The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 09-07-2017, 08:49 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I received this anonimous messages on Tumblr on this topic (definitely not creepy at all):

I am aware of the confusion regarding the WISYA's vocals, so I'll provide you with the quote I used. On “When I See You Again,” Nicks’ voice almost crumbles and shatters into atoms. “Stevie was the worst she’s ever been,” Buckingham told Uncut in 2013. “I didn’t recognize her...I had to pull performances out of words and lines and make parts that sounded like her that weren’t her.”

Btw, you can find that quote on Pitchfork's review of the Tango in the Night Deluxe set.
Thanks for sharing. That quote is really really scary but not surprising. Its also no surprise that Stevie's management forced her to seek help.
Even though the treatment was successful, Stevie left Betty Ford early and "ran away." That's usually a red flag that someone is going to relapse. When Stevie returned to the band for the end of Tango (before release), I can see why Lindsey could not dare tour with such insanity.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, the demo of Oooh My Love sounds so odd because you can tell Stevie is so out of it. One of my favorite photos is the one with Stevie and Lindsey during the Tango sessions. Lindsey is looking at Stevie and Stevie is without makeup (or very litte), her hair a mess, she looks like she has been up all night from a party and hung over, smoking a long Kool Mild 100 cigarette. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and that one definitely is.
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life : 09-07-2017 at 08:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-07-2017, 09:12 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for sharing. That quote is really really scary but not surprising. Its also no surprise that Stevie's management forced her to seek help.
Even though the treatment was successful, Stevie left Betty Ford early and "ran away." That's usually a red flag that someone is going to relapse. When Stevie returned to the band for the end of Tango (before release), I can see why Lindsey could not dare tour with such insanity.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, the demo of Oooh My Love sounds so odd because you can tell Stevie is so out of it. One of my favorite photos is the one with Stevie and Lindsey during the Tango sessions. Lindsey is looking at Stevie and Stevie is without makeup (or very litte), her hair a mess, she looks like she has been up all night from a party and hung over, smoking a long Kool Mild 100 cigarette. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and that one definitely is.
Ah ah it wasn't that what I found creepy, but I guess the content of the quote can be creepy too in its own way.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-07-2017, 10:21 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I received this anonimous messages on Tumblr on this topic (definitely not creepy at all):

I am aware of the confusion regarding the WISYA's vocals, so I'll provide you with the quote I used. On “When I See You Again,” Nicks’ voice almost crumbles and shatters into atoms. “Stevie was the worst she’s ever been,” Buckingham told Uncut in 2013. “I didn’t recognize her...I had to pull performances out of words and lines and make parts that sounded like her that weren’t her.”

Btw, you can find that quote on Pitchfork's review of the Tango in the Night Deluxe set.
Yikes!!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Buster Buster is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 28
Default

I find Stevie's vocals on WISYA to be heartbreakingly beautiful, capturing where she was in her imperfect life and career. However, I can't deal with lyrics like and she stares at the stairs ooh there are so many things to stare at these days - so I never listen to it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:55 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I find Stevie's vocals on WISYA to be heartbreakingly beautiful, capturing where she was in her imperfect life and career. However, I can't deal with lyrics like and she stares at the stairs ooh there are so many things to stare at these days - so I never listen to it.
I justify it that way, too. I really enjoy WISYA and the ache in her heart. Further, I've never been as hard on her for her lyrics as I have the other two. Oy...

Having said that, I don't listen to FMac for the lyrics. Thank goodness for that!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:04 PM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires.
  #21  
Old 09-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Buster Buster is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I justify it that way, too. I really enjoy WISYA and the ache in her heart. Further, I've never been as hard on her for her lyrics as I have the other two. Oy...

Having said that, I don't listen to FMac for the lyrics. Thank goodness for that!
I'm glad others view her vocals on that song the same way.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-07-2017, 01:19 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,853
Default

As the person who contacted Sister Nightroad says, the article says this:

On “When I See You Again,” Nicks’ voice almost crumbles and shatters into atoms. “Stevie was the worst she’s ever been,” Buckingham told Uncut in 2013. “I didn’t recognize her...I had to pull performances out of words and lines and make parts that sounded like her that weren’t her.”

Here's the thing -- this sentence is from the writer, expressing their own opinion:
On “When I See You Again,” Nicks’ voice almost crumbles and shatters into atoms

They then went back to an older interview Lindsey did with someone else and in which he talked about the overall issues dealing with Stevie during the making of that album:
“Stevie was the worst she’s ever been,” Buckingham told Uncut in 2013. “I didn’t recognize her...I had to pull performances out of words and lines and make parts that sounded like her that weren’t her.”

By kluging those two pieces together the writer makes it appear as if Lindsey's comment was made in response to being asked about WISYA specifically. He was not. He was asked about working with her on everything.

He has said many times before that she was not available to work on either his or Chris's songs. There's the infamous story from Mick in his book that when Stevie did show up at one point she was mad she was not heard on any of their songs, and Chris said to her that she had wanted Stevie on the songs but Stevie had not been there. They then came to a truce and Stevie recorded some bits like "tell me lies" on Little Lies. But Lindsey had already done his work on those songs to try and make it sound like she was in the mix on other parts as well because they didn't know they'd get anything more from her.

