Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-13-2017, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
No.

They will remember exactly what it is they remember now... Dreams Rhiannon Sara and Landslide
Nice omission of Go Your Own Way and Don't Stop . . .

Anyway, the only reason people don't think of them beyond those albums is that they really haven't given people a reason to. Three studio albums in thirty years isn't a way to stay relevant. If they went out with five albums in three years (which isn't that hard to do these days, even at their ages), people will talk about that years after they're all gone. Nobody will remember that they decided to do another greatest hits tour before calling it a day.

People remember that with Johnny Cash.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-13-2017, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Alec anxiously awaits Stevie's first
official put down of the new album.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Alec anxiously awaits Stevie's first
official put down of the new album.
i don't think she'll do that. it would make her look petty and jealous.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-13-2017, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
It sure would. But I don't think she'll be able to
stop herself. The one thing she can't resist is a
dig.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
She is, Elle!
Old 01-13-2017, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey has been known to get a good dig in himself, and although rare, Christine reportedly has the type of digs that have been known to make grown adults cry.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-14-2017, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

it hit the Rolling Stone now, cobbled from LA Times interview plus old excerpts from RS and other places... so again bunch of tweets and excitement on social media. i love how each article picks different FM pic and zeroes in on just Christine and Lindsey.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...uet-lp-w461140

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie Plan Duet LP
Duo, as Buckingham McVie, aim to release new album in May

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are working on a duet album together that they'll release under the moniker Buckingham McVie. Richard E. Aaron Redferns
By Daniel Kreps

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are working on a duet album together that they'll release under the moniker Buckingham McVie.

Four months after Mick Fleetwood hinted to Rolling Stone that McVie and Buckingham "could probably have a mighty strong duet album if they want," the singers formally revealed the project Friday in an interview with Los Angeles Times.

"All these years we've had this rapport, but we'd never really thought about doing a duet album before," Buckingham said. "There is that album [Buckingham Nicks] that I did with Stevie [Nicks] back before we joined the band, but other than that, it's all been Fleetwood Mac or solo."

The album, tentatively scheduled for release in May, features musical contributions from fellow Mac members bassist John McVie and drummer Mick Fleetwood. However, McVie and Buckingham were clear that the LP would arrive under the Buckingham McVie name and not the Fleetwood Mac.
Since McVie rejoined Fleetwood Mac following a 16-year sabbatical from the band, it's been rumored that members have been hunkered down in Los Angeles' Village Studios working on their first new LP since 2003's Say You Will.

However, as Mick Fleetwood told Rolling Stone in an August interview, while the band recorded a "huge amount" of new music since McVie's return, "None of it's with Stevie… or very little."

"Some of it is very, very old stuff that Lindsey maybe did with [Nicks] years and years ago. We're not quite sure what will happen with it," Fleetwood said at the time. "Stevie has her own life and career and I think … you know, she just doesn't want to spend the time right now. And we're quietly saddened about that but also I sort of understand."

Fleetwood added that "when Christine came back, she came back with a bag full of goods. She ****ing wrote up a storm."

The following month, McVie told Rolling Stone, "We cut seven songs in the studio already for the start of a brand-new studio album... We shelved that temporarily and then went on the road and did the tour. And now, actually, I think we're going back in in October to try to finish it off. Stevie hasn't participated yet, but hope springs eternal... But Lindsey and I, we have plenty of songs. There are tons more in the bag that we have yet to record. And they're fantastic. So we're going to carry on and try to finish the record."

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-14-2017, 01:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

This is thrilling news!! I can't wait to hear the new songs!!
Old 01-14-2017, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm just thrilled they've officially committed to the project in print. It's a Fleetwood Mac album without the name Fleetwood Mac. I can't wait to get my hands on the music.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There's a certain irony in all of this. Had they not had to fight for the legal right to the Fleetwood Mac name, they wouldn't have moved to Los Angeles. Had they not moved to Los Angeles, they wouldn't have met Lindsey and Stevie.

I also find it funny that Mick didn't have a problem using the name with Billy, Bekka, and Dave Mason fronting the band, but won't use it for an album that features 4/5 of the band's most recognizable lineup.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-14-2017, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Utterly fantastic news. I think this was the best way to go about it, even if they aren't using the Fleetwood Mac name. I'm so happy they're no longer letting the music stagnate while waiting pointlessly for Stevie.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I love the idea but I firmly believe if you are a REAL member of this band you don't sign up for big bucks for a tour but also be a part of the creative process of the band for new material. I know Stevie signed up for the tour but I feel that if she does not contribute to the new album than she should not be allowed to tour. The band (mostly Lindsey) turned down Christine with this same offer. It was reported during the 2013 European tour that Christine floated the idea of joining the band for the tour only. Lindsey pretty much said you are IN OR OUT. You cant have it both ways and come and go as you please (i.e. touring in Europe but not the USA). I think everyone should be treated the same. We all know that Stevie is a huge draw and it will never happen but its just my opinion
Have to agree with you.....they were fine with continuing on, and putting out new music, without Lindsey and Christine, but they can't/won't do the same without Stevie? If the four of them are on all the tracks, then it IS a Fleetwood Mac album!
It's almost like they're playing it safe, and keeping the door open, just in case....but, sadly, I think that ship has sailed!!
Old 01-14-2017, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why does his name always come first when he's partnered with a woman?? Hmmmm????

(I'm not buying an "alphabetical order" rationale)
Old 01-14-2017, 02:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Why does his name always come first when he's partnered with a woman?? Hmmmm????

(I'm not buying an "alphabetical order" rationale)
Rolls off the tongue easier.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-14-2017, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This was an obvious move, but I despaired that they would ever make the leap and take it. I'm so glad this is happening. It's so exciting to think that we could have new music from them in just a few months.

Michele