The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-21-2017, 07:36 PM
dontlookdown dontlookdown is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,012
Default World Turning should be in Buckingham McVie set list

Am I the only one who thinks World Turning is the quintessential Buckingham McVie song?
I fully expected it to be in their set list on this tour.
I know it's also a Fleetwood Mac staple, but I was hoping for a new arrangement on the tour.
I'm sure they had to be careful about which FM songs they did, but not including this is a head scratcher for sure.
And I'd happily take Brown Eyes over Wish You Were Here.
I'd happily take almost any other Chris song over Wish You Were Here...
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 07-21-2017, 07:42 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,065
Default

got 3 words for ya:

Too Far Gone



i think WYWH is gorgeous.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-21-2017, 07:42 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,026
Default

I agree about World Turning should be in the set. It could be done like the studio version without the need of the drum solo. I think It should replace Little Lies. That song just doesn't work (IMO) without Stevie's vocal. At the philly show many of us were singing her part.....weird.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-21-2017, 08:42 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
got 3 words for ya:

Too Far Gone
Yep, the two songs are just too much alike to be in the same set list. And I can see why they'd rather play a new song than a standard.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-22-2017, 01:52 PM
Frankenstein's Avatar
Frankenstein Frankenstein is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 210
Default

I don't think World Turning is needed due to the inclusion of Too Far Gone but I do think they could have done more of their "duet" FM songs. Think About Me and Isn't It Midnight would have been nice.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-22-2017, 02:19 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
I don't think World Turning is needed due to the inclusion of Too Far Gone but I do think they could have done more of their "duet" FM songs. Think About Me and Isn't It Midnight would have been nice.
i think they could - and should! - do at least 1 or more of Lindsey's FM deep cuts. they are doing 2 of Christine's never or rarely played songs - WYWH and Hold Me, and i'm ecstatic about both.

meanwhile, on the 2014-2015 FM tour as well as this BuckVie tour, Lindsey has been a complete disappointement as far as any rarely played songs or deep cuts go. 2014-2015 FM tour was only interesting to me because of Christine's comeback and her songs - and as you all know i'm a complete LB fan, i love the man! LB songs were completely un-interesting to me, there was nothing new there.

BuckVie tour is of course different becausse they are doing all these new songs and i really really enjoy most of these and their energy live. but as far as the rest of the LB songs in the set - complete boring always always played staples of his live set - whether FM or LB solo. granted, he is skipping Big Love and SHN and that's nice. ad that is balanced by Christine skipping arguably FM's biggest hit ever - Don't Stop, as well as Say You Love Me. but he is not adding anything interesting from the past. he has so many of never or extremely rarely played Tusk songs, and he's doing zero of those.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-22-2017, 02:40 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,857
Default

agree can't have Too Far Gone and World Turning or everyone would see how closely they resemble each other.

Same for Carnival Begin when you have I'm So Afraid in the set. And he's not gonna give that up coz it gets such a huuuuuuge response.

But Isn't It Midnight would be great..... lets him do a rip roaring solo at the end.... it needs to be in the FM set if not in this one
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-22-2017, 03:41 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
agree can't have Too Far Gone and World Turning or everyone would see how closely they resemble each other.

Same for Carnival Begin when you have I'm So Afraid in the set. And he's not gonna give that up coz it gets such a huuuuuuge response.

But Isn't It Midnight would be great..... lets him do a rip roaring solo at the end.... it needs to be in the FM set if not in this one
Agree about Isn't it Midnight. I'd LOVE for that song to be included on the setlist. I was hoping they would change (or add) one or two songs, given the fact that the album/tour is having good reviews.