My original question was about the claim that in one song you can hear that Lindsey has tweaked his own voice to sound like her and then after the middle 8 you hear him go back to his own voice. I'd love to know what song that is.

Whew.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-07-2017, 01:56 PM
KenB KenB is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
My original question was about the claim that in one song you can hear that Lindsey has tweaked his own voice to sound like her and then after the middle 8 you hear him go back to his own voice. I'd love to know what song that was
This is just a guess, but could he be talking about "Family Man" -- that part after the guitar solo, around the 2:20 or 2:30 mark -- where it sounds like Stevie mumbling "am what I am what I am what I am" out into infinity?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-07-2017, 02:24 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I received these anonimous messages on Tumblr on this topic (definitely not creepy at all):

I am aware of the confusion regarding the WISYA's vocals, so I'll provide you with the quote I used. On “When I See You Again,” Nicks’ voice almost crumbles and shatters into atoms. “Stevie was the worst she’s ever been,” Buckingham told Uncut in 2013. “I didn’t recognize her...I had to pull performances out of words and lines and make parts that sounded like her that weren’t her.”

Btw, you can find that quote on Pitchfork's review of the Tango in the Night Deluxe set.
WelcomeChris
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-07-2017, 02:37 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
As the person who contacted Sister Nightroad says, the article says this:

On “When I See You Again,” Nicks’ voice almost crumbles and shatters into atoms. “Stevie was the worst she’s ever been,” Buckingham told Uncut in 2013. “I didn’t recognize her...I had to pull performances out of words and lines and make parts that sounded like her that weren’t her.”

Here's the thing -- this sentence is from the writer, expressing their own opinion:
On “When I See You Again,” Nicks’ voice almost crumbles and shatters into atoms

They then went back to an older interview Lindsey did with someone else and in which he talked about the overall issues dealing with Stevie during the making of that album:
“Stevie was the worst she’s ever been,” Buckingham told Uncut in 2013. “I didn’t recognize her...I had to pull performances out of words and lines and make parts that sounded like her that weren’t her.”

By kluging those two pieces together the writer makes it appear as if Lindsey's comment was made in response to being asked about WISYA specifically. He was not. He was asked about working with her on everything.


He has said many times before that she was not available to work on either his or Chris's songs. There's the infamous story from Mick in his book that when Stevie did show up at one point she was mad she was not heard on any of their songs, and Chris said to her that she had wanted Stevie on the songs but Stevie had not been there. They then came to a truce and Stevie recorded some bits like "tell me lies" on Little Lies. But Lindsey had already done his work on those songs to try and make it sound like she was in the mix on other parts as well because they didn't know they'd get anything more from her.

My original question was about the claim that in one song you can hear that Lindsey has tweaked his own voice to sound like her and then after the middle 8 you hear him go back to his own voice. I'd love to know what song that is.

Whew.

Good work Sherlock.
Regarding the comment about '...after the middle 8 the rest of the song is sung in Buckinghams normal register', isnt that just an opinion by the wiki author specifically about WISYA based on the vague, unclear references?
I'm confused.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-07-2017, 03:47 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Good work Sherlock.
Regarding the comment about '...after the middle 8 the rest of the song is sung in Buckinghams normal register', isnt that just an opinion by the wiki author specifically about WISYA based on the vague, unclear references?
I'm confused.
Yes, exactly.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-07-2017, 04:29 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Good work Sherlock.
Regarding the comment about '...after the middle 8 the rest of the song is sung in Buckinghams normal register', isnt that just an opinion by the wiki author specifically about WISYA based on the vague, unclear references?
I'm confused.
then where, before the middle 8, is he singing on that song, and more specifically, where is Stevie NOT singing it and where you think it's Stevie it's really Lindsey having tweaked his voice?

Doesn't make sense.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,936
Default

Wouldn't it be something if it was discovered Lindsey disguised his voice as Stevie sang the entire song of Seven Wonders himself.
Now THAT would be something
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-07-2017, 05:00 PM
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 875
Default

IMO at that time she was so out of it on drugs, carried away with herself and fame that her voice had morphed into a caricature of itself. Like an older actress who's performances are way over the top. Think Carol Burnett's Norma Desmond and I know I'm dating myself. This is Stevie's voice back then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTKhw-v5h2I
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-08-2017, 10:21 AM
JohnL JohnL is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
If she keeps bashing him like she has....he just might. I would rather the call it quits as a band at this point and Lindsey write that book. Let there be another duo album instead. I've had it with her antics. And before you S fans all chime in, not more then a year ago I was the biggest fan, but she has squandered that very quickly.
Po wittle Windsey...big bad Stevie said something unflattering. We get it. You guys dont like Stevie Nicks.
__________________
Love is a word and some entertain it...if you find it...you have won the game baby
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood Mick Fleetwood 1947- genuine autograph photo 8"x12" signed In Person
$175.0
Mick Fleetwood 1947- genuine autograph photo 8Singer Mick Fleetwood Signed Photo 8x10 COA
$99.99
Singer Mick Fleetwood Signed Photo 8x10 COA pictureMick Fleetwood, Founder of Fleetwood Mac, Signed Photo, COA, UACC RD 036
$99.99
Mick Fleetwood, Founder of Fleetwood Mac, Signed Photo, COA, UACC RD 036 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved