Seven Wonders" there isn't anything else from Stevie. I was thinking more along the lines of anything she might have added to Lindsey or Christine's tracks during her two week recording visit that Lindsey ultimately decided was unusable.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The “early version” of Seven Wonders is actually the same version that’s on the finished album. The early version is just before Lindsay sped the vocal up and added all the 80’s layers too it.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The Ooh My Love on Tango is one of the worst demos I have ever heard. Don't get me wrong, I love the song on TOSOTM. Its one of Stevie's best. But is it just me or does Stevie sound really out of it and maybe drunk? I am not talking about the quality of her voice but her voice pattern. I always think its a snapshot into the studio and what it was like. I am surprised they put the demo on the new Tango release because I think its so bad.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The Ooh My Love on Tango is one of the worst demos I have ever heard. Don't get me wrong, I love the song on TOSOTM. Its one of Stevie's best. But is it just me or does Stevie sound really out of it and maybe drunk? I am not talking about the quality of her voice but her voice pattern. I always think its a snapshot into the studio and what it was like. I am surprised they put the demo on the new Tango release because I think its so bad.
Couldn't agree more. The bad thing is, it starts out kind of interesting with that synth / sequencer.

Lindsey and Richard clearly put a lot of work into it for the instrumentation to sound that good and polished, but the vocals... wow. It's not even just the delivery - the lyrics are cringe. Everything about it is cringe. Stevie was gone by that point. Had she have been around more and in her own mind, I think Lindsey might have toured to finish off his tenure in that era.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m pretty sure her visit to the studio was after Betty Ford, so if this track was recorded after that we can’t blame cocaine. It would be too soon to blame it on Klonopin because she was still new on it and didn’t start abusing it yet. So maybe she was just drunk.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Picked this up today and I'm unimpressed. The vinyl is as shoddy as last year's alternate Mirage and the cover is equally dull. Smacks of cheap money-grab, which in view of recent events, should come as no surprise.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Picked this up today and I'm unimpressed. The vinyl is as shoddy as last year's alternate Mirage and the cover is equally dull. Smacks of cheap money-grab, which in view of recent events, should come as no surprise.
Sorry to hear that. What does the vinyl contain in terms of tracks? Are they the same demos as on the Deluxe edition?
Old 04-20-2018, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Cheap money grab.....that's so unlike them
Old 04-20-2018, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah it contains just the demo/alternate versions (no remixes or anything new).