User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't think song selection has anything to do with why Stevie is reluctant to join the Mac in the studio. Its not a variety of reasons either. Its Lindsey. I think re-recording Buckingham Nicks would actually create more drama if that is even possible. I was listening to a rare interview with Stevie and how during the 2009 tour her and Lindsey did not get along and it was a miserable tour. They never spoke and if they did, it was a fight.
do you mean the syw tour? because from everything i've ever heard or read, the 2009 tour was a lot better than that. i saw interviews where stevie talked about it and said they had a couple fights but it was better than SYW and was mostly just 'nothing'. lindsey kind of said the same thing and called it neutral. but she talked about how the say you will tour was very hard because she wasn't happy with the album and that spilled over into when they toured (although according to cory buckingham's tour diaries they got along fine). i think that's what she's most reluctant about. she thinks it's gonna be like say you will 2.0
Old 01-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
do you mean the syw tour? because from everything i've ever heard or read, the 2009 tour was a lot better than that. i saw interviews where stevie talked about it and said they had a couple fights but it was better than SYW and was mostly just 'nothing'. lindsey kind of said the same thing and called it neutral. but she talked about how the say you will tour was very hard because she wasn't happy with the album and that spilled over into when they toured (although according to cory buckingham's tour diaries they got along fine). i think that's what she's most reluctant about. she thinks it's gonna be like say you will 2.0
No. This interview was promoting the early 2013 tour (one year before Christine came back). She talks about recently getting off the Rod Stewart Heart and Soul tour and the current Mac tour (2013) is so much better than 2009 when Lindsey and her did not get along. The interviewer also adds he noticed it when he saw the show. I will post the full interview on the Stevie page.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post

This all a bunch of BS for the media. OMG!
Old 01-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No. This interview was promoting the early 2013 tour (one year before Christine came back). She talks about recently getting off the Rod Stewart Heart and Soul tour and the current Mac tour (2013) is so much better than 2009 when Lindsey and her did not get along. The interviewer also adds he noticed it when he saw the show. I will post the full interview on the Stevie page.
Thanks for the link! Wonder why they cut off at mention of Bob Welch or if time was just up.

**edit- i just listened and she's saying the same thing as i heard her say other times...2009 was like 'nothing' they weren't clicking, i don't hear her complaining about really bad fights or anything

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 01-08-2017 at 04:57 PM..
Old 01-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I don't think Stevie ranting about tours or albums being hard is BS for the media. She can get pretty blunt (and dramatic) sometimes. I heard her say several times before that 2009 was slightly better than SYW which she emphasized many times was horrible, awful, bad, miserable, she hated the album, the tour, etc etc.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
The media? Oh I think we know who to blame then!!
Old 01-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just pick a few covers that require few backing vocals.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We all agree Stevie doesn't want to record new songs with FM for a variety of reasons. However, there is a possible solution to this- what if the band agreed to pick 3 Stevie songs from the Buckingham Nicks album to put on the new FM album?
Seeking a "solution" to Stevie's unwillingness to record with FM implies that her unwillingness is a "problem." To my thinking, it's an opportunity. It's a wonderful opportunity for the two songwriters in the band who still have their creative mojo intact to create something great together. I don't think a Lindsey/Christine duo album is an inferior choice to an album with all five.

As for the idea of putting some 45 year old tracks from Stevie and Lindsey's previous recording effort on the album, just so diehards can hear Stevie's voice, I really don't think that would work. Those aren't Fleetwood Mac songs, and even adding some Christine harmonies isn't going to make them Fleetwood Mac songs. They would sound really jarring combined with new songs from Chris and Lindsey.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie will be on the next album. But not until shes pushed the others to the breaking point. I still think it's late 2018 before we see it.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Stevie will be on the next album. But not until shes pushed the others to the breaking point. I still think it's late 2018 before we see it.
I don't think the others will wait that long for her. At least I hope not.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Maybe they can drop her "Family Man" vocal in here or there
Layer it nicely before each bridge.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
I don't think the others will wait that long for her. At least I hope not.
I really hope you're right. I do not want to wait until 2018. It's just not fair that they've dangled this new music before us for already 2.5 years. Really, what is the status on the new music? Has it, as Christine outlined in October, been done since Christmas? Or are we only a touch closer to a completed set. I'm not upset with Stevie at all. I'm upset with the remaining four who simply will not move on with it in a timely and reasonable way. I get a sinking feeling Mick is the one who is holding them back as he hopes and prays and waits for Stevie.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I really hope you're right. I do not want to wait until 2018. It's just not fair that they've dangled this new music before us for already 2.5 years. Really, what is the status on the new music? Has it, as Christine outlined in October, been done since Christmas? Or are we only a touch closer to a completed set. I'm not upset with Stevie at all. I'm upset with the remaining four who simply will not move on with it in a timely and reasonable way. I get a sinking feeling Mick is the one who is holding them back as he hopes and prays and waits for Stevie.
As with pretty much everything going back to 1987, there have been a lot of missteps and mistakes made by this band. They did EP as a way to test the waters, then they toured, then Christine came back, then they toured . . . I think the latest delay was to see, after a bit of a break, whether or not Stevie would change her mind with Christine back. And, I think they got their answer.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She obviously has lost all her writing mojo and is scared her stuff will be sh*t. On her own she can just now recycle her old demos and has to bring nothing new to the table. With FM she's with two other writers who are still writing and trying to be fresh. I say get rid of her (this coming from someone who used to adore her). If their stuff is anything like their Tango collaborations I'll be happy. Sales be damned and damn Stevie for ruining our dream. Let's face it we thought a new album by the five was a given after Stevie went on and on about Christine returning .I will never forgive Stevie for f in'g this up, ever. Not that she cares.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
As with pretty much everything going back to 1987, there have been a lot of missteps and mistakes made by this band. They did EP as a way to test the waters, then they toured, then Christine came back, then they toured . . . I think the latest delay was to see, after a bit of a break, whether or not Stevie would change her mind with Christine back. And, I think they got their answer.
They got the answer, but did they hear it? I hope you're right. I really do.