I guess I'm in the minority because I enjoy Trouble and SUD every time I listen to them. But hey, the man could be singing 'Happy Birthday' and I will love him anyway.
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..." - Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-22-2017, 04:46 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,948
Default

World Turning is done EVERY Mac concert. It also features a drum solo from Mick. I say give it a rest because more than likely it will once again be in the Mac setlist. I am happy and disappointed in the Buck/McVie set list. I wish they would have dug deeper and dropped Little Lies, I'm So Afraid, and Never Going Back Again. They could have added Got A Hold on Me, Think About Me, Isn't it Midnight, or Brown Eyes..
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-22-2017, 05:47 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
World Turning is done EVERY Mac concert. It also features a drum solo from Mick. I say give it a rest because more than likely it will once again be in the Mac setlist. I am happy and disappointed in the Buck/McVie set list. I wish they would have dug deeper and dropped Little Lies, I'm So Afraid, and Never Going Back Again. They could have added Got A Hold on Me, Think About Me, Isn't it Midnight, or Brown Eyes..

I like and agree with these songs and still think a "non drum solo version" of World Turning would be a welcome addition.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-26-2017, 11:02 AM
sweetdudejim sweetdudejim is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 28
Default

You know, when I saw that Lindsey and Christine were touring, and then that they weren't coming to Florida, I was really bummed. I figured that outside of Fleetwood Mac's "big machine" that Christine and especially Lindsey would use this special opportunity to do something different.

First of all, I expected that at the very least we'd get all of the major solo hits: "Trouble", "Got a Hold on Me", "Holiday Road" and "Go Insane" (maybe with "Go Insane" in the band version, a la the Fleetwood Mac 2009 tour). Then you got the rarely played Fleetwood Mac hits like "Think About Me" and "Hold Me" which both seemed like a lock since both prominently feature Christine and Lindsey. And then lastly, since Tango In The Night just got reissued, you'd think maybe they could promote it by playing some they haven't done, like perhaps the song "Tango In The Night" which I think would really get the crowd going with it's incredible guitar solo, or perhaps "Isn't It Midnight" which is a great McVie/Buckingham tune. And then, maybe some more rarely played Tusk tunes?

But alas, we get mostly old standbys. Now granted we also a few of the things I hoped for (like "Hold Me") and of course we got the great new material, but still, I feel they could have done a lot more.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-26-2017, 12:10 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,587
Default

We did get

Hold Me
Trouble
Wish You Were Here
8 new songs
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Frankenstein's Avatar
Frankenstein Frankenstein is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think they could - and should! - do at least 1 or more of Lindsey's FM deep cuts. they are doing 2 of Christine's never or rarely played songs - WYWH and Hold Me, and i'm ecstatic about both.

meanwhile, on the 2014-2015 FM tour as well as this BuckVie tour, Lindsey has been a complete disappointement as far as any rarely played songs or deep cuts go. 2014-2015 FM tour was only interesting to me because of Christine's comeback and her songs - and as you all know i'm a complete LB fan, i love the man! LB songs were completely un-interesting to me, there was nothing new there.

BuckVie tour is of course different becausse they are doing all these new songs and i really really enjoy most of these and their energy live. but as far as the rest of the LB songs in the set - complete boring always always played staples of his live set - whether FM or LB solo. granted, he is skipping Big Love and SHN and that's nice. ad that is balanced by Christine skipping arguably FM's biggest hit ever - Don't Stop, as well as Say You Love Me. but he is not adding anything interesting from the past. he has so many of never or extremely rarely played Tusk songs, and he's doing zero of those.
You're right. In fact I would axe the two LB solo songs in the opener and replace them with WATL and something else rarely-played. For a guy who likes Tusk so much, he sure doesn't play many of his songs from that record.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-26-2017, 04:00 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,314
Default

The exclusion of Don't Stop kind of puzzles me. It would have been appropriate and less awkward than Little Lies.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-26-2017, 10:23 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The exclusion of Don't Stop kind of puzzles me. It would have been appropriate and less awkward than Little Lies.
Plus, she could show she still can play keyboards.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo pictureSam Moore/Bekka Bramlett Signed/Autographed CD Sleeve/Obtained In Person
$12.95
Sam Moore/Bekka Bramlett Signed/Autographed CD Sleeve/Obtained In Person picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